Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
The funny thing is the delivery man is going to bring me the thing probably anytime now, and the hype is at the lowest level it has ever been, it went from Vegeta 9000 to the human farmer that Raditz kills at the beginning of the arc

Vloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is still no planning date for the gateway new3ds update?
I guess i m going to order a sky3ds tomorrow then, 'cause i need it for christmas... :/
(What a waste...)

Reactions: 2Hack

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really. The most hostile post I've ever seen on this whole thread came from him.

Just a reminder.
Well that is a little bit harsh but you have to acknowledge that your mood is a little bit gloomy, but as I said I understand some points that you made, if they were going to take this long they shouldn't just released the video and the announce in November, it was clearly aiming Christmas sales and its a bit of a cheap shot move but well they see this as a business, even if its true that they are offering a good support.

D

Deleted-188346

but as I said I understand some points that you made, if they were going to take this long they shouldn't just released the video and the announce in November, it was clearly aiming Christmas sales and it a bit of a cheap shot move but well they see this as a business, even if its true that they are offering a good support.
I agree, the video and announcement was a cheap shot in order to secure some Christmas sales. The video and announcement was premature (in my opinion).
As you already know, I disagree about the "good support". :P

Edited: To keep the discussion on topic. Fantastic, a great opportunity to keep on topic finally. Feels like it's been years since actual discussion happened here. The Age Of Hype has ended. Now for the Age Of Meaningful Discussion.

Reactions: Phantom_User

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
As if that is justification for raging that hard.

I agree, the video and announcement was a cheap shot in order to secure some Christmas sales. The video and announcement was premature (in my opinion).
As you already know, I disagree about the "good support". :P
Yeah I'm aware of your disagreement :lol: but they offered a good support for the 4.5 users. To us 9.x people is a different story. To be honest I´m slightly disappointed about their selling strategy, but at least they are not making us buy a new card out of nowhere

D

Deleted-188346

spring clean :P

so anyways, im pretty sure we will see it by Christmas, they released an update on 23rd last year.....so i presume they like to try aim for Christmas releases........*quietly confident*
I'm sure they're aiming for Christmas, but God knows whether they'll actually manage it. To prevent catastrophic disappointment, expect next year.

Yeah I'm aware of your disagreement :lol: but they offered a good support for the 4.5 users. To us 9.x people is a different story. To be honest I´m slightly disappointed about their selling strategy, but at least they are not making us buy a new card out of nowhere
I agree that they've had great support for the 4.5 users, there's no faulting Gateway there. They're also made the most progression out of all the flashcard teams. I also like that they aren't forcing a new card on us.

I might be negative about their communication and release dates, but don't get me wrong, I think they're a great team in general.

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
spring clean :P

so anyways, im pretty sure we will see it by Christmas, they released an update on 23rd last year.....so i presume they like to try aim for Christmas releases........*quietly confident*
Someone posted a message where they said don't expect it soon and at that moment the hype was slain

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm sure they're aiming for Christmas, but God knows whether they'll actually manage it. To prevent catastrophic disappointment, expect next year.
Someone posted a message where they said don't expect it soon and at that moment the hype was slain

yep we dont know for sure they will EVER release, but they did say 1 month was more than enough time......so under one month considerably....would take us to around christmas

hope for the best, expect the worst is what i always say :P....i have my legit games for my n3DS anyway and my 4.x console for gateway....so sorry guys butno going crazy in anticipation for me :P

D

Deleted-188346

yep we dont know for sure they will EVER release, but they did say 1 month was more than enough time......so under one month considerably....would take us to around christmas
They said this about 2 days ago roughly. A month from then would be the 14th of January. They said "a" month, not "this" month. It could release before Christmas, but it could also release next year.

Hopefully sooner than later, but with Gateway who knows.

Reactions: Phantom_User

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They said this about 2 days ago roughly. A month from then would be the 14th of January. They said "a" month, not "this" month. It could release before Christmas, but it could also release next year.

yeah but i would interpret "more than enough", as like double the expected time, but not ready to commit to a specific date....which as of 2 days ago would take us to very close (but just missing) christmas....now if they are rushing they may make it for christmas which would be really good, but at worst we are looking at like early January.....i would say up until Christmas passes i will be a bit optimistic, but if/once they miss it , the pressure will be kinda off them for hitting a specific date....which will suck :(

in the mean time doesnt everyone do christmas shopping and stuff anyway :P

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah that was I´ve been thinking a month, not within this month, and to top that, the sentence don't expect it anytime soon, its also truth that he mentioned directly sky3ds maybe the gateway guys got mad. I asked them a similar question and they reply me they were trying to release it around Christmas but they couldn't confirm it, I said to them that I dint want to buy to the competence the same that the guy said but more indirectly, I think they are getting tired of the messages and want us to back off a little.

Reactions: Deleted-188346
D

Deleted-188346

I think they are getting tired of the messages and want us to back off a little.
If they actually get "mad", then that's their fault. :ha: If people keep e-mailing, then it means that there isn't enough information about something. Getting mad at the community is counterproductive, their questions are a product of a lack of information.

Don't worry about the e-mails, Gateway can take it. Imagine all the e-mails they'd get which aren't posted here? A lot of them. That's why they'd have a dedicated PR person that handles e-mails/website announcements, etc.
yeah but i would interpret "more than enough", as like double the expected time, but not ready to commit to a specific date....which as of 2 days ago would take us to very close (but just missing) christmas....now if they are rushing they may make it for christmas which would be really good, but at worst we are looking at like early January.....i would say up until Christmas passes i will be a bit optimistic, but if/once they miss it , the pressure will be kinda off them for hitting a specific date....which will suck :(

in the mean time doesnt everyone do christmas shopping and stuff anyway :P
I'm prepared for the worst, but I also have a little hope that they just surprise us and release the update. Realistically, it'll probably be between 1-3 weeks, but there is a slim chance for tomorrow. :P

They're so unpredictable. They didn't even announce the emuNAND update. Just boom, there it is. So strange.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If they actually get "mad", then that's their fault. :ha: If people keep e-mailing, then it means that there isn't enough information about something. Getting mad at the community is counterproductive, their questions are a product of a lack of information.

Don't worry about the e-mails, Gateway can take it. Imagine all the e-mails they'd get which aren't posted here? A lot of them. That's why they'd have a dedicated PR person that handles e-mails/website announcements, etc.

I'm prepared for the worst, but I also have a little hope that they just surprise us and release the update. Realistically, it'll probably be between 1-3 weeks, but there is a slim chance for tomorrow. :P

They're so unpredictable. They didn't even announce the emuNAND update. Just boom, there it is. So strange.
yeah its a bit weird how they do things, im kinda used to it by now......there is a sort of pattern, major updates/releases get lotsa hype building and big delays between the announcment and the release, and smaller things like emunand updates etc are just like ....boom done

Reactions: Deleted-188346

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country

Thats true, and Ive actually read a post in a spanish forum of a guy that asked to a shop (they are not official sellers but they do sell gateway) and they replied that gateway tell to them that they were aiming for a 17 December release, not that I believe that but you just have remembered it to me

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
HAHAHAHA the HYPE IS REAL! :toot:

Thats true, and Ive actually read a post in a spanish forum of a guy that asked to a shop (they are not official sellers but they do sell gateway) and they replied that gateway tell to them that they were aiming for a 17 December release, not that I believe that but you just have remembered it to me
That made me smile :grog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4