Hacking Gateway: Latest system update 8.x

vetrah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... i just got a gateway card.. do i just install the newest firmware from gateway? will this also give me the most up to date emunand?

vetrah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok cool :) i'll download and install gateway 2.2 (omega) ... i'm also kinda confused... do all games work for online play or just certain ones at the moment (i think i read somewhere that only MARIO GOLF is having issues with online play, but all other games work, and work online... is that correct?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games without patches should work (ie: everything but Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7 will work online. However, you can find a MK7 rom with the patch included somewhere. I can't give links, but yeah!) I believe Mario Golf works fine online. I haven't tried it myself, but others say it works, from what I've read a long while ago. Who knows, it could've changed. The reason you can't get patches for Pokemon X/Y - and to a lesser degree - Mario kart 7, is because you must download them via the EShop, and you can't get emunand to boot the 8.0 firmware yet, meaning you can't access the EShop until Gateway comes out with their newest update. Hope this helped!

ok cool :) i'll download and install gateway 2.2 (omega) ... i'm also kinda confused... do all games work for online play or just certain ones at the moment (i think i read somewhere that only MARIO GOLF is having issues with online play, but all other games work, and work online... is that correct?

Reactions: Nurio

vetrah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games without patches should work (ie: everything but Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7 will work online. However, you can find a MK7 rom with the patch included somewhere. I can't give links, but yeah!) I believe Mario Golf works fine online. I haven't tried it myself, but others say it works, from what I've read a long while ago. Who knows, it could've changed. The reason you can't get patches for Pokemon X/Y - and to a lesser degree - Mario kart 7, is because you must download them via the EShop, and you can't get emunand to boot the 8.0 firmware yet, meaning you can't access the EShop until Gateway comes out with their newest update. Hope this helped!

thanks sounds great...

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks sounds great...

I had problems with Mario Golf earlier today.. Turns out it was because I was using a EUR rom instead of USA and it was asking to update. Switched to the USA and downloaded the "data" it requested and now online works well with my private cart id. Good luck.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn.....I blindly updated my GW emunand to 8.x......

Oh well, should I reset emunant and update to 7.x? I'm not too interested to wait for GW patch.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn.....I blindly updated my GW emunand to 8.x......

Oh well, should I reset emunant and update to 7.x? I'm not too interested to wait for GW patch.

Unless you backup'd your 7.x emunand, you can't re-upgrade to 7.x as far as I'm aware. I'd just remove emunand and play on regular 4.4 but BE CAREFUL!

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies accepted!

Now, as for the thread topic itself... The one thing I am looking forward to are the real time saves / save states.
Ha!!!! Finally someone who said it and also knows that save states are seperate without confusing the two!(yes i know a lot of you know this, i just hate peo0le saying i want real time save and meaning save states). Real (real) time saving would be great. Dont get me wrong being able to power of and not just home x is nice but if my game freezes i want to keep my data. Save states would be a bonus since they can be used anywhere. Id finally be able to play my 3ds during the day and not have to worry about not saving to chase my two year old.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So we have 100% game compatibility, let move to the next step: backward compatibility.
If somehow they hack into virtual console so we can play gba, snes and nes game without emulator then my pirate life on 3DS would be complete.

Reactions: y03usw6e

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we have 100% game compatibility, let move to the next step: backward compatibility.
If somehow they hack into virtual console so we can play gba, snes and nes game without emulator then my pirate life on 3DS would be complete.

I think it was Smea who got some GBC-injections working in VC games. He was playing Pokemon Crystal. Similar to the Wii and Wads. I don't think the 3DS will be able to play N64 very well, however. It's architecture isn't exactly "emulator-friendly". I'm heavily curious of how the Vita's gonna emulate things though. The Android has a (HORRIBLE), yet (TERRIBLY-)playable Gamecube emulator, so I wonder if, given the GPU and architecture of the Vita, it'd be able to at least run PS2 to an "alright" degree. Meaning horrible, a-la Daedalus for PSP. I doubt it, and most doubt it'd be even playable, but I've spoken with some VERY smart people over at Wololo's site, and they've said that there's no way to be sure how well the Vita can do with emulation and the PS2 may actually end up being playable. They also said anyone who says PS2 will "definitely not" be playable, are ignorant and are just following what others say, so we'll see.

EDIT: Actually, on page 6, you'll see that some PS2 games are listed as "Playable" on the Vita... http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/regional/game?platform=psvitatv

Weird. Probably a mistake though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol