Hacking Gateway cheat support coming? Is this something we knew about already?

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
L

Cheats aren't all about cheating, some great non-cheating related stuff can be unlocked via codes etc.

Example: The Eon ticket or a hidden level that never made it to the full game. Little things like that are cool.

People who find this stuff in the first place have their own way to get into the game data, without proper public cheat support.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
It's Nintendo's fault if memory editing works in online games, and they have zero protection at all against it.. it's not up to illicit developers to make a protection for online cheating. If the system is hacked then usermode memory is going to be modified eventually and have cheats; Nintendo knew this. But is there anything to stop it? Well it doesn't look like it so they could have at least had something that clients exchange info to verify each other..

Anyway a developer could just have the mode totally not work if wifi is on. There's a solution. But someone will go and break it. And so on, and on. Nintendo should have (or maybe do?) have some anti-cheat online checks in the first place.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case any of the GW Team sees this thread, I'm adding my vote into the camp of disabling wifi when cheats are active. All they would have to do is look at NTR-CFW and see how it disables wifi when cheat plugins are used. So many teams have copied GW's work in the past that I see no issue in GW copying someone else's work for a change.

EDIT: Now that I mention NTR-CFW, I wonder if GW's cheat support is going to be based on NTR-CFW's plugin system...

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
they will never disable cheats while playing online. why? because they would sell less gateway cards.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
This should be disabled during online play if we don't want a repeat of what occurred on Wii with Mario Kart and SSB...

And The Conduit too. That game had the most addictive online multiplayer I've experienced since the first Halo game was released on PC years and years ago. Bounty Hunter in particular was amazing fun. A real shame that cheats completely ruined things!!!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
they will never disable cheats while playing online. why? because they would sell less gateway cards.
tbh i doubt they would sell less cards when there is no alternative.....what most likely would happen is MT rip the feature off and allow online usage to attract the cheat kiddies who want to be l33t h4x0rs online

tbh lets just see if gateway ever turn up with this feature, 3DS online services might be discontinued by that time :rofl:

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh i doubt they would sell less cards when there is no alternative.....what most likely would happen is MT rip the feature off and allow online usage to attract the cheat kiddies who want to be l33t h4x0rs online

tbh lets just see if gateway ever turn up with this feature, 3DS online services might be discontinued by that time :rofl:
Well someone would inevitably make a card that doesn't disable cheats online at some point; all that's up to the Gateway devs is whether or not they'll be the first to do it. If not, that product would have an advantage over Gateway in that regard (people who want to cheat online will get it so they can, and people who don't are just as likely to get it for other reasons.) In order to remain competitive Gateway will need to enable cheats when playing online.

Ray305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well someone would inevitably make a card that doesn't disable cheats online at some point; all that's up to the Gateway devs is whether or not they'll be the first to do it. If not, that product would have an advantage over Gateway in that regard (people who want to cheat online will get it so they can, and people who don't are just as likely to get it for other reasons.) In order to remain competitive Gateway will need to enable cheats when playing online.
Once they open that Pandora's box, there's no closing it. Plenty of people will feel obliged not to buy their card in order to protest online cheating.

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once they open that Pandora's box, there's no closing it. Plenty of people will feel obliged not to buy their card in order to protest online cheating.
Unfortunately once that box is open the people who have no qualms about online cheating are going to permanently change the online game.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately once that box is open the people who have no qualms about online cheating are going to permanently change the online game.
At least at that point, we'll finally see if Nintendo is actually giving a shit about their online services. Even though it was caused by their own bug, the fact that Sm4sh's auto-ban triggered for Peach players proves that Ninty is being more proactive in their anti-cheat endeavors. The update to Pokemon X/Y against pokecheck (or whatever that scanner was called) is another example of Ninty keeping the playing field as even as possible. Perhaps, we'll see the first major wave of bans once the box is opened.

Reactions: Zidapi

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least at that point, we'll finally see if Nintendo is actually giving a shit about their online services. Even though it was caused by their own bug, the fact that Sm4sh's auto-ban triggered for Peach players proves that Ninty is being more proactive in their anti-cheat endeavors. The update to Pokemon X/Y against pokecheck (or whatever that scanner was called) is another example of Ninty keeping the playing field as even as possible. Perhaps, we'll see the first major wave of bans once the box is opened.
I really hope so. Ninty really should step up their anti cheating policy and the things with Smash and Pokemon really are a step in the right direction.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Savestates would be great. This way I would finally try Classic Mode on 9.0. But right now I'm to lazy to play through the whole mode over and over only to see how Master Core beats the crap out of me.

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I think cheat features are a selling point lol. If they had it, it would already be in the app.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they should have cheats and have it only work offline and not brick. I like certain cheats like max/infinity money so its easy to buy items and not take a long time to build up the money for those who dont have time and the last thing we need is to waste time collecting money instead of playing the game during the little time we have when we have other stuff to do.... but thats just me.

Reactions: Nightwish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU