Hacking Gateway 3ds™ caused brick on my 3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably read again. It's confirmed by well known scene devs that the brick is caused by malicious code put into the launcher.dat by gateway to brick clone users' consoles. But unfortunately the code also bricks legit gateway users.

that being true about the code doesn't rule out that the date and/or time on the 3ds being wrong couldn't also trigger the brick as it might look at the launcher.dat with a different date as a modified file all possibilities can be taken into consideration.

Reactions: Euwlo

Euwlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should probably read again. It's confirmed by well known scene devs that the brick is caused by malicious code put into the launcher.dat by gateway to brick clone users' consoles. But unfortunately the code also bricks legit gateway users.

I know all that, BUT nothing was said on how why it breaks (put the nand size, or whatever, to 0 is what it does, but not how why it is triggered) and probably there are many triggers and could one of them causing the bricks on real GW users... But I would love if they remove EVERY F**** brick code line!

Reactions: crazyace2011

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
free gamus!!!
free brickus!
brick_texture___9_by_agf81-d3a20h2.jpg

loco365

Trophies
XP
Pay 100 dollars for each game, 300 dollars for a 3ds, live in a country with 198 million of people, and you'll understand lol

I can kinda relate, even though I live in Canada. My paychecks rarely hit $500 (Yay for working retail), then I'm giving $200 away for rent, plus another $150 for school savings, plus $35 to keep my phone going, plus other amounts for food, and games become expensive, even if they're only $40. Because $40 can buy a whole lot of food.

Reactions: UltraMew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i use firefox+ublock