Monster Hunter: World PC launch date announced, minimum specs revealed

monster-hunter-world-review-ps4-4-768x432.jpg

Capcom's mega hit, Monster Hunter: World launched earlier this year on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, where it reached critical acclaim and made its way to becoming the company's highest selling game, ever. And on August 9th, the game will be hitting the PC market as well. The full minimum and recommended specs can be found below.

■RECOMMENDED

Processor :Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz or Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X
Memory :8 GB RAM
Graphic :NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 570X (VRAM 4GB)
DirectX :Version 11
Storage :20 GB available space
Sound card :DirectSound compatible (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
Additional Notes: Mouse, keyboard and game pads (both DirectInput and XInput) are supported.
30FPS at 1080p on HIGH graphic settings.

■MINIMUM

Processor :Intel® Core™ i5-4460, 3.20GHz or AMD FX™-6300 above
Memory :8 GB RAM
Graphic :NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 OR AMD Radeon™ R7 260x(VRAM 2GB and above)
DirectX :Version 11
Storage :20 GB available space
Sound card :DirectSound compatible (DirectX® 9.0c higher)
Target: :Mouse, keyboard and game pads (both DirectInput and XInput) are supported.
30FPS at 1080p on LOW graphic settings.

The PC port of the game will have everything that the console versions did at launch, and special DLC will be available post-launch. Those who pre-order can get two special items: The Origin Set, which is a type of armor reminiscent of older Monster Hunter titles, as well as a Fair Wind Charm, which when equipped, ups your attack power.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I got an i3-6100, not sure if my computer would be able to run the game because of JUST that one part. It seems it's rated similarly on power to the i5 for the minimum specs, but still...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I got an i3-6100, not sure if my computer would be able to run the game because of JUST that one part. It seems it's rated similarly on power to the i5 for the minimum specs, but still...
Don't take minimum required specs as gospel, they're still just recommendations, not super strict "if you don't have this too bad". In all likelyhood, your i3 will work just fine with the game.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that's true.
Unless this game uses an assload of multicore rendering you guys should be fine. the the single-thread performance on those are about on par with an i7 tbh. and even then those are 2 core 4 thread CPUs so you're "essentially" running a quad core CPU. I bet a sandy bridge i5/i7 can play this game just fine

It's a common misconception that you can't play games on an i3.

also PCMR, don't kill me, I know that hyperthreading is different than 4 physical cores, and won't perform as such lmao.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Unless this game uses an assload of multicore rendering you guys should be fine. the the single-thread performance on those are about on par with an i7 tbh. and even then those are 2 core 4 thread CPUs so you're "essentially" running a quad core CPU. I bet a sandy bridge i5/i7 can play this game just fine

It's a common misconception that you can't play games on an i3.

also PCMR, don't kill me, I know that hyperthreading is different than 4 physical cores, and won't perform as such lmao.
The i3 series started becoming prominent entry level gaming processors with the 4th gen I believe. An i3-6100 should very well be able to run thus game.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was locked at 60 on the PS4 Pro, I played on an OG PS4 so I don't know for sure. The framerate didnt really bother me but I am not picky about that kinda stuff.

Nah it's just an unlocked frame rate which rarely (if ever?) hits 60 in combat or any important sequences other than traversal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The i3 series started becoming prominent entry level gaming processors with the 4th gen I believe. An i3-6100 should very well be able to run thus game.

Definitely, games even now use 2 cores at best on the PC side.

Reactions: Kioku

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really have a hard time understanding how 30 fps make games unplayable... I mean, is it that important to get 60 fps? Gamewise, what advantages does 60 fps have over 30 fps? Yes, animation looks more fluid, but it's not like 30 fps is garbage or unplayable ...
Would you start watching movies at 12 fps now? Would you play PS4 games on 240p tv now?
Once you get used to new tech, you can't go back anymore

30fps is awful for fast-paced games, though unstable framerate is even worse. bloodborne reaches the low twenties, you can see still images of the blurred dashing character during the fast sidestep move the game has. you can't tall me that's good. when you're used to 60, that motion looks like you're installing 2 programs in the background and are capped in ram while playing. no thank you.

same applies to people who play at 120, they don't like 60 anymore, as far as i heard.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Would you start watching movies at 12 fps now? Would you play PS4 games on 240p tv now?

30fps is awful for fast-paced games, though unstable framerate is even worse. bloodborne reaches the low twenties, you can see still images of the blurred dashing character during the fast sidestep move the game has. you can't tall me that's good. when you're used to 60, that motion looks like you're installing 2 programs in the background and are capped in ram while playing. no thank you.

same applies to people who play at 120, they don't like 60 anymore, as far as i heard.

There's a bias in this. However, I can comfortably go between 144hz/fps and lower with no issue. Whether it's new games/tech or old games/tech.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not a fair comparison to use movies. One could then also say that if movies are 24fps & people are fine with it, people should also be fine with 24fps in games. Or that once you see a movie in 48fps, you could never go back to 24fps movies.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In case anybody cares, here are some of the things you can change. I ripped the screenshots from Capcom's website.
img_feature_thumb01.jpg

img_feature_thumb02.jpg

On a side note, can anybody guess as what can run this game with all settings off or at minimum at 720p 60FPS?
It really depends on a lot of stuff. Not just settings, but also how well the game will be optimized.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF GTX 1060 to run this game at 30fps 1080p?

And still downgrading this version to mantain parity with consoles? really Crapcom?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't get me wrong. I'm pretty happy with the western release of MH:XX but this would be one hell of a game for the Switch! I haven't lost hope it'll come eventually.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crapcom's SFV has cross-pc-ps4-play, does's this MH support crossplay too?
From Capcom's site

・Online matchmaking is only available between players of the Steam version. Cross-platform multiplayer is not supported.

・You must connect your PC to the internet and sign in to Steam in order to play online multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste