Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preach it, brother! :P

Sorry, couldn't resist lol

I don't think there's anyone who wants one and isn't hoping that they add support for higher firmwares. Just pure speculation until they announce something though!

Im not, I just bought another 3ds so If they say 6.x support Ill probably die.

Reactions: digipokemaster

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, why is everyone bashing people who want higher FW support? It just shows that the smartest thing for Gateway to do is to make that possible. It's the BEST thing they can announce. So if they're going to save the best for last, it should better be 6.x support. The one thing I don't get is why some people are bashing others for just sharing with us they really want 6.x support.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, why is everyone bashing people who want higher FW support? It just shows that the smartest thing for Gateway to do is to make that possible. It's the BEST thing they can announce. So if they're going to save the best for last, it should better be 6.x support. The one thing I don't get is why some people are bashing others for just sharing with us they really want 6.x support.

Because it seems to be a difficult task perhaps? If it took about 2 years to find the exploit Gateway is using, it'll be hard to find another one in less than 6 months.

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because it seems to be a difficult task perhaps? If it took about 2 years to find the exploit Gateway is using, it'll be hard to find another one in less than 6 months.

Not only that, it'd be an exploit that the entire reverse engineering community has been unable to find (the same community that found what Gateway is using right now).

I doubt we'll see any post-FW4.5 support any time soon.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because people like bragging about having 4.5 3DSes while they use that fact to their advantage solely to ridicule those who updated without thinking. No one knows what exploits are going to be available, no one knows what the Gateway team is gonna do about those with 6.2 or below firmware, but the fact it's being ruled out by people who clearly have a crystal ball is just asinine. No one thought region free was possible, no one thought dumping the NAND was possible, if they can pull that off, who's to say they can't have 4.5 to 6.2 support? The whole "I have a 4.5 3DS while you don't" attitude is stupid. I agree with you, the whole bashing has got to stop. I could easily say, "At least I can play Pokemon X and Y and have access to the eShop and other online services while you don't", but why would I want to lower myself to their level? :creep:

Bashing someone for voicing their desire to have 6.x support is a dick move. B-)

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That FW upgrade would boost their income like no other upgrade would, so I think they're obviously working on it. Like you said it could take forever, but then again it might be happening just now. Since they're saying it's going to be really good, why couldn't it be 6.x support?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That FW upgrade would boost their income like no other upgrade would, so I think they're obviously working on it. Like you said it could take forever, but then again it might be happening just now. Since they're saying it's going to be really good, why couldn't it be 6.x support?

See, that's the feeling I'm getting too, if it is supported, more sales, more revenue, more support, etc. From a financial standpoint, it makes more sense. It's one thing for people to be realistic, it's another for people to be Debbie Downers.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are bashing those who talk about 6.x support because every other god damn post is about it. We get it, you want 6.x support. This thread developed 23 pages in just a few days, and a good portion of those 453 posts are saying the same thing.

That being said, I have two 3DSes, so ""I have a 4.5 3DS while you don't" and "At least I can play Pokemon X and Y and have access to the eShop and other online services while you don't"

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are bashing those who talk about 6.x support because every other god damn post is about it. We get it, you want 6.x support. This thread developed 23 pages in just a few days, and a good portion of those 453 posts are saying the same thing.

That being said, I have two 3DSes, so ""I have a 4.5 3DS while you don't" and "At least I can play Pokemon X and Y and have access to the eShop and other online services while you don't"

That's nice, I hope you enjoy both consoles then.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same, same. Normal 3DS on 6.3 and a 3DS XL on 4.5. I don't even go online or use the eShop to justify having both but I like having the option.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, you know, the majority of this topic is from the same small handful of people who keep moaning about having updated their consoles. Personally, I'd be interested in seeing multiple ROM support or something. Never really saw anything worthwhile online, so no need to use it.

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course anyone who has a perfectly fine 4.5 3DS wouldn't care for 6.x support. I would love it if they announced online support or multiple ROM support... Except for the fact that I can't use any of that stuff for one reason. A reason everyone got sick of hearing. I get it that if the same person keeps complaining about it, it could get annoying. But there are many more people with the same issue so you'll be hearing it no matter what. So just deal with it and hope for 6.x support too if you want other people to stop begging for it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont understand what this update is about even though i read it a few times:
1-) since the new update will have a Ui, what will that mean ( we can load multiple games, etc.....)

2-)I have no idea what nand is or what nand backup is. If I backup my nand, what does that mean I can do later on?

3-) Does this new update mean we dont have to go to nds profile everytime we want to run gateway?

4-)Is the save game issue fixed?

5-) we would be able to backup pokemon x y from original cartridge and play it correct?

thanks everyone!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really dont understand what this update is about even though i read it a few times:
1-) since the new update will have a Ui, what will that mean ( we can load multiple games, etc.....)

2-)I have no idea what nand is or what nand backup is. If I backup my nand, what does that mean I can do later on?

3-) Does this new update mean we dont have to go to nds profile everytime we want to run gateway?

4-)Is the save game issue fixed?

5-) we would be able to backup pokemon x y from original cartridge and play it correct?

thanks everyone!
Take in account that there's the part two missing in their information.

1. We don't know
2. It means you can back up the firmware (4.5 or whatever your 3DS is on). If you accidentally update and happen to have a friend that knows about electronics and also how Google works, he can restore your firmware.
3. Wrong
4. We don't know
5. Able to backup, but it's uncertain if it'll be playable with the next update.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware this -looks- like it's going to be a menu for the NDS Profile exploit (with the fact that the first option is to boot to Gateway mode). And it probably won't run Pokemon without an AP patch (along with MH4).
NAND backup would allow you to downgrade your 3DS to an older firmware with hardware modifications..but it seems kind of useless since anybody that can use it won't need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.