Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed the US dropped 2 nukes on Japan but it was Russia that they feared and Russia ultimately won the war in the Pacific. Likewise if you squash out all the R4 and such manufacturing in China, they'll just move it all to Russia. I can guarantee you on that.

Or South America.....there are plenty of 'havens' in the world were 'Western' copyright and patent laws are not only disregarded but downright loathed. Just turns out China has the cheap electronics manufacturing capabilities and then excellent westernized outposts like HK to do business thru.....ideal really....

Funny thing about retrobution.....is after $ony went after GeoHot.....they got majorly screwed with anonymous taking down PSN for the better part of a month...I heard the figures on that and it cost them considerable lost income as well as losing face with their customers....and it really hurt indie digital publishers who depend on their launch windows and such....so in the end what PS3 like everything had single digit % of piracy against a 70mil user base and caused all this self inflicted harm trying to be bad asses....hopefully they learned their lesson...Then I think M$ really over reached pre-E3 with the xbone policies and the consumer backlash made them change course in a hurry.....although I believe they will still push DRM and other strong arm tactics on xbone eventually....which is why I am staying away from it and just going WiiU and PS4 this generation when I currently own 3 X360 and had the first Xbox as well. Hell they are both going to get all the same multiplats and M$ exclusives have been lame when compared to $ony and Nintendo.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indeed the US dropped 2 nukes on Japan but it was Russia that they feared and Russia ultimately won the war in the Pacific. Likewise if you squash out all the R4 and such manufacturing in China, they'll just move it all to Russia. I can guarantee you on that.

Why Russia rather than somewhere with much cheaper labour... Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, etc...?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Or South America.....there are plenty of 'havens' in the world were 'Western' copyright and patent laws are not only disregarded but downright loathed. Just turns out China has the cheap electronics manufacturing capabilities and then excellent westernized outposts like HK to do business thru.....ideal really....

Even in Guatemala, they sell bootleg clothes, lol.

Anyways, as you said, I don't think any third world country outside of Asia would have success with bootleg electronics.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am happy to know about it, I cant wait to see the day that they will make menu which supports multi rom in a single card like A.K.A.I.O do and an option to play videos, not only 5 minutes videos but I am talking about real deal like moonshell do, but thi time videos with MKV and MP4, with a nice quality.

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He has Tourette's. That is his tic:

Accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated, accidentally updated.

He can't help it.

Not funny... I have people in my family with tourette's... I wouldn't compare the frustration radomizer is feeling with a tourette's tick. That's just incensitive and shows some ignorance in relation to learning disabilities. As a College teacher, I am quite sick and tired of people making fun of other people with disabilities or using them as pillar's for their "jokes." I realize that you were probably not malicious in your joke so no offence to you. You just hit a nerve in me.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder what ETA on v2.0 is! is anyone else refreshing their website haha

multirom support will need another few 64gb microsds too

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder what ETA on v2.0 is! is anyone else refreshing their website haha

multirom support will need another few 64gb microsds too

They will most likely post part 2 with the next 2 days, tommorow most likely. Then they will announce beta testers get to test (Devin and co.) and then they will release to public about this time next week at the earliest, and 2 weeks at the latest.

Reactions: hashcheck1

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy to know about it, I cant wait to see the day that they will make menu which supports multi rom in a single card like A.K.A.I.O do and an option to play videos, not only 5 minutes videos but I am talking about real deal like moonshell do, but thi time videos with MKV and MP4, with a nice quality.

Given the 3DS architecture and hoarsepower I doubt you are ever going to get anything too exteme in a video player....you won't get .mkv and you might get non-hd mp4 but a more likely target would be SD resolution avi/divx playback which wouldn't be all bad. What I think would be cool is if someone made a tool to rip a 3D supporting BlueRay movie down to something you could play on the 3DS using its 3D funciton.....I have been really suprised that Nintendo hasn't hooked up with some form of streaming service that could stream 3D movies to the 3DS. Early on they put out some 3D movie promos on eShop and they looked fabulous....given all the media on IOS and Vita I thought this could have really been an attractive feature for the 3DS to have 3D movies in the palm of your hand without the need for glasses.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what? Any game is released anyway on the net

There are a lot of undumped games still. Then you have games like SMT4 which took months to show up. Presumably more games will show up, games will show up faster, and a higher chance of early leaks?
Non-pirates also have a reason to buy it now, since they can dump their own games.

Reactions: dot7z

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Useless. For what? A gateway-User isn't so stupid to update anyway

:rolleyes:

Well that is a negative attitude....:wink:

Honestly though dumps have not been happening at light speed so it will be nice for more people to have the capability....also because game save encryption is tied to the cartridge ID it should make it possible to dump your game save and rom and then put them on gateway together which for me and others that invested time in a reatail cartridge would be super handy.

The NAND dump could be very useful, especially if someone comes out with a descrete or easy to use flasher kit.....plus it may aid in getting more people invloved in decrypting and documenting the 3DS firmware which could lead to a true CFW.

If your interest is purely piracy (and I don't mind that) then this stuff won't mean much to you but to those that like to tinker or hack these features could be very useful and help advance progress in the scene.

Reactions: hashcheck1

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How do you suppose those games got dumped until now? Very few people have custom made dumpers, that's why it took so long for SMT4 to be released. When everybody can dump his own cartridges we'll be getting new games a lot faster now.

EDIT:
Hooray for slow answering...

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Useless. For what? A gateway-User isn't so stupid to update anyway

1. You'd be surprised. I would have ran into a situation that would have been perfect with this NAND reader. (My new 3DS XL that I use with my GW3DS was having some issues and I couldn't return it to the store because the 20 day return policy was past. My only option was to return it to Nintendo but they probably would have updated it to 6.3. Yeah I could have opened up the 3DS to install a NAND dumper but that'd void the warranty. With the NAND dumper out I could have dumped the NAND via software, sent it into Nintendo to be fixed, install a NAND reader when it got back, and bam. 3DS works great and is still on an exploitable firmware.

2. A diagnostics program is very useful. It tells the user what the issue is with the GW3DS. Whether it be the rom, GW3DS hardware, or Micro SD Card.

3. While most things are uploaded to the internet we have to wait for them to be. SMT IV was just recently uploaded and thats been out forever. Now we'll see a lot more P2P releases surfacing faster than scene releases. That and a lot of people just feel like they need to dump their own media in order for it to be a "backup".

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You'd be surprised. I would have ran into a situation that would have been perfect with this NAND reader. (My new 3DS XL that I use with my GW3DS was having some issues and I couldn't return it to the store because the 20 day return policy was past. My only option was to return it to Nintendo but they probably would have updated it to 6.3. Yeah I could have opened up the 3DS to install a NAND dumper but that'd void the warranty. With the NAND dumper out I could have dumped the NAND via software, sent it into Nintendo to be fixed, install a NAND reader when it got back, and bam. 3DS works great and is still on an exploitable firmware.

2. A diagnostics program is very useful. It tells the user what the issue is with the GW3DS. Whether it be the rom, GW3DS hardware, or Micro SD Card.

3. While most things are uploaded to the internet we have to wait for them to be. SMT IV was just recently uploaded and thats been out forever. Now we'll see a lot more P2P releases surfacing faster than scene releases. That and a lot of people just feel like they need to dump their own media in order for it to be a "backup".

Hey and the other SMT Devil Summoner game just got dumped today and it has been out since like April......more people able to dump is never a bad thing and like I said I hope the support save game dumping so I can dumpt my 'entire' cartridge and move the experience on to gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.