Hacking Gateway 3DS "Firmware spoofing" and "multi-region"

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.. They just showed a video playing on a 5.1 game... This is proof they can make it work on 5.1 already. You just need to wait for them to release the update allowing us to play on 5.1 too. I'm sure it won't take too long.

Umm...It's a "firm spoof" (according to the video name)....which means firmware spoof; they're not actually on 5.1

MichaelCann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm.. They just showed a video playing on a 5.1 game... This is proof they can make it work on 5.1 already. You just need to wait for them to release the update allowing us to play on 5.1 too. I'm sure it won't take too long.

Well fuck. I'm updated all the way to 6.2.0-12...Looks I won't be getting the flashcart for some time.

Knoedel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope u guys know what spoofing means?!
Of course you have to be on fw 4.5 but all the games that require a higher firmware are still playable.
I preorder my gateway tomorrow, amazing work!

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Excellent.

Is just a matter of time when someone can reverse engineer their work and create a SD based hack. Loading games from the SD, might require a flashcart to still hack it. If not, I will have to purchase one. It's not too bad now.

Reactions: The Suspect

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i can say is wow.. I am very impressed with their work. The only thing it needs now is a ui and homebrew support. Congrats gateway :lol:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, hopefully there work on a muti-rom loading UI, then it a perfeat flashcard + I hope pokemon works on it. Still worried that if I buy one, a free solution will be available and it will become a paper weight (just like the dongle's for ps3).

Also I wonder if this will make nintendo make the 3ds finally region free with a firmware update.

Also I can download any region roms now :)
Even if Pokemon works, online most likely won't (as it doesn't work right now), which gets rid of a huge part of the game. Even if you don't do competitive battling, there's still trading, events, Dream World, etc.

I was thinking about it, and it looks like I won't need to buy/rent/borrow a 4.5 firmware game in order to patch to 4.5 (I'm on 4.2 or 4.3). Gateway, I love you~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up