Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Buyers were victims because the ten game limit is something Sky3DS established themselves. It never needed to be there for any plausible reason, despite what they'll tell you if you e-mail them.

I bought a 3DS game, and Nintendo only put one game on it, while they could have made it a multicart... they did this on purpose... I am now a victim.

The 10 limit was stupid and intentional, but you are not a victim because of it, because the limit was clearly stated, everyone knew. Now stop crying.

D

Deleted-188346

No they didn't. It was stated under "Sky3DS features"

It doesn't look like they were hiding it at all, or treating it like a fixable issue. It was in their feature list; thus, it was an clearly established limitation.

Are you saying that buyers are victims, because they didn't read the feature list to the end?

A quality response from a quality team.
I can't believe they managed to a find a "solution" to the 10 games limit (is this a feature, a bug, what...?) so soon.

The rest of the e-mail is just more ammunition against this piece of garbage team.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe they managed to a find a "solution" to the 10 games limit (is this a feature, a bug, what...?) so soon.

The rest of the e-mail is just more ammunition against this piece of garbage team.

They sound a bit childish...

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country

I can't believe they managed to a find a "solution" (is this a feature, a bug, or a hardware limitation?) to the 10 games limit so soon.

Their customer service team are rude, misguided and just plain unprofessional; they clearly don't understand what competition means, in the marketplace.

But what is your point!? The limit was clearly established on the front page, you could not have missed it.

The same thing was said by Gateway in the old days! "We will find a solution for the 'one game per microSD' limit sooner or later".
Oh, I can't believe they managed to support multiROM so soon! :wtf:

But that doesn't change the fact that buyers bought a product that they knew the limitations of beforehand, yet proceeded to bitch afterwards!

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This line of business is pretty shady, and Sky3DS kind of reinforces the stereotype. I think the worst Gateway may have said toward the competition might be "Until next time, ENJOY and as always support the innovators and not the imitators!", but even that is pretty tame compared to what Sky3DS has in their email.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Sarcasm isn't in your wheelhouse is it?

I like the part where they claim that Gateway is releasing a device that "you gotta pay for" that will downgrade all consoles.
Also, calling Gateway users "fanboys" was extremely professional.
Greetings bendrr! This is very good sarcasm, please take note. :teach:

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the part where they claim that Gateway is releasing a device that "you gotta pay for" that will downgrade all consoles.
Also, calling Gateway users "fanboys" was extremely professional.

Bit hypocritical I reckon. You have to pay for their product too.
Bashing another team/company is extremely professional.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Buyers were victims because the ten game limit is something Sky3DS established themselves. It never needed to be there for any plausible reason, despite what they'll tell you if you e-mail them.
tbh even though i do actually agree that sky3ds's scheme was pretty shady and greedy, also i dont like the fact they are trying to play this all of as something they aren't really pissed off about but its pretty obvious that someone bypassed their DRM would more than likely really piss them off, just makes me think they are trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes......but that being said, if you take that route, really the gateway card isnt "necessary" and it only truly exists to make sure you pay them for their hacks........i think the main thing that doesnt sit well with me is the fact the sky3ds team where and still are trying to play dumb, and the fact that the early adopters are pretty much left out in the cold with hacks for product made by someone else being passed off as sky3ds's "fix".....they never intended to fix it, but their hand was forced in the matter by people bypassing the limit themseleves

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted-188346

But what is your point!? The limit was clearly established on the front page, you could not have missed it.
The nature of the limitation was extremely hazy. Even SKY3DS seem confused about whether it is a feature or an issue. On the page, it's presented as a feature of the card. In their e-mails, an issue that can be resolved. In reality, a cheap neutering tactic in order to drum up more sales.

People were especially confused about whether it was a "10 games at one time" situation or a "10 game EVER" situation. I would argue that most people would assume the former. SKY3DS did not stress the latter.

The same thing was said by Gateway in the old days! "We will find a solution for the 'one game per microSD' limit sooner or later".
And they did, at no extra cost to consumers. It's almost as if that was a technical limitation rather than an intentional one.

But that doesn't change the fact that buyers bought a product that they knew the limitations of beforehand, yet proceeded to bitch afterwards!
They felt taken advantage of. But hey, it's 100% their fault, right.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
tbh even though i do actually agree that sky3ds's scheme was pretty shady and greedy, also i dont like the fact they are trying to play this all of as something they are really pissed off about, that someone bypassed their DRM just makes me think they are trying to pull the wool over their customers eyes......but that being said, if you take that route, really the gateway card isnt "necessary" and it only truly exists to make sure you pay them for their hacks........i think the main thing that doesnt sit well with me is the fact the sky3ds team where and still are trying to play dumb, and the fact that the early adopters are pretty much left out in the cold with hacks for product made by someone else being passed off as sky3ds's "fix".....they never intended to fix it, but their hand was forced in the matter by people bypassing the limit themseleves
That is undoubtedly true, Sky3DS's true intentions over the 10-game limit were most probably related to greed.

Their whole website as well as their e-mail responses are written in a form of Engrish that is better than MT-Card, but still bounds worse than Gateway, which makes it a little difficult to understand what they are trying to convey.

PagaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
pffft this gateway 9.2 update still not rlsd,
its really horrible idea to by GW card instead already working Sky3ds and sit wait like idiot,
gateway team not respect customers they only want my money (and already take it).

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
pffft this gateway 9.2 update still not rlsd,
its really horrible idea to by GW card instead already working Sky3ds and sit wait like idiot,
gateway team not respect customers they only want my money (and already take it).

Why would I be an idiot for waiting for a card/update that does more than SKY? It doesn't have the features I want. I don't care if I have to wait, as hard as it is to wait. I'm fine with it.

Reactions: dplaktos

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
The nature of the limitation was extremely hazy. Even SKY3DS seem confused about whether it is a feature or an issue. On the page, it's presented as a feature of the card. In their e-mails, an issue that can be resolved. In reality, a cheap neutering tactic in order to drum up more sales.
This is debatable. Accounting for the fact that their emails and website are not in Standard English, there is possible ambiguity. English is clearly not their first language, so their use of lexicon can't be taken to be a marker of their true intentions.

You could very well be right, but you cannot call them out on something like 'their intentions' that can't be proven.

People were especially confused about whether it was a "10 games at one time" situation or a "10 game EVER" situation. I would argue that most people would assume the former. SKY3DS did not stress the latter.

Here, have another look:

2a4xHNN.jpg

Read: it says "per Sky3DS card".
If people could be held liable due to what other people insinuated about them, everyone would be liable for anything.
Sky3DS were under no obligation to stress anything - everything is stated (albeit in semi-Engrish). The semi-Engrish obviously didn't help with understanding exactly what Sky3DS was meaning to convey, but everything is stated nonetheless.

And they did, at no extra cost to consumers. It's almost as if that was a technical limitation rather than an intentional one.
They did. Are we discussing cost here? It is an undeniable fact that Sky3DS are greedy. But that doesn't make them perpetrators.
And it being a technical limitation as opposed to an intentional one is irrelevant. It was expressed beautifully by TVL:

I bought a 3DS game, and Nintendo only put one game on it, while they could have made it a multicart... they did this on purpose... I am now a victim.

The 10 limit was stupid and intentional, but you are not a victim because of it, because the limit was clearly stated, everyone knew. Now stop crying.
It was stupid and intentional, but it was stated. Therefore, you are not a victim.

They felt taken advantage of. But hey, it's 100% their fault, right.
Buyer's remorse is a thing; it is absolutely 100% the buyer's fault. I feel the same way, thank you.

Reactions: TVL

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

We will find a solution for the 10 games limit sooner or later.
I guess it was sooner rather than later :P

Reactions: dplaktos

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Ya'll are talking about Sky3ds, but ye' know what matters?

That e-mail that someone posted what.. 2-3 pages ago?

Those further details, the support for FW below 9.x.

Anyone stopped to think their exploit could've been found in earlier FW's? Like.. I dunno.. The gamecard update to 8.1?!?

Despite me being the vanguard that explained 2-3 times what natively meant 2 weeks ago, it seems thats not the case. Rather, it was a more marketing move than anything else.

I'll just argue their english isn't very good. As they said in that e-mail: "Give a time" lol.

Also, no one scoffed or thought that Gateway never said their update was blocked in 9.3? They "analyzed" it. Recommended people not to update.

They NEVER downright said it was blocked. It was just our LOGICAL INTERPRETATION.

Despite their average english, they do wordplay a lot, and they deserve merit for that. I mean the whole forum is going bonkers lol.

Reactions: 2Hack and satel

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone stopped to think their exploit could've been found in earlier FW's? Like.. I dunno.. The gamecard update to 8.1?!.
Are you talking about Gateway's exploit? Yes, that is basically what Gateway said in their announcement; they will support 8.1 and/or other similar firmwares.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh huh. But I dont anyone ever thought about it that way. Just: oh GW announced support, yay :P
You're right; it's just a shortcoming in their English, no biggie :wink:

It looks like the forum is playing Chinese whispers, where some dude reads it wrong and reinforces that idea for the next ten or so, who then go on to spread misinformation or show heavy speculation as fact.

Reactions: Phantom_User
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2