Hacking Gateway site update

Status
Not open for further replies.

99%Invisible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, we can tell you're new to Gateway if you expected things to happen in a few weeks :P
Anyway, here's the guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
You can follow only parts of it if you want (for example, only downgrade then come back to your Gateway, or downgrade then setup a free CFW that doesn't need a cartridge (but doesn't work with one and doesn't support cheats, your call) then stop, or go the full way to arm9loaderhax, do as you wish).

Hi there, Thanks for the reply... gave this method a go but on step 8 (Navigate to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php on your 3DS (if you get a slider, zoom all the way in on it, then tap the very right edge of it; this can take quite a few tries) Is there a link or something I tried scanning the qr code but then it told me to update my 3ds to use the browser. I quickly got out of there, turned off the 3ds and formatted the sd. IKR how thick can I get...Theyre simple instructions... I did warn you of my technical skills though. Considering I managed to mess this up, I think my only option is to wait for Gateway 10.3 support. Thanks to Hellhacker1990 for the offer but ive already spent about €120 on this ($140) and cant afford to sink more money into this. I know your wondering why so expensive but 2 gateways is €110 + 2 msd cards is another €10.

Does anyone have ANY idea about 10.3 release... Next week? Next month? Next fcking millennium at this point :P
Thanks for the help all but I guess Ima just wait.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi there, Thanks for the reply... gave this method a go but on step 8 (Navigate to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php on your 3DS (if you get a slider, zoom all the way in on it, then tap the very right edge of it; this can take quite a few tries) Is there a link or something I tried scanning the qr code but then it told me to update my 3ds to use the browser. I quickly got out of there, turned off the 3ds and formatted the sd. IKR how thick can I get...Theyre simple instructions... I did warn you of my technical skills though. Considering I managed to mess this up, I think my only option is to wait for Gateway 10.3 support. Thanks to Hellhacker1990 for the offer but ive already spent about €120 on this ($140) and cant afford to sink more money into this. I know your wondering why so expensive but 2 gateways is €110 + 2 msd cards is another €10.

Does anyone have ANY idea about 10.3 release... Next week? Next month? Next fcking millennium at this point :P
Thanks for the help all but I guess Ima just wait.
As of February 24, 2016, the browser-version-check requires that the installed Old3DS browser be on >=v10.6. With New3DS, it only has to be on >=v10.2 currently. To bypass this requirement on Old3DS/New3DS(this bypass is only usable prior to 10.7.0-32 since it's fixed with 10.7.0-32), you can do the following(if you want to know how this works see here):
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.[

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Luma3ds, but when Gateway will release their thing I will put the Luma3ds in the Trash and buying an Gateway.
I am patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0