Status
Not open for further replies.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ROM loading from Ninjhax so...

the roms wouldnt load from ninjhax though , they would load from the GW card itself , you would set up the GW with a diskwriter tool like sky3ds does
CN wold be the in the 1st slot , GW cart would immediately emulate CN cart , you go into ninjhax and HB launcher ,load a GW rom switcher homebrew program.3dsx from the 3ds sd card , just a gui that lets you basically flick an internal switch in the GW card that has the same function as the button on the back of a sky card that jumps the GW card emulator to the next rom slot , they could make a GUI so you just pick the rom slot you want from a list of names/icons

D

Deleted-355425

They wouldn't release a exploit that relied on a game that went out of print nerly 3 years ago.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't release a exploit that relied on a game that went out of print nerly 3 years ago.

you wouldnt need a game cart though, just a rom of CN ,and it would not be mandatory just optional if you want to have more than one rom at a time on the GW card , it would still fall in line with their statements ,you could still use GW on 9.x and new 3ds with one rom at a time without it

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the roms wouldnt load from ninjhax though , they would load from the GW card itself , you would set up the GW with a diskwriter tool like sky3ds does
CN wold be the in the 1st slot , GW cart would immediately emulate CN cart , you go into ninjhax and HB launcher ,load a GW rom switcher homebrew program.3dsx from the 3ds sd card , just a gui that lets you basically flick an internal switch in the GW card that has the same function as the button on the back of a sky card that jumps the GW card emulator to the next rom slot , they could make a GUI so you just pick the rom slot you want from a list of names/icons
Duct tape, twine and paperclips - go MacGyver on that puppy. =P

Seriously though, regardless of what methods used. It seems obvious that Gateway will try out various venues to reach their goal.
While some speculation may be more or less likely than others, ultimately what everyone cares about is results.
And the fact that they ARE working on it rather than pushing out a release indicates that they themselves have idea's and/or plans.

Waiting on a reply from that french reseller in the meantime. See if we can get a different answer than "soon" from them.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm Gateway said they will be able for more then ten roms.
Nop I think it is not mayby for 4.5 users.

On their site right after Sky3DS was released well it was more like a hint.
Its pretty obvious by their repeated "9.x features remain to be determined" that it is currently unknown what the exact functionalities will be.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is known that they will not be implementing a 10 game rom limit DRM scheme to artificially limit their card,
they even made a joke about it on their site , that is what he is referring to

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
As one bud points out here, the dreaded soon ...

I 'kinda think that, if it really is just single-rom support.. Why not release it now for those who wanna' get in on the fun and work on .. Whatever they're working on now.

Unless of course, they're still working on the exploit and probably single-rom loading.

We'd like a video, mmmkay Gateway? :(

eShop please? :((

Reactions: Danjal

masksacrafice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited for the update. I sold my 4.5 3ds as I needed the money and didn't want to part with my Pikachu 3ds XL, so this is a very welcome update. Whenever soon is... Anyway, I can wait. Some good games to play now that I have enough to distract me for this nice little patience test.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, "soon" = next year sometime - once they figure it out.

Apart from my snide comment about Gateway I just wanted to mention that I updated a 3DS in the UK today and got firmware 9.2.0-20(E), in case anyone is wondering.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, "soon" = next year sometime - once they figure it out.

Apart from my snide comment about Gateway I just wanted to mention that I updated a 3DS in the UK today and got firmware 9.2.0-20(E), in case anyone is wondering.

Don't you dare jinx it!
It's right around the corner, you'll see.. Very freaking soon .. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol