Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp 22 pages official gateway forum 2 pages

That's because people here are impatient. Their site says "stay tuned." That could mean an hour, or a week. Who knows. Also, we don't know if the actual update will be released any time soon. For all we know, they could have part 2 on their site in a few hours, and have it say "ETA: Jan. '14."

Reactions: digipokemaster

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because people here are impatient. Their site says "stay tuned." That could mean an hour, or a week. Who knows. Also, we don't know if the actual update will be released any time soon. For all we know, they could have part 2 on their site in a few hours, and have it say "ETA: Jan. '14."

True I'm trying as best as I can to not be impatient but it hard. I guess it a habit I need to work on still.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The text accompanying the pictures doesn't mention game dumping. Maybe they didn't realize one of the pictures shows the game dumping functionality menu item and they are "saving" game dumping as the "surprise" for announcement 2 of 2, not realizing they are blew their load, so to speak.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The text accompanying the pictures doesn't mention game dumping. Maybe they didn't realize one of the pictures shows the game dumping functionality menu item and they are "saving" game dumping as the "surprise" for announcement 2 of 2, not realizing they are blew their load, so to speak.

Yeah well I don't think they're that stupid, also I bet part 2 will reveal various features just as part 1 revealed multiple features...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

"Backup 3DS game cartridge" is the same as dump your own rom. It is shown as 2nd option from the bottom.
110627-GW_main.png

As for backing up your own save; there are already tools like the R4 dongle and the NDS adaptor plus that can dump your save, you still have to rename the save file to use it with the gateway flashcart. Aside from the dumping NAND, there needs to be a "Restore NAND" if there isn't already one.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"Backup 3DS game cartridge" is the same as dump your own rom. It is shown as 2nd option from the bottom.

As for backing up your own save; there are already tools like the R4 dongle and the NDS adaptor plus that can dump your save, you still have to rename the save file to use it with the gateway flashcart. Aside from the dumping NAND, there needs to be a "Restore NAND" if there isn't already one.

He's saying that if you read the text alone, ROM backup is never mentioned:

GATEWAY 3DS 2.0 SNEAK PEAK 1 OF 2

02/10/2013
Sorry about the wait since last update. We are working hard on making Gateway better and better with every built. And the next one will be a major evolution.
As a quick preview here are some snapshots of what we have been working on to keep you waiting while we finalize this update.
Finally some visual feedback !!
Console NAND back up !
On screen diagnostics :-)
There is more to come, we are saving the best for last. So stay tuned for part 2 before the finale release 2.0
And thanks to all for your support!

But I hope they're not that stupid, also, it was a beta firmware so probably the other features left are not present in the shown version.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm happy that you can order it from NDSCARDS :D But..80$ is to much :( will the price drop? :/
can't see it any time soon, why would you drop the price of an item when it is the only one of it's kind at this time. only if clones or similar cards get released can i see a price drop.................sudeki300

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I don't think writing the entire NAND is that easy considering parts of it might be running.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has been said countless times. But I really hope gateway releases 6.x support. I want everyone to experience the gateway and not have to shell out money for another 3ds.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there's anyone who wants one and isn't hoping that they add support for higher firmwares. Just pure speculation until they announce something though!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's anyone who wants one and isn't hoping that they add support for higher firmwares. Just pure speculation until they announce something though!

Still on the edge of my seat, anticipating just what the next big announcement's gonna beB-)

Reactions: digipokemaster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...