Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, why is everyone bashing people who want higher FW support? It just shows that the smartest thing for Gateway to do is to make that possible. It's the BEST thing they can announce. So if they're going to save the best for last, it should better be 6.x support. The one thing I don't get is why some people are bashing others for just sharing with us they really want 6.x support.

Because the more intellectual of us want this forum reserved for technical discussion, or at least sensible theories and informed discussion.

Instead it's simply being reduced (more so than ever since Gateway was released) into some kind of pre-school wish list.

What's the point in some nobody posting their "wishlist". Obviously it goes without saying that the team behind Gateway will implement higher firmware like 6.x support if they can because it means they will sell more cartridges and make more money. You don't think that they are doing any of this out of the goodness of their heart do you?

And there lies the problem here, stupid people who don't have a clue about anything at all and just blurt out their stupid views on stuff that nobody cares about.

Nothing wrong with that if you have something new to add..."I want firmware 6.x support" is not "new"...it's ridiculous and the kind of thing a pre-pubescent child would post. Grow up and think before posting! (general statement)

edit - just to add, even your post reeks of it. I mean you're talking like it's as simple as "announcing" it. You do realize that there's more to doing something than announcing it right?

I can announce that I'm going to save the world from poverty tomorrow, it doesn't make it so. It takes work. Gateway are a business and not as stupid as the morons posting here so I hardly think people who are capable of hacking the 3DS who likely have the intellect of 1000+ fools here haven't actually thought that there could be more money in it for them if they are able to pull it off.

The fact that they haven't announced it is what you should be looking at, then you can start to think technical instead of coming across as a very ignorant standard internet moron.

Your path to enlightenment can being by not taking offense at this post and seeing it for what it's actually saying...T-H-I-N-K!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because the more intellectual of us want this forum reserved for technical discussion, or at least sensible theories and informed discussion.

Instead it's simply being reduced (more so than ever since Gateway was released) into some kind of pre-school wish list.

What's the point in some nobody posting their "wishlist". Obviously it goes without saying that the team behind Gateway will implement higher firmware like 6.x support if they can because it means they will sell more cartridges and make more money. You don't think that they are doing any of this out of the goodness of their heart do you?

And there lies the problem here, stupid people who don't have a clue about anything at all and just blurt out their stupid views on stuff that nobody cares about.

Nothing wrong with that if you have something new to add..."I want firmware 6.x support" is not "new"...it's ridiculous and the kind of thing a pre-pubescent child would post. Grow up and think before posting! (general statement)

Why are you so butthurt about people just sharing their opinion? When I see a post I find useless I just move on and stop thinking about it. You don't have to call people stupid for that.
edit - just to add, even your post reeks of it. I mean you're talking like it's as simple as "announcing" it. You do realize that there's more to doing something than announcing it right?

I can announce that I'm going to save the world from poverty tomorrow, it doesn't make it so. It takes work. Gateway are a business and not as stupid as the morons posting here so I hardly think people who are capable of hacking the 3DS who likely have the intellect of 1000+ fools here haven't actually thought that there could be more money in it for them if they are able to pull it off.

The fact that they haven't announced it is what you should be looking at, then you can start to think technical instead of coming across as a very ignorant standard internet moron.

Your path to enlightenment can being by not taking offense at this post and seeing it for what it's actually saying...T-H-I-N-K!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean the best thing they can announce is that they are working on it. The best thing they can announce is that they figured it out and it's already possible. They have already confirmed they are working on it but it requires work that could take forever, but then again it might happen any moment. Why don't you start thinking and try to understand that calling lots of people stupid in a post can be offensive.

Reactions: the_randomizer

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why are you so butthurt about people just sharing their opinion? When I see a post I find useless I just move on and stop thinking about it. You don't have to call people stupid for that.
Because we heard your "opinion" a thousand times over already. You're not on 4.5, we get it. Get over it. It doesn't add something new, it just annoys the people coming here for information, reading page after page after page of whiney complaints by entitled bitches who can't get over the fact that they hit update prematurely once.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't mean the best thing they can announce is that they are working on it. The best thing they can announce is that they figured it out and it's already possible. They have already confirmed they are working on it but it requires work that could take forever, but then again it might happen any moment. Why don't you start thinking and try to understand that calling lots of people stupid in a post can be offensive.

Because it's the internet and people think having such opinions makes them immune or exempt from the consequences and that since they're faceless, no one would dare get offended or take things personally. I agree with what you said wholeheartedly and what robo989 said can and will be taken the wrong way by some individuals. As for myself, I'm going to try and get my mind off of this thread as it has been reduced to nothing but a thread full of *ahem* well, never mind. I don't like it anymore than you do, the name-calling, the bickering, the constant bitching about people wanting to have a wishlist, it's their right and if people don't like hearing about their desire for 6.x, there is the "ignore" button that's just a click away :P ;)

It's sickening to have so many people rip other people apart for wanting to have a wishlist, or certain feature implemented for the Gateway. If they can pull of region free, NAND dumping and ROM dumping, they can certainly pull this off B-)

Because we heard your "opinion" a thousand times over already. You're not on 4.5, we get it. Get over it. It doesn't add something new, it just annoys the people coming here for information, reading page after page after page of whiney complaints by entitled bitches who can't get over the fact that they hit update prematurely once.
The "ignore" button would be useful in this case, would it not? Oh and you're bitching about people bitching. People have a right to post their opinions. Get over it. :creep: People complaining about people complaining, heh, as if that's going to stop people from posting.

Reactions: ßleck

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Aren't you being a hypocrite right now. It's not always the same person, there will always be others and you should just ignore it. But most people start complaining about a couple of other people complaining and that is way more annoying. So please people just deal with it and let's move on.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Because people like bragging about having 4.5 3DSes while they use that fact to their advantage solely to ridicule those who updated without thinking. No one knows what exploits are going to be available, no one knows what the Gateway team is gonna do about those with 6.2 or below firmware, but the fact it's being ruled out by people who clearly have a crystal ball is just asinine. No one thought region free was possible, no one thought dumping the NAND was possible, if they can pull that off, who's to say they can't have 4.5 to 6.2 support? The whole "I have a 4.5 3DS while you don't" attitude is stupid. I agree with you, the whole bashing has got to stop. I could easily say, "At least I can play Pokemon X and Y and have access to the eShop and other online services while you don't", but why would I want to lower myself to their level? :creep:

Bashing someone for voicing their desire to have 6.x support is a dick move. B-)

It was said ages ago though that 4.5 was exploitable. It said so on 3dbrew ages back, not saying you're wrong. I completely agree with you, just pointing it out.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was said ages ago though that 4.5 was exploitable. It said so on 3dbrew ages back, not saying you're wrong. I completely agree with you, just pointing it out.

Sorry, there was just too much craziness going on this thread that I lost track of what page it was on, etc lol :P It's more a matter of how long it takes and I too want to see what this announcement is B-)

Reactions: TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Sorry, there was just too much craziness going on this thread that I lost track of what page it was on, etc lol :P It's more a matter of how long it takes and I too want to see what this announcement is B-)

Ah true. I am thinking if it's the AP bypass or something related to playing games which need patches OR firmware, it'll be released when X and Y is released, alternatively just before then.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah true. I am thinking if it's the AP bypass or something related to playing games which need patches OR firmware, it'll be released when X and Y is released, alternatively just before then.

AP bypass would undoubtedly be one helluva awesome feature and would bolster sales a lot :P

Reactions: digipokemaster

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
AP bypass would undoubtedly be one helluva awesome feature and would bolster sales a lot :P

It would indeed! Hopefully I can play X and Y. Went to pre-order then realised "Hey! This will require a higher firmware!" So yeah. My sister can play it though. She's willing to update from 4.5 for it.

Reactions: digipokemaster

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be ideal is if a Gateway dev was able to get their hands on copies of X/Y that were sold early and have been working on bypassing its AP already. Chances are pretty slim, but could you imagine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently