Hacking Gateway cheat support coming? Is this something we knew about already?

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Make the cheats disable when the wireless switch is turned on.
No more "online cheating" problems.

But I want Cheat Support, for example for getting linkage-only or Streetpass-only features.

Reactions: Margen67

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to believe in yourself and beat games without any cheat, watch some hardcore videos about the game you want to use cheat, walkthroughs and see what good players can do without any cheat lol

When someone talk about cheat on 3DS I think about playing Mario Kart 7 Online, everybody using the Star all the time :s

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to believe in yourself and beat games without any cheat

I do not know why I found that so funny but I did.

Anyway restricting my cheats is a bit like region locking to me -- I may not use it often but damned if I don't want it. If a nerfed version does come out then I might even get over my apathy towards the 3ds and 3ds hacking to find myself shoulder deep in a disassembler.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know why I found that so funny but I did.

I think you might have found it funny for the same reason I did. You saw djalmafreestyler's avatar and subconsciously read what was said in Tai's voice. That line about believing in yourself over video games sounds like something Tai would say.

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To everyone who says that cheats are bad and ruin game experince:
Cheating is better that ragequiting.
No, it's not. Someone cheating can totally ruin your day. Without proper protection, your character in Dark Souls 1 could be totally ruined. Since the cheater could edit your character values once invading you, making your character completely worthless, or buffed. And it would never go away. Giving or taking away your levels and stats without your consent.

I wouldn't mind cheats coming, as long as they are offline. And yes, if someone edit their save and come online, whatever. They can't ruin my data.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, it's not. Someone cheating can totally ruin your day. Without proper protection, your character in Dark Souls 1 could be totally ruined. Since the cheater could edit your character values once invading you, making your character completely worthless, or buffed. And it would never go away. Giving or taking away your levels and stats without your consent.

I wouldn't mind cheats coming, as long as they are offline. And yes, if someone edit their save and come online, whatever. They can't ruin my data.
basically all he meant is he sucks at games so much that he rage quits a lot........so he needs to cheat to stop himself from rage quitting :P

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so many people are ingoring the possibility of cheats used to make games more funny, or to personalize them. really, cheats aren't only "infinite health and money". those are the easiest to create and the ones that make you bored the fastest with a game if used before finishing it at 100% legitimately.

heck, cheats can be bug patches too. Bond697 made a cheat for Pokemon White 2 and Black 2 [JPN] that fixed the bug for which the first egg generated during a game-session* had some characteristics that were always the same for that save, thus ruining RNG abuse of eggs for those two games.

*(I don't know if it's the right term, I mean "from when you enter the game to when you close it")

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I understand that others may like this feature so its fine but I hope it will require some extra module, like "file.cheats" on the SD so you can't be tempted to use them when a game will be hard if you never downloaded it.
Its easy to commit before a problem come up and if you have a little effort to make before "giving up".
But if its too easy to use it will be just too tempting to take the path of less resistance and in the end it ruins the fun, at least for me.
Unfortuntely not updating is not an option since sooner a later a new emunand will be necessary.
I can't remember any game beside GTA that made me have more fun with cheats than without them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: what did hirade and rez do?