Hacking Gateway cheat support coming? Is this something we knew about already?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I highly doubt a company that provides a device used primarily in piracy is going to care much about "ruining online gameplay". Datel a somewhat more legitimate company would worry about this, but not Gateway. :P
except atm, Nintendo appear pretty lax with gateway existing.......its in gateways interest too to not
A) piss nintendo off any further than just letting people pirate
and
B) not piss off the wider 3DS consumer base, which would no doubt lead to much more action from nintnedo as now legitimate customers are being affected, right now, letting gateway users play online, pretty much just effects things in a positive way, i.e more players online = more people to play with.....if these people become a problem, well then they will have to act upon it

does everyone fancy being blocked from online so some 10 year old can think he is l33t haxor for a few weeks?

Reactions: Zidapi

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
except atm, Nintendo appear pretty lax with gateway existing.......its in gateways interest too to not
A) piss nintendo off any further than just letting people pirate
and
B) not piss off the wider 3DS consumer base, which would no doubt lead to much more action from nintnedo as now legitimate customers are being affected, right now, letting gateway users play online, pretty much just effects things in a positive way, i.e more players online = more people to play with.....if these people become a problem, well then they will have to act upon it

does everyone fancy being blocked from online so some 10 year old can think he is l33t haxor?

Gateway is likely based in China. I doubt they give a rats ass what Nintendo/Japan thinks. :P

Reactions: Margen67

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, sucks that Gateway never releases new features. Wish we had multirom.

Wait...you're an idiot. Guess I should've expected less from ol' dickbutt.

Here, next time I'll use [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] just for you, because apparently it wasn't obvious saying 4 things which blatantly weren't true?

Reactions: Xzi

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Gateway is likely based in China. I doubt they give a rats ass what Nintendo/Japan thinks. :P
fact is, if not stirring the pot makes their life easier, its in their own interests to prevent that, being able to access online is pretty good, why would they want to jeopardize that for a bunch of trolls and idiots

yeah they probably dont care about what people do, but they would care if it means they loose 2 feature's from their features list

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ew. Who wants cheats, even in single player. Ruins the whole point of games. Hope this doesn't happen at all.

Sometimes cheats are useful when multiplayer content is locked because you have to play through single player first.

I guess smash bros would be a good recent example. Recently my friends and I bought smash bros 3ds and wanted to play online but some of our favourite characters were locked because we hadn't played 100 or so matches already. In that case I'd cheat just to unlock the characters that I'd have to wait for, for no reason.

Mario party is also a good example. Wanting to play some of the mini games when friends are over but no, they're all locked just because you have to play through the boards multiple times.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now a days cheats are getting replaced with "Pay to win", That's the reason i support cheats.
Once again we return to the age old question;

Why do you feel you're entitled to "product x" for free, when everyone else has to pay for "product x"?

I mean sure, there's plenty of reasons to be critical of microtransactions and so called "pay to win" schemes. But in almost all cases it's more a system of "pay to win faster".

Just because you don't have the money to "fill <relevant> meter", doesn't mean you're entitled to cheat and "fill <relevant> meter" for free.

Just keep the cheats away from Monster Hunter and ill be fine with it. Who cares about any other games.
People who play other games?

Aren't they say it coming soon since the 2.6 update ..
Yeah, but something more important came up, which I think we'd all agree was of a higher priority .

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As a big fan of Monster Hunter I agree. But I think it could be much worse for Pokemon (please no more level 100 shiny Arceuses) and Mario Kart and SSB.

How is it worse for Pokemon ?Who cares if he has a shiny Arceus ?If it passes the online check, then at the most he has max iv's and ev's, perma-mega evolutions suck, but still beatable, and I think Nintendo will add an additional check for perma-mega evolutions in the future.

Also, there is already a PKHeX which you can use to edit all the shines in the world.

amback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amback said:
Now a days cheats are getting replaced with "Pay to win", That's the reason i support cheats.​

Once again we return to the age old question;

Why do you feel you're entitled to "product x" for free, when everyone else has to pay for "product x"?

My answer to that question is I already bought it. You see, when you buy a game is now "YOUR GAME",
you can break it, resell it (If is physical) or in this case Modify it.

in my opinion when you buy something you can tinker it and that's why i feel entitle.

again this is my take on it, i understand where you are coming from but you need to look
at my side aswell.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean sure, there's plenty of reasons to be critical of microtransactions and so called "pay to win" schemes. But in almost all cases it's more a system of "pay to win faster".

Just because you don't have the money to "fill <relevant> meter", doesn't mean you're entitled to cheat and "fill <relevant> meter" for free.
Because the world needs a whole lot less of artificial scarcity.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it worse for Pokemon ?Who cares if he has a shiny Arceus ?If it passes the online check, then at the most he has max iv's and ev's, perma-mega evolutions suck, but still beatable, and I think Nintendo will add an additional check for perma-mega evolutions in the future.

Also, there is already a PKHeX which you can use to edit all the shines in the world.

Yeah. If you're battling someone online, then obviously it matters whether or not the Pokemon are legal, but no one should care whether or not they're actually legit. For those who don't know, a "legit" Pokemon is one that has not been hacked in any way. A "legal" Pokemon is simply one which can be obtained legitimately, no matter how unlikely, though that specific one may not have been. All legit Pokemon are legal, but not all legal Pokemon are legit. For example, let's say I find a shiny Pokemon and catch it. And as if my luck wasn't good enough already, it has 6 perfect IV's! Finding a shiny 6IV Pokemon in the wild is very unlikely (pretty sure the odds are 1 in 4,398,046,511,104 in generation VI, though there are other game mechanics like breeding that can make it more likely) but it can still be done. That Pokemon would not only be legal, but it would also be legit, as I caught it without any kind of hacking. However, let's say I didn't catch that Pokemon, but instead generated it using PKHeX. Even if all the data in my generated version is exactly the same as in the hypothetical Pokemon I mentioned before, it wouldn't be legit, even though it would be legal. Every Pokemon that is legit is also legal, and every Pokemon that is legal can (by definition) in some way be obtained legitimately, even if it's very unlikely.

Whether or not a Pokemon is legit only matters if the person using it prefers the satisfaction of using legit Pokemon. It doesn't affect anyone else. Whether or not a Pokemon is legal, on the other hand, actually does affect other players. Therefore, nobody should care whether or not another person's Pokemon are legit, unless you care about bragging rights.

Reactions: Margen67

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
amback said:
Now a days cheats are getting replaced with "Pay to win", That's the reason i support cheats.​

My answer to that question is I already bought it. You see, when you buy a game is now "YOUR GAME",
you can break it, resell it (If is physical) or in this case Modify it.

in my opinion when you buy something you can tinker it and that's why i feel entitle.

again this is my take on it, i understand where you are coming from but you need to look
at my side aswell.

Ya, but you need to see it from other side as well.. When you play online you are playing with all other players around the world. It is not only YOUR game, it is everyone else's game.
Wanna have infinite ammo, HP anything on a single player game is fine, however destroying the gaming community with cheats is a selfish act that should be stopped. Simple enough, just block 3dz from having cheat capabilities. That being said, some hackers/losers still will find a way to bypass them and share it out eventually.. :(

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

I hope Nintendo will put an instant online ban hammer for that device(including future pokemon games) when that check comes along. Let's see who will care by then.

amback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, but you need to see it from other side as well.. When you play online you are playing with all other players around the world. It is not only YOUR game, it is everyone else's game.
Wanna have infinite ammo, HP anything on a single player game is fine, however destroying the gaming community with cheats is a selfish act that should be stopped. Simple enough, just block 3dz from having cheat capabilities. That being said, some hackers/losers still will find a way to bypass them and share it out eventually.. :(

And I completely agree with what you said.
All am referring to is.

what would you like to see. somebody using cheats or somebody using pay to win?.
in the ideal world it would be neither but since that is not the case..... well that's another story.

now the benefit of cheat is that virtually anybody can use it, you could be rich or poor.
pay to win in the other hand, is like cheating but reserve for the rich.

Reactions: Nightwish

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hope Nintendo will put an instant online ban hammer for that device(including future pokemon games) when that check comes along. Let's see who will care by then.

Well...if they pass the online check that means the server recognizes them as legit pokemon, that means no ban hammer.

Personally, I never cared about shinies, just a differently colored spirte, woopty doo, big deal.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah. If you're battling someone online, then obviously it matters whether or not the Pokemon are legal, but no one should care whether or not they're actually legit. For those who don't know, a "legit" Pokemon is one that has not been hacked in any way. A "legal" Pokemon is simply one which can be obtained legitimately, no matter how unlikely, though that specific one may not have been. All legit Pokemon are legal, but not all legal Pokemon are legit. For example, let's say I find a shiny Pokemon and catch it. And as if my luck wasn't good enough already, it has 6 perfect IV's! Finding a shiny 6IV Pokemon in the wild is very unlikely (pretty sure the odds are 1 in 4,398,046,511,104 in generation VI, though there are other game mechanics like breeding that can make it more likely) but it can still be done. That Pokemon would not only be legal, but it would also be legit, as I caught it without any kind of hacking. However, let's say I didn't catch that Pokemon, but instead generated it using PKHeX. Even if all the data in my generated version is exactly the same as in the hypothetical Pokemon I mentioned before, it wouldn't be legit, even though it would be legal. Every Pokemon that is legit is also legal, and every Pokemon that is legal can (by definition) in some way be obtained legitimately, even if it's very unlikely.

Whether or not a Pokemon is legit only matters if the person using it prefers the satisfaction of using legit Pokemon. It doesn't affect anyone else. Whether or not a Pokemon is legal, on the other hand, actually does affect other players. Therefore, nobody should care whether or not another person's Pokemon are legit, unless you care about bragging rights.

That was a long way to defend it. I see it like this, if you're sad enough to need to generate a bullshit pokemon to cheat at a fake game online, (lets be honest it's hardly the olympics) then I pity you or anybody else that is sad enough they feel they have to do this. But that's just my opinion. I don't battle online as it's full of bullshit shinies which are hacked to fuck, if I can't trust people to use legitamitely obtained pokemon then why should I trust they're not cheating.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
And I completely agree with what you said.
All am referring to is.

what would you like to see. somebody using cheats or somebody using pay to win?.
in the ideal world it would be neither but since that is not the case..... well that's another story.

now the benefit of cheat is that virtually anybody can use it, you could be rich or poor.
pay to win in the other hand, is like cheating but reserve for the rich.

I don't like pay-to-win games too, so I hope no cheats will be added for those normal games at least. For those games that we need to do microtransaction, meh..

Well...if they pass the online check that means the server recognizes them as legit pokemon, that means no ban hammer.

Personally, I never cared about shinies, just a differently colored spirte, woopty doo, big deal.

It is like saying 'As long I can create counterfeit money that can pass through normal checking it should be allowed'.

Reactions: Zidapi

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you rather have a buggy, unstable, and incomplete cheat support, or a less buggy, more stable, and more complete one?
First one now, second one when it's ready, considering the other option is nothing now and the second one when it's ready.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It is like saying 'As long I can create counterfeit money that can pass through normal checking it should be allowed'.

Except that it's a game and I won't go to jail for doing that in-case I get caught, bad comparison, if you have lots of time on your hands then do what you do the legit way if you enjoy it, but if you truly enjoyed it, you wouldn't be crying here that someone used a shiny pokemon in a wi-fi battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mike Tysons come back the Krusty Boxer