Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you should system format to remove the update nag, and it will also unlink your emuNAND and sysNAND, which will mean you also don't need to worry about the unwrapping bug :) Just make sure to eject your SD before formatting. b

You can only play your legit eshop games from emuNAND. Only downside.
Ah, ejecting is a new one to me. Older posts just say to delete the new 3DS folder and copy back your old one. Is the method I wrote before wrong now?

And so my NNID will stay on the emunand?Just wanna make sure :)

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Emailed them about the exploit unreliability, 9.x save encryption, and possible AGB_FIRM and DS mode support. Got this back.

2NHZsco.png

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, ejecting is a new one to me. Older posts just say to delete the new 3DS folder and copy back your old one. Is the method I wrote before wrong now?

And so my NNID will stay on the emunand?Just wanna make sure :)
It is wrong. When you format, our sneaky friends at Nintendo format your SD card, meaning you lose your emuNAND partition(if you recall it, emuNAND takes up ~1GB of your SD card, and it's in a partition that is not noticed by your computer) so when you format, you will lose emuNAND.

Them method you explained doesn't really make sense to me, because it wont be recognized by your 3DS. I can go into further detail if you want :)

What happens if I format my emunand in the system settings? Just curious

You format emuNAND. not much else.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is wrong. When you format, our sneaky friends at Nintendo format your SD card, meaning you lose your emuNAND partition(if you recall it, emuNAND takes up ~1GB of your SD card, and it's in a partition that is not noticed by your computer) so when you format, you will lose emuNAND.

Them method you explained doesn't really make sense to me, because it wont be recognized by your 3DS. I can go into further detail if you want :)

You format emuNAND. not much else.
Yes, more info would be nice. Some of this is different from what I have read before.

So ejecting the SD card lets me keep the emunand partition, yes? What happens to the system itself (firmware, settings, etc.), and what will happen when the SD card is placed back afterwards? There is no need to backup the SD card?

Kei00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm a bit confused... So old GW users (4.1-4.5) can still use the profile exploit instead the browser one, right? Thanks.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, more info would be nice. Some of this is different from what I have read before.

So ejecting the SD card lets me keep the emunand partition, yes? What happens to the system itself (firmware, settings, etc.), and what will happen when the SD card is placed back afterwards? There is no need to backup the SD card?
Ok, so how the 3ds works, is when you purchase a game it installs shortcuts to the home menu, on the sysNAND, and routes them to the game on the SD card. The issue when you format, is that it deletes to shortcuts, with no way for you to re add them without re downloading. So if you pop an sd card, thsts why you don't get the games.

So when you copy your files to your SD after formatting, it will never recognize, and your data will be lost. If you keep your SD in, it will also be formatted, therfore destroying your emuNAND. So what would be the point? You will be back at square one with no emuNAND.

Question 2: So ejecting the SD card lets me keep the emunand partition, yes? What happens to the system itself (firmware, settings, etc.), and what will happen when the SD card is placed back afterwards? There is no need to backup the SD card?

When you made your emuNAND, it made a 1:1 copy of your sysNAND. After this, they are now separate entities. Altering one, will not alter the other. That's why if you create a folder in emuNAND, it won't be present in sysNAND. When you format one of the two, it will not format the other. That's why you can update emunand without updating sysNAND.

when you place it in once again, it will only display what it has a shortcut of. So it will essentially won't share any of the games or w/e. If you want to access the stuff, you must go to emuNAND.

When you format, you do need an internet connection, but don't worry, they won't update your console. it scares everyone, but just rest assured, you will remain on 9.2 or w/e fw you were on.

Darn, I should write a tut for this stuff or sth.

Reactions: Celice

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not having to use the browser exploit sounded good to me, so I considered downgrading my 3DS XL 9.2.0-20E to 4.5. Then I read this (from SonyUSA's guide):

"Disadvantages:
- If you play any retail cartridges (roms and .cia do not have this problem) on a newer firmware, downgrading to 4.x will make them unreadable. In other words YOU WILL LOSE YOUR RETAIL SAVE GAMES. Currently there is no way to back them up and make them work on Sysnand 4.x -- even if you go into Emunand 9.x they still will not read and will show corrupted in game."

So when I boot EmuNAND Classic GW3D 9.4.0-20E I can't keep saves of my not digitally downloaded retail games...? Let's say I played my original Pokémon Y cartridge on SysNAND 9.2.0-20E before. That save will be unreadable forever after downgrading?

Zeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not having to use the browser exploit sounded good to me, so I considered downgrading my 3DS XL 9.2.0-20E to 4.5. Then I read this (from SonyUSA's guide):

"Disadvantages:
- If you play any retail cartridges (roms and .cia do not have this problem) on a newer firmware, downgrading to 4.x will make them unreadable. In other words YOU WILL LOSE YOUR RETAIL SAVE GAMES. Currently there is no way to back them up and make them work on Sysnand 4.x -- even if you go into Emunand 9.x they still will not read and will show corrupted in game."

So when I boot EmuNAND Classic GW3D 9.4.0-20E I can't keep saves of my not digitally downloaded retail games...? Let's say I played my original Pokémon Y cartridge on SysNAND 9.2.0-20E before. That save will be unreadable forever after downgrading?
Yeah, that's right. My retail Pokemon X cart's save got corrupted after downgrading, just tested it on emunand 9.4.

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I asked this on another thread but maybe in here i'll get an answer, so sorry for "double" posting.

I'm a little confused with what have been said so I'd like to know. Did anybody used to play on retails cartridges (poke X/Y specifically) on the classic mode before the 3.0 update (if i remember well it meant using a 6.x encryption save, my real nand is on 4.4) and is still able to access their save now on the new version or did you loose your save or is it just a problem if you're downgrading? I'd like to be sure before upgrading my gateway to the new version that i'm not gonna loose everything. Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyone have an idea what the surprise feature will be?
Easter egg? Maybe DS rom compatibility? Heck, maybe even full homebrew support!

Though at this moment of time, I have an inkling it might have something to do with amiibos......meh, not likely. My last predictions during the pre Ultra Gatewait were pretty off.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

"Disadvantages:

Yeah, that's right. My retail Pokemon X cart's save got corrupted after downgrading, just tested it on emunand 9.4.
Thank you for clarifying! He says "roms and .cia do not have this problem". So what if I just dump my retail cartridges + save files before downgrading? I wouldn't be able to continue my cartridges, but I could continue playing them as ROM files (until the possible release of a save converter).

Would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P