Monster Hunter: World PC launch date announced, minimum specs revealed

monster-hunter-world-review-ps4-4-768x432.jpg

Capcom's mega hit, Monster Hunter: World launched earlier this year on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, where it reached critical acclaim and made its way to becoming the company's highest selling game, ever. And on August 9th, the game will be hitting the PC market as well. The full minimum and recommended specs can be found below.

■RECOMMENDED

Processor :Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz or Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X
Memory :8 GB RAM
Graphic :NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 570X (VRAM 4GB)
DirectX :Version 11
Storage :20 GB available space
Sound card :DirectSound compatible (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
Additional Notes: Mouse, keyboard and game pads (both DirectInput and XInput) are supported.
30FPS at 1080p on HIGH graphic settings.

■MINIMUM

Processor :Intel® Core™ i5-4460, 3.20GHz or AMD FX™-6300 above
Memory :8 GB RAM
Graphic :NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 OR AMD Radeon™ R7 260x(VRAM 2GB and above)
DirectX :Version 11
Storage :20 GB available space
Sound card :DirectSound compatible (DirectX® 9.0c higher)
Target: :Mouse, keyboard and game pads (both DirectInput and XInput) are supported.
30FPS at 1080p on LOW graphic settings.

The PC port of the game will have everything that the console versions did at launch, and special DLC will be available post-launch. Those who pre-order can get two special items: The Origin Set, which is a type of armor reminiscent of older Monster Hunter titles, as well as a Fair Wind Charm, which when equipped, ups your attack power.

Spazturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank Christ it has no 32bit CPU support, I am fed up of 32bit CPUs holding back games with their limited register sizes, limited addressable space and lack of modern high performance instruction sets. PC's have been 64bit for over 15 years now, it is time to let 32bit CPUs die.

Bakuku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
-Ryzen 1700x stock speed
-Asrock Taichi x370 motherboard AM4
-G.skills 16GB ddr4 3200mhz
-Samsung Evo 850 500gb SSD
-MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X 11
-Coolermaster 1000watt

2k monitor Agon

I’ll try to max it out if when I get it, maybe.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for the random bump here, but got a question and didn't want to make a new thread just for it. Can someone who has pre-ordered the game on Steam tell me whether it lets you download it ahead of time? Basically, whether you can download it but just not run it until launch. My internet is so bad that I can start downloading today and it will still haven't finished by launch so want to get a head start...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the random bump here, but got a question and didn't want to make a new thread just for it. Can someone who has pre-ordered the game on Steam tell me whether it lets you download it ahead of time? Basically, whether you can download it but just not run it until launch. My internet is so bad that I can start downloading today and it will still haven't finished by launch so want to get a head start...
Usually for most big releases, Steam will let you pre-load the game a few days in advance. I imagine you'll be able to do the same for this.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Usually for most big releases, Steam will let you pre-load the game a few days in advance. I imagine you'll be able to do the same for this.
Alright, but would like something more concrete. I can buy the game for 47€ (-20%) on a certain keystore I like to use and there may be additional discounts because I'm an advanced member on there but later on, so if there's no pre-load, I plan to wait until the last moment to get it for the optimal discount.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Alright, but would like something more concrete. I can buy the game for 47€ (-20%) on a certain keystore I like to use and there may be additional discounts because I'm an advanced member on there but later on, so if there's no pre-load, I plan to wait until the last moment to get it for the optimal discount.
I mean, we literally have no idea until either Capcom says "Yeah, you can pre-load" or someone on Steam notices they can download it early. As far as I can tell, Capcom hasn't said anything, and it's still a good 10-ish days away from release, so nobody knows.

In all likelihood, yes, you'll be able to pre-load it, but nobody can give an exact answer.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I mean, we literally have no idea until either Capcom says "Yeah, you can pre-load" or someone on Steam notices they can download it early. As far as I can tell, Capcom hasn't said anything, and it's still a good 10-ish days away from release, so nobody knows.

In all likelihood, yes, you'll be able to pre-load it, but nobody can give an exact answer.
I see... I guess I'll wait a bit more, but if anyone finds out for sure, post here or PM me about it. I want to be able to play as close to launch as possible and all...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for the rebump, but just was verified, no preload on Steam, just great! 5PM BST release...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol