Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not pointless. 9.2 users like me have homebrew access on 9.x sysnand while I'm voyaging on the hype train with everyone here ;3

Too bad I only have a US copy of Cubic Ninja so its completely useless on a JAP N3DS... its just sitting there just waiting to be used D:

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well if that's the case I guess that does make the retail cart pointless. Guess I'll just wait and see

Not pointless. 9.2 users like me have homebrew access on 9.x sysnand while I'm voyaging on the hype train with everyone here ;3

Exactly. Even after the update is released, you can use the retail cart to play homebrew with your 9.0-9.2 sysnand while keeping your emuNAND updated to the latest version.

You don't have to worry about maintaining two SD cards (one for 9.2 emuNAND with Cubic Ninja & one with latest emuNAND)

Edit:
Too bad I only have a US copy of Cubic Ninja so its completely useless on a JAP N3DS... its just sitting there just waiting to be used D:

I take that back. Yes, in your situation, having an out-of-region retail cart is completely pointless. :rofl2:

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would ordering a new 3ds still have 9.0 if I order from thursday? I'md rather my refund go through before I attempt to order another one

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would ordering a new 3ds still have 9.0 if I order from thursday? I'md rather my refund go through before I attempt to order another one

I make no guarantee, but depending on the place you order and whether you're getting a PAL or JAP console its highly likely unless firmware updates actually move down the supply chain fast enough.

I got an N3DS with 9.1 on it on Dec. 1 and that firmware was released way back in October, so maybe you'll be lucky ;)

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone who got to use Gateway on 4.5 answer something for me? Was it possible to play retail carts region free?

I have a pretty decent library of 3DS games, but I just bought a PAL n3DS. I'm trying to determine if there will be a method of playing my US carts on it, either when 9.2 support comes out or any time in the future.

I ask because I found mention of such a method here, however the thread was saying GW Omega was able to do this and so a patch was no longer necessary.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone who got to use Gateway on 4.5 answer something for me? Was it possible to play retail carts region free?

I have a pretty decent library of 3DS games, but I just bought a PAL n3DS. I'm trying to determine if there will be a method of playing my US carts on it, either when 9.2 support comes out or any time in the future.

I ask because I found mention of such a method here, however the thread was saying GW Omega was able to do this and so a patch was no longer necessary.
Yup. Look up Gateway's Classic Mode.

Reactions: ubergeek77

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all for options, either GW or sky. I've been pushing that for the longest, but there are those crying "stop the pirates" as if I don't know what each card does or something. Then there are those all about homebrew, but the HB just started blowing up so how is it possible that you were homebrewing before sky came out?

My statement stands, users have options, they need to research, they need to understand how it works and the risk, make the decision and roll with it. Peace out

-snip-

Gateway has supported homebrew even before Ninjhax was unveiled. That's how it's possible.

br*h

Edit: I was just thinking about how we can't take in-game screenshots freely (e.g. no out-of-region screenshots etc.) without a hardware capture setup. How great would it be if Gateway implemented a universal screenshot functionality in emuNAND? :wtf:

Reactions: Sonicx64 and 2Hack

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Throwing them around kinda felt like punching myself in the stomach, but it had to be done. We needed to unlock Hell, and he needed freinds there too.

My favorite always went to heaven though.

Omg now I'm getting flashbacks of them crying :(
anyone know if the saves were fixed to work with Dios mios? Last time I played it, I couldn't safe Chao data, and it kind of killed the game.
Do you use Nintendont?

Reactions: VinsCool

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do you use Nintendont?
I never really tried it. Was back in the early stages of gamecube backups on wii's. I used USB loader's/wiiflow's gc section, and before that, neogamma. And I dare not touch the vWii. Not while my warranty is intact.
I have my wii that has GCN ports, but I haven't used it in a while. Would need a new gc controller as well, but if it's fixed, I'm down.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
I never really tried it. Was back in the early stages of gamecube backups on wii's. I used USB loader's/wiiflow's gc section, and before that, neogamma. And I dare not touch the vWii. Not while my warranty is intact.
I have my wii that has GCN ports, but I haven't used it in a while. Would need a new gc controller as well, but if it's fixed, I'm down.

Nintendont does support bluetooth input AFAIK. HAVE FUN :grog:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendont does support bluetooth input AFAIK. HAVE FUN :grog:

Bluetooth, audiostreaming, usb, gamecube adapter for WiiU, over 90% game compatibility, widescreen and progressive patch, cheatcodes and many more :toot:

What are you saying? Pro controller is the only reasonable Bluetooth controller I have, and I don't want to install nintendon't on my vWii yet.
You should join the nintendont hype train :D

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's what dplaktos was suggesting I think. I'm just not too keen on messing with my 350$ Zelda WiiU :$

messing with vwii is safe as long as you don't do crazy shit on it ;)

short: install the homebrew channel and nintendont and you're all done :)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
There is never any hype which can be coped up with Gateway EVER bro.
I mean look at us! I was away for one night to replay gba version of fire emblem and we write about 25 pages which I just managed to catch up?
This train speaks for itself and nozhing can match it. Not Sonic or any other game/product. And if ever anyone doesnt put enough coal just to put the train on energy savin mode, there will be ppl like me and the driver to remove the throttle and drive with full speed!

Edit: and yes they don't like each other
I was wondering where you were. Take the wheel, I need to get up in 7-8 hours so sleep should happen but now I'm hyped about two things :D
messing with vwii is safe as long as you don't do crazy shit on it ;)

short: install the homebrew channel and nintendont and you're all done :)
Do I need to install any ciso's? Dios Mios? No way that it's just the channel.

Also I'm more worried of it crapping out on me and nintendo telling me off because I messed with it, then ruining the WiiU. I usually know what I'm doing when it comes to wii softmodding.

Reactions: Xenophy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Thx