431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. As far as playing games I mainly use my laptop for that, but how well do you think that build will fair at playing some emulators? would it beable to handle any Pc games tho as well? Just asking for the sake of being informed.

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaming should be perfectly possible - what games are you mainly interested in?

Emulators should run fine too. Might need to tweak some settings in both cases, but you should be good to go.

For example, DOTA2 is possible at medium settings/1080p. Which is nice. :)

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. As far as playing games I mainly use my laptop for that, but how well do you think that build will fair at playing some emulators? would it beable to handle any Pc games tho as well? Just asking for the sake of being informed.
What emulators do you have in mind? It may be possible to do PCSX2 with AVX (software acceleration) with APU. It will choke if you use PCSX2 with DirectX (hardware acceleration) since GPU is still fairly low-end.

APU can do 1080p gaming at low to medium settings. Above that APU won't do the job.

The biggest problem with your build is that you use DDR3-1333. At minimum you should use 1600 with 1866+ highly recommended. You are choking APU's performance by going with anything less than 1866.

I have the possibility to buy a used one cheap:

Code:
• Asus Mainboard M4A87TD_EVO
• AMD Phenom II X4 3,2 GHz Black Edition
• Corsair CX 500W
• 12GB DDR3 RAM
• 500 GB S-ATA II HDD
• ATI Radeon HD 5750

Would I be able to play current games with this? Would it be possible to install newer CPUs on this mainboard?

For comparison, this is my current PC:
Code:
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2,0 GHz
Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT
4GB RAM DDR2
How big of a jump in performance would that be?

That is definitely a nice upgrade. But what is that that 12 GB RAM setup? Please use identical twin pairs for RAM to invoke dual channel.

So either 2 x 4 GB, 4 x 2 GB, or 4 x 4 GB. Unlike Intel, AMD cares a lot about RAM performance. Save up some money and get a better GPU.

Do NOT overclock with that ASUS board. Its VRM is exposed and if you overclock it will likely overheat.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found another used one:

Code:
- Processor: AMD 1100 T 6 Kerner 3,3 Ghz
- RAM: 24 GB DDR 3 1333
- Graficscard: Asus 560 ti mit 1280 DDR5 RAM
- Watercooling for CPU
- 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility 3
- 1,5 TB HDD
- DVD-Burner
- OS Windows 7 Professional
Never heard of that CPU and graphics card. Is this powerful? What is this worth used?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They listed the model weird, it's a Phenom II X6. For emulation needs it'll be just slightly better than the earlier one due to the higher clock rate (going from 4 to 6 cores nets you nothing for gaming and emulation), but the GPU on the other hand appears to be much more powerful which means that machine is fine for modern PC gaming.

Reactions: SpaceJump

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They listed the model weird, it's a Phenom II X6. For emulation needs it'll be just slightly better than the earlier one due to the higher clock rate (going from 4 to 6 cores nets you nothing for gaming and emulation), but the GPU on the other hand appears to be much more powerful which means that machine is fine for modern PC gaming.
Do you know what it's worth used?

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found another used one:

Code:
- Processor: AMD 1100 T 6 Kerner 3,3 Ghz
- RAM: 24 GB DDR 3 1333
- Graficscard: Asus 560 ti mit 1280 DDR5 RAM
- Watercooling for CPU
- 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility 3
- 1,5 TB HDD
- DVD-Burner
- OS Windows 7 Professional
Never heard of that CPU and graphics card. Is this powerful? What is this worth used?
Do you have any more detail on this PC? With water cooling and SSD, this PC could cost quite a bit. Please provide detail on the motherboard, the RAM, the case, and water cooling setup.
I probably won't emulate anything past PS1.
Then you will be fine. At or below PS1, even Intel Pentium with regular HD Graphics will handle it full fps.

Still, consider upgrading your RAM kit to a faster one. You are not doing justice to AMD APU by pairing it with low speed RAM.

Reactions: 431unknown

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All my parts came in today will build as work allows. I've been doing a lot of 12 hour days hence the spare coin to get a new PC. @trumpet-205 Is this what you'd recommend? That would max out my MOBO as far as ram but, I'm confused as far as a video card. My APU and the MOBO list different recommended Radeon series the APU recommends 6450 or 6570 for an A6 and the MOBO recommends 7670, 7570, or 7470. Which should I go by?

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All my parts came in today will build as work allows. I've been doing a lot of 12 hour days hence the spare coin to get a new PC. @trumpet-205 Is this what you'd recommend? That would max out my MOBO as far as ram but, I'm confused as far as a video card. My APU and the MOBO list different recommended Radeon series the APU recommends 6450 or 6570 for an A6 and the MOBO recommends 7670, 7570, or 7470. Which should I go by?
That RAM set is good. You can just return DDR3-1333 you bought (never a good idea to mix different RAMs).

You want to do hybrid crossfire? I generally tell people to avoid them since it is not worth it to crossfire entry level GPU. While hybrid crossfire does boost GPU performance assuming your game supports crossfire, it introduces problems such as micro-stuttering. For games that don't support crossfire your dGPU will idle during gaming.

People do crossfire when they run very high end GPU, such as HD7950, for either 120 Hz refresh rate or multiple monitors.

The highest A6 can crossfire is 7570 that is using DDR3, which is a waste of money.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You want to do hybrid crossfire? I generally tell people to avoid them since it is not worth it to crossfire entry level GPU. While hybrid crossfire does boost GPU performance assuming your game supports crossfire, it introduces problems such as micro-stuttering. For games that don't support crossfire your dGPU will idle during gaming.

People do crossfire when they run very high end GPU, such as HD7950, for either 120 Hz refresh rate or multiple monitors.

The highest A6 can crossfire is 7570 that is using DDR3, which is a waste of money.

No I don't want to was just asking more or less if I should. How about the RAM I linked. That's more or less what you suggested right?

Edit:
Ah, never mind I just noticed you said it was good.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No I don't want to was just asking more or less if I should. How about the RAM I linked. That's more or less what you suggested right?

Edit:
Ah, never mind I just noticed you said it was good.
Here is my take, if you have APU just focus on using the integrated GPU. If you want to drop in a dedicated GPU you might as well get Intel Pentium/Core i3 or AMD FX-4xxx with HD7750 since you will get a whole lot more performance out of it.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally bought this one:
Code:
Intel i5 2500K
Nvidia Geforce GTX570
8GB RAM
Mainboard MSI P67A-C45
1,5TB HDD
64GB SSD
Very happy with it so far. I just saw Metroid Prime in 1080p for the first time and I was breathless!

Thanks again for all your help :)

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally bought this one:
Code:
Intel i5 2500K
Nvidia Geforce GTX570
8GB RAM
Mainboard MSI P67A-C45
1,5TB HDD
64GB SSD
Very happy with it so far. I just saw Metroid Prime in 1080p for the first time and I was breathless!

Thanks again for all your help :)
That is a very nice computer, even better than 1100T you have posted. You can even do moderate overclocking on this PC assuming it comes with a good aftermarket cooler.

Quick question though, what PSU is included in this PC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol