Not open for further replies.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how... I don't know why... but on my Nephew's 3ds which when I gave it to him was on 4.4 (he accidentally took another cousin's Pokemon X and updated using that card... I was pissed) anyway with the great news I figured "hey i'll fix it for you, give me a sec" and I've tried over and over with the exploit... No Dice.

Basically the only way I could get it to run was by running the 4.x exploit because going through DS profile doesn't work, but for some reason the 4.5 exploit is the only one that works for his now 8.1.0-9U 3ds console.

Any reasons? is this going to cause an issue if I try to downgrade?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you unlinked them, you can only access sysnand data management. And if it has the same error, There should be no problem (At your own risk)
Refer here:
http://imgur.com/a/6KHUW

Successfully deleted the corrupted update data from data management... and it now wants me to download new update data, since it could not be found. After being presented with some info about credit cards and clicking continue, it appears to try signing in with my NNID and then I get error 022-2634: "An error has occurred, please try again later." Same error when I try to access eShop and Miiverse. My suspicions are slowly being confirmed that it's something wrong with my NNID.

EDIT: I guess it's an issue that I didn't enter my NNID/make sure I had eShop access on emuNAND before I downgraded. Restoring to my 9.2 sysNAND backup, entering NNID info, then re-downgrading to see if that fixes things.

EDIT: It did.

Reactions: MrJason005

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about GW. Will my retail carts that require firmware greater than 4.5 run on emunand?
Like, if I'm running emunand and remove the gateway card and insert my retail cart, will it work?
I ask because I have about 13 retail 3ds games and wouldn't like to loose my progress in them.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to launch the exploit at all.
I have the launcher.dat on my SD card. I have cleared the cookies/history and I keep going to the gateway exploit url.
I've been following a guide up to this point and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The browser just keeps quitting and saying "An error as occurred."

Any help, guys?

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about GW. Will my retail carts that require firmware greater than 4.5 run on emunand?
Like, if I'm running emunand and remove the gateway card and insert my retail cart, will it work?
I ask because I have about 13 retail 3ds games and wouldn't like to loose my progress in them.

emuNAND has two modes, classic mode and gateway mode. Classic mode will run retail carts, but can't run the Gateway cart. Gateway mode can run Gateway cart, but not retail carts. You can choose which you want when launching emuNAND.

Reactions: arapozo

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuNAND has two modes, classic mode and gateway mode. Classic mode will run retail carts, but can't run the Gateway cart. Gateway mode can run Gateway cart, but not retail carts. You can choose which you want when launching emuNAND.

Ok so when i'm in GW mode and i check the settings and it says Gw 9.2.... Then i cud update to access eshop right?

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok so when i'm in GW mode and i check the settings and it says Gw 9.2.... Then i cud update to access eshop right?
You could, but make sure you never select exit after going into settings, cause it will COMPLETELY remove the exploit. If you must, update through the settings, then after that, re do the exploit.

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could, but make sure you never select exit after going into settings, cause it will COMPLETELY remove the exploit. If you must, update through the settings, then after that, re do the exploit.

Ok so it just does a normal update through settings? So how do i go back to 9.2 then?

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok so it just does a normal update through settings? So how do i go back to 9.2 then?
Ok, so after you install the update on ur emuNAND, the system will reboot and bring you back to ur sysNAND. As such, whenever you 'd wish to go back to sysNAND, restart your 3DS, and everytime you wish to use gateway mode, activate the exploit.

Reactions: Sultangt and Kirit0

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if one was to have issues with a ..cia file is there a way to "uninstall it?"

Fantasy life (gets error message now at start)

and Dream Team (icon is gone but can't install it again cause it says its already installed)

both games previously worked

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if one was to have issues with a ..cia file is there a way to "uninstall it?"

Fantasy life (gets error message now at start)

and Dream Team (icon is gone but can't install it again cause it says its already installed)

both games previously worked

Just press X inside dev menu when you are on the cia you want to uninstall

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, wait, if our system nags for an update we HAVE to format? Ah jeez... I don't want to lose all my games and saves...

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
To all JPN N3DS owners, a simple question:

Are you able to open the Browser?

On my JPN N3DS with stock 8.1.0-0J, I can not.

When I try to open the Browser, I get the message:
この機能を使うにはインターネットを使って本体更新を行う必要があります。 本体設定を起動して本体更新を行いますか?

Which in a nutshell says "To use this utility you must perform a system update. Update now?"

So please try to open the Browser on your JPN N3DS and report:
- if success or fail
- firmware version

Thank you very much.

Even though N3DS is currently not supported, does anyone have a N3DS and got a JP game with 8.1 on it and tried accessing the browser after updating? Not got any JP carts to try and see if it allows an update to 8.1 even if 8.1 is already installed?

Known Bugs:
- Launch consoles that have never been online cannot access the Web Browser. Use a game cart with 8.1 to update your system and this should be resolved

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Everyday i go on this thread waiting for someone to downgrade a 2ds. The wait is on!

We wont know until GW disclose this or not. Same applies to me owning a N3DS, as both 2DS and N3DS shipped with post 4.xx and have different hardware changes, so it may not be possible to downgrade them.

Just have to see when GW release the Ultra final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @AdenTheThird I dont know anyone else that has seen Greasy Strangler. haha. Cheers!