Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you so butthurt about people just sharing their opinion? When I see a post I find useless I just move on and stop thinking about it. You don't have to call people stupid for that.

I didn't mean the best thing they can announce is that they are working on it. The best thing they can announce is that they figured it out and it's already possible. They have already confirmed they are working on it but it requires work that could take forever, but then again it might happen any moment. Why don't you start thinking and try to understand that calling lots of people stupid in a post can be offensive.

I don't get "butthurt". I'm British-English, which means such phrases are normally associated with having been penetrated anally, obviously my post content would be rather different had that happened.

If you mean, "annoyed" or "irritated" then, yes, I am.

The point here is that there is just no need to post and it's common courtesy to not post stuff that isn't needed.

You're actually wrong, internet forum etiquette agrees with me on this. It's the neo-entitlment factor that you are displaying that is "the problem". A problem for everyone. See even now I'm somehow moving away from the point because you are so far off it.

Bottom line!...

Why are you even bothering to post what you want? It achieves nothing, you might as well just go outside your house and shout from the rooftops, people would ask you the same thing there..."Why are you doing this? It achieves nothing".

Would your answer be "because I can and it's my right".

That is not a reason why, that is simply saying that you can.

Do you do something because you "can"....

That my friend - is stupid.

Do you understand? The attitude you are taking is one of a child and not productive or advancing in any line of society apart from if you were possibly protesting against an institution 'en mass.

You are not, you are on an internet forum and please respect the reasonable wishes of those that come here for important information. I don't care what you had for dinner last night, I don't care where you come from and I don't care what you want, neither does Gatway developers.

...Likewise, I do exactly the same for you. It's the mature standard for communication. Don't hassle people needlessly.

Sheesh, this is basic stuff and will serve you well in life!

When you have an "opinion" to share, by all means, share it. What you are sharing is drivel.

What would be ideal is if a Gateway dev was able to get their hands on copies of X/Y that were sold early and have been working on bypassing its AP already. Chances are pretty slim, but could you imagine?

That would be ideal. Considering it's released WW at the same time, likely they will have a copy on hand to look at.

There's a good sprinkling of reports it's already on sale in some non-chain stores in a couple of European countries since a few days, Italy and Spain specifically.

If the AP in Monster Hunter is anything to go by then we shouldn't be in for too much of a concern. Hard to say either way, as it's a big release obviously so having proper AP in there is quite likely.

I think things will start to open up in the next 3 months or so. Gateway is still relatively unknown by most and is still at niche product level...things have a way to go for exposure and enough "evil" people to attempt to fix AP measures. Sure there's the top hackers but none of them are motivated due to potential moral implications...Going to be a while.

One things for sure, there's money at stake here, so it's not going to go the way of the PS3 where very little happened once it was opened up on a software non commercial level and no profit to be made, with the exception of some dongles offering a couple of extra bells and whistles.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flame flame... why?
is very simple.. if gateway found the way for 6.* fw, after 1second ALL WORLD know the news...

on 3dsbrew site (is about 1years that message are HERE):
"
Latest safe firmware
Latest safe firmware is 4.5.0-10, updating to 5.0.0-11 or later is not recommended!

Spot on.

What would appear as blindingly obvious to an adult - to a 14 year old boy who doesn't want to pay for video games...is simply an annoying thing they think will go away if they ask enough times.

Reactions: digipokemaster

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Spot on.

What would appear as blindingly obvious to an adult - to a 14 year old boy who doesn't want to pay for video games...is simply an annoying thing they think will go away if they ask enough times.

I'm 14 :<

I agree though, most people just aren't going to care about that.

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't get "butthurt". I'm British-English, which means such phrases are normally associated with having been penetrated anally, obviously my post content would be rather different had that happened.

If you mean, "annoyed" or "irritated" then, yes, I am.

Sorry, didn't realise I had to be more sophisticated for you. :rofl:
The point here is that there is just no need to post and it's common courtesy to not post stuff that isn't needed.

You're actually wrong, internet forum etiquette agrees with me on this. It's the neo-entitlment factor that you are displaying that is "the problem". A problem for everyone. See even now I'm somehow moving away from the point because you are so far off it.

Bottom line!...

Why are you even bothering to post what you want? It achieves nothing, you might as well just go outside your house and shout from the rooftops, people would ask you the same thing there..."Why are you doing this? It achieves nothing".

Would your answer be "because I can and it's my right".

That is not a reason why, that is simply saying that you can.

Do you do something because you "can"....

That my friend - is stupid.
I don't know. Why DO people share stuff online?
Do you understand? The attitude you are taking is one of a child and not productive or advancing in any line of society apart from if you were possibly protesting against an institution 'en mass.

You are not, you are on an internet forum and please respect the reasonable wishes of those that come here for important information. I don't care what you had for dinner last night, I don't care where you come from and I don't care what you want, neither does Gatway developers.

...Likewise, I do exactly the same for you. It's the mature standard for communication. Don't hassle people needlessly.

Sheesh, this is basic stuff and will serve you well in life!

When you have an "opinion" to share, by all means, share it. What you are sharing is drivel.
Look man. I was just standing up for people who kept getting bashed for sharing their thoughts. I'm very sorry if that sounds childish to you. I think you have much to learn about respect yourself. So stop trying to teach me stuff and move on man. This is going too off-topic and that's why I'm keeping it short. I'll try not to respond to further replies on this subject and I'm sure some people will start to say we should stop fighting over nonsense anyway.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, what does this have to do with anything again. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Sorry, didn't realise I had to be more sophisticated for you. :rofl:

I don't know. Why DO people share stuff online?

Look man. I was just standing up for people who kept getting bashed for sharing their thoughts. I'm very sorry if that sounds childish to you. I think you have much to learn about respect yourself.
So stop trying to teach me stuff and move on man. This is going too off-topic and that's why I'm keeping it short. I'll try not to respond to further replies on this subject and I'm sure some people will start to say we should stop fighting over nonsense anyway.

This. A thousand times this. QFMFT. Like a grudge, some people just bitterly hold on and will never let it go even if hell freezes over :creep:

Reactions: TheDreamLord

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:ha:

...So back to the conversation.

When's 6.x support coming....I can't wait. :wacko:

Seriously though, have any previous beta testers been contacted as of yet? Not bothered myself but maybe some people would like to know...although the sensible thinking person inside me says that's a silly question as someone will post here as soon as they are contacted.

/My attempt to move thread forward.

Reactions: d4mation

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:ha:

...So back to the conversation.

When's 6.x support coming....I can't wait. :wacko:

Seriously though, have any previous beta testers been contacted as of yet? Not bothered myself but maybe some people would like to know...although the sensible thinking person inside me says that's a silly question as someone will post here as soon as they are contacted.

/My attempt to move thread forward.

6.x support may very well never be possible. People need to start accepting this.

Yes, of course it is in gateway's best interest to try and find a solution, but if none exists... none exists.

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gotta love the people hoping to play Pokemon..

1) Firmware spoofing could fail
2) Might have save issues due to AP
3) YOU CANT GO ONLINE!
4) If you want to play with a legit retail copy you will be forced to update 3DS making gateway no longer work.
5) No cheating.. Well other than trading pokemon from Black/White with pokebank but they still have to be legit and can't hold items.

Going to be some disappointed people. Unless gateway manage to bypass any AP and solve any bugs and allow you to play online you won't get a good experience. The only other thing would be if they found a way to get gateway to work on the same firmware pokemon uses so you can use retail cart. The same goes for other new big titles out soon ;). If you can't play it online no point in playing IMO.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.x support may very well never be possible. People need o start accepting this.

Yes, of course it is in gateway's best interest to try and find a solution, but if none exists... none exists.

Again, there's no definitive proof of either happening yet, we have to wait.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Gateway team teases us with a "major evolution" of their card with the 2.0 update. Imo if that's the case, then the next update might/should be one of the following:

- 6.3 support (very unliklely)
- Menu ROM Loader (more likely!?)
- Homebrew Loader (the team announced this already)

Also there's MH4 cuurently not working. It might be a fix for this game, but I wouldn't call a game fix a "major evolution".

Anyway, can't wait :lol:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, there's no definitive proof of either happening yet, we have to wait.

I thought you were out of here?

What he was saying was that people need to accept the fact that it may not be possible, not that it isn't possible. Yes, we know that anything's possible, even however unlikely it is. That's why I'm an agnostic atheist. You show me proof that it can happen, and I'll concede, but the fact that the entry point or exploit itself or whatever has been blocked since 6.2 means that if it does happen, it will most likely take a really long time, and people thinking about it won't make it happen, no matter how many times you add sugar or a cherry on top.

Swift Wind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Gateway team teases us with a "major evolution" of their card with the 2.0 update. Imo if that's the case, then the next update might/should be one of the following:

- 6.3 support (very unliklely)
- Menu ROM Loader (more likely!?)
- Homebrew Loader (the team announced this already)

Actually some kind of rom selector menu is the only thing homewbrew
I'm interested in, as I've never seen any good games come out of
homebrew in my short history of handheld gaming.

I also own a PSP with CFW and all 'emulators' I tried sucked compared to
the real thing. (SNES Emulation on PSP was like 80% complete
and GBA emulation a mess)

On second thought a game cheating engine would be cool too...
just like the Datel Action Replay.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See this thread is a perfect example of why Gateway needs to hurry up and get v2.0 out.......

While there are a handful of people I like in the 3DS hacking forum a lot of you really bring little to the table in the way of real discussion. Sure I would love to see Gateway bring 5.x/6.x support....and I agree that financial motive wise that is the best thing they could do because obviously it would expand their potential sales market greatly...they know this and are certainly working on it but it may take a while and it may never happen, or it might not happen until a later firmware.....kernel expoits mroe than anything are 'errors' or 'oversites' by the firmware coding teams. So maybe 5.x/6.x is locked down but in the future Nintendo adds a feature (like Miiverse say) and someone that coded that enhancement made a booboo that QA didn't catch.....whamo new exploit.

I have a 4.5 unit but had to buy a second 3DS is August to be sure I would have one because my XL is already on 5.1....so yeah I would love to see them 'crack' newer firmware.

I think considering their language of 'evolution' and the fact they appear to be showing a GUI the safest bet is it's going to be Multi-Rom support from a menu that launches when you do the ds/profile step that initiates the 3DS launcher file. For me that will be just great...maybe they also find away around the 5.x zero byte file check AP thing MH4 is using, that would be nice too as other games coming out this month like Pokemon, Batman, Sonic may also use that cheasy AP scheme.

My guess is they will show us next week what the new 'evolutionairy feature' is and considering in the past their Beta test cycle have not taken too long we should have v2.0 soon thereafter. In the meantime just chill people....if you have the product their are so many good games to play it is crazy, including the recently dumped SMT4, SMT SH, Etrian Untold, and Rune Factory 4 which are all working. We are up to 442 dumped Roms now so quite a bit to enjoy. If you are on 4.5 what are you waiting for unless you have already purchased and played all these games....If you are beyond 4.5 then I feal for you but hang tight and keep the faith and hopefully we will see something promising soon.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...