Tools for Modding PSP

Eight_Hearts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to try my hand at modding psp games, mostly just to experiment replacing textures or music tracks. I can't find any tools so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
It would be better if you could tell us a game that you want to mod as there are a lot of different tools for different games...
Also keep in mind that not all games are possible to mod. Some of them even have a kind of protection (i think it was called LBA protection?) for that.

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I started modding PSP games, mainly to swap out textures and music, I found a few tools that really made a difference:
UMDGen: This tool is a game-changer for working with PSP game ISO files. It lets you pull out files from an ISO, or put new ones in, which is exactly what you need for changing textures or tunes.
PPSSPP: This one is mostly known as a PSP emulator, but it's a lifesaver for testing mods. You don't have to keep moving files to your PSP to see if your mod works. Plus, it has this cool feature where it can load textures from a folder on your computer, making texture mods a breeze.
CRI Packed File Maker: Some PSP games pack their files in a special way using CRI Middleware. This tool helps you open those packs, so you can change stuff inside, like textures or sound files.
Each of these tools played a crucial role in my modding adventures. They might seem a bit technical at first, but once you get the hang of it, they're pretty straightforward and incredibly powerful.

Reactions: Atabak and reha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto