• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think 65 euro is such a bad price. My first card for DS was about 40 and that wasn't one of the first ones.
I might buy one after I've read some user experiences. In a few months I'm on maternity leave and it would be nice to be able to try out some new games. :D I don't want to buy all those expensive games to find out that I don't really like them. Like Zelda Ocarina of Time. Not for me, that one.

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expected the first 3DS flashcard to be over $60 when crown3ds was rumored. So the price doesn't surprise me at all. Crown3DS couldn't play more than one 3DS rom at a time either.
This week resellers of the Gateway will get their invoice for the cards; or so a little birdy told me. The idea that you can "Update" firmware on this card would be amazing, that means later we could use software to fix problems with the card and not hardware..

I'd like to comment on what was posted before about the GBA carts; I have one of those GBA flashcards. Elink is the one I have. Works OK; can hold like 10 - 15 games. Cost me about $50 from China :P and had to wait 5 weeks for it. So; as technology gets older; it gets cheaper. This card will be $$$ now, but like it has been said before; Clones may be made and come out cheaper.

Just have to wait and see..

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
65€ is alot for this. I think i will wait for one of the other teams(acekard, supercard, etc...) to make one that can have more then one rom on it at a time.

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
If this device doesn't have Region Free and saved data working, what would be the point? lmfao, are we going back to them retro days where we have to leave the system on otherwise we will have to start from the beginning? Oh you guys know which game i am talking about ;) lol

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously why is their compliants?
No one is forcing us to buy these, or giving false promises of being miss-leading in every way.
It is a huge step forward from what we have currently be sitting at. Games (atleast in the PAL region) go for 40$ or above (40$ for a mainstream game would be cheap!) and i have put in so much money and I'm annoyed about that.

This will give us access to any games we want to try before we buy/clone or use. Download a rom, put it on your flashcard and enjoy the damn games, this is amazing and great. I will get one, why wouldn't you?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If this device doesn't have Region Free and saved data working, what would be the point? lmfao, are we going back to them retro days where we have to leave the system on otherwise we will have to start from the beginning? Oh you guys know which game i am talking about ;) lol

As you can see in the video... they do load a saved game from LM2. So saves do work. The question is how to backup them? R4i SaveDongle i guess...

IMHO you can't expect multigame menues or region free stuff before the 3ds is hacked.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Seriously why is their compliants?
No one is forcing us to buy these, or giving false promises of being miss-leading in every way.
It is a huge step forward from what we have currently be sitting at. Games (atleast in the PAL region) go for 40$ or above (40$ for a mainstream game would be cheap!) and i have put in so much money and I'm annoyed about that.

This will give us access to any games we want to try before we buy/clone or use. Download a rom, put it on your flashcard and enjoy the damn games, this is amazing and great. I will get one, why wouldn't you?

Chill man.
We're just stating our opinion about value.
We didn't blame Gateway for making this.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work with eShop titles (are there ROMs for such titles)? I actually hope not, don't want to see Ace Attorney 5 getting pirated.

No, No

This is a 1:1 copy of the rom chip flashed to an SD card plugged into a device that mimics the circuitry of an official cartridge. It's likely based on the current batch of bootleg cartridges out there. eShop games are all encrypted and linked to the system they are bought on. Those files most likely won't be able to be pirated until there is homebrew (because the homebrew games would need the same keys to appear in the menu)

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
No, No

This is a 1:1 copy of the rom chip flashed to an SD card plugged into a device that mimics the circuitry of an official cartridge. It's likely based on the current batch of bootleg cartridges out there. eShop games are all encrypted and linked to the system they are bought on. Those files most likely won't be able to be pirated until there is homebrew (because the homebrew games would need the same keys to appear in the menu)

If you have a JAP 3DS or they get region lock working then yes yes!
It think at least one of the two is likely.

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it was region free I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I just want to play SMT:Soul Hackers and SMT IV without having to wait forever... I'll still buy them, of course.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
$80 might be fine if you must pirate new games like RIGHT NOW, but if you wait a few months you'll get one for half the price with more features.

At $40 I might've bought a 3DS for it, with the hopes we'll soon get a region bypass cart. But at $80 I'll wait a bit longer

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They stated in an email that it works with the latest Firmware ;)

Do you have a copy of this email you can post or some type of proof? I would like t update my 3ds now before it comes out and they patch it in a later firmware as I am sure would a lot of people

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USA reseller site it's listed on already gives the cart 5/5 stars! lol amazing.
Hm no I'm the owner of that us site and i don't give the card 5 starts that's people that have left "reviews" when in reality is just comments. I actually will rather get something for myself better with time.

And I will make sure to contact each and every own of my customers giving detailed information of how this card works before I even charge them becaus do know how people are and I will do as much as I can to avoid problems even if it means losing sales. And trust me when I say I will contact one and each person. Also the quantity I would be getting would be limited too because I need to test the cart myself among the other team members.

Looking into getting cheap 3ds to test the carts...

Reactions: akaSM and Syphurith

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which game was that?!?!?! I was trying to remember today lol... And yes I hate the fact that you can't rlly do much with the save...

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a copy of this email you can post or some type of proof? I would like t update my 3ds now before it comes out and they patch it in a later firmware as I am sure would a lot of people

Here ya go, il numbered the conversation in the right roder ;)
bb34c5-1370356304.png

If ya wonder why i asked antoher time for the gamemanager, i did it cause they said "currently" in the FAQ ;) I like, that they arent lying about future features/dont promising antyhing until its working proper ;) Tho, that should clartify that it wrks with latest Update =)

(Rydian): "Fixed the link, the mobile/proxy service you're using edited the URL."

Reactions: Syphurith

PhillipDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Does it work with eShop titles (are there ROMs for such titles)? I actually hope not, don't want to see Ace Attorney 5 getting pirated.

No man. Only ROMS you download. There's no such thing as eShop ROMS, where did you get that from?

Here ya go, il numbered the conversation in the right roder ;)
bb34c5-1370356304.png

If ya wonder why i asked antoher time for the gamemanager, i did it cause they said "currently" in the FAQ ;) I like, that they arent lying about future features/dont promising antyhing until its working proper ;) Tho, that should clartify that it wrks with latest Update =)

Yup, no compromises, no promises. And that's how it should be, I think.

Reactions: stephysanrio

opal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope the whole eshop will be wide open to us soon like it is on the Wii. And all the eshop games will be playable from sdcard :D
(I am just dreaming :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?