Elden Ring PC system requirements announced

maxresdefault.jpg

FromSoftware's highly anticipated new game, Elden Ring, is out in only ten days, and publisher Bandai Namco has just announced the system requirements. The minimum system requirements are beefier than expected, especially considering the game will also be releasing on previous-generation consoles, with PC players needing 12GB of RAM to run the game, plus either an Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580 and either a Intel Core i5-8400 or an AMD Ryzen 3 3300X. The full specs can be seen below:

Elden Ring minimum requirements​

• Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
  • Memory: 12GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 3GB | AMD Radeon RX 580, 4GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12.0)
  • Storage: 60GB
  • Sound Card: Windows-compatible audio device

Elden Ring recommended specifications​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K | AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8GB | AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, 8GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12.0)
  • Storage: 60 GB
  • Sound Card: Windows-compatible audio device
FLo3UV2XIAYoYtU.jpg
:arrow: Source

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if I misunderstood. Can you explain though, how this specific game would be more of a hassle on PC than console? :)

No again, I didnt say "than console", did I ? :) I love PC too. I said some games are required with mouse only which is not really necessary.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well besides the obvious of there being a more likely possibility of errors, it's also the fact that at minimum the port requires a $600 pc to run. granted, if you're buying elden ring on PC, you probably already have a decent PC to begin with, but still. people running 1050tis and rx 480s are basically left to get fucked

The latter would be a valid assumption but since the other person never stated that they don't meet minimum requirements, it's just an assumption. Also. the "obvious" was already stated to not be what they were referring to.

Citizen_404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I really want to play this game on my PC. As usual, I'll just wait a year, for all the bug fixes to come through.

With the latest Cyberpunk 2077 patches, I think I can start playing that now!

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hope there won't be a Problem as all the games where I could choose dx11 or dx12 were sturrering as hell when using dx12 even on lowest possible settings on my rtx3060ti :/

No Idea if this is a problem with those specific games or with dx12 ... usually never checked which version they use but since those experiences dx12 kinda is a red flag for me

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hope there won't be a Problem as all the games where I could choose dx11 or dx12 were sturrering as hell when using dx12 even on lowest possible settings on my rtx3060ti :/

No Idea if this is a problem with those specific games or with dx12 ... usually never checked which version they use but since those experiences dx12 kinda is a red flag for me
dx11 is a red flag for me. amd just runs bad on it. dx12 on the other hand, mostly flawless. unless the game doesn't preload shader cache. then there is shader cache stuttering. maybe your games experience those.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DOOM isn't and you only need a 970 to run it, at 1080p60 unlike fromsoftware and their extremely shit optimization for PC
What issues happened? Had no problems playing Dark Souls 2 on a 970 at 1080p/60... Didn't try DS3 cuz I had a stronger GPU when it released?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dx11 is a red flag for me. amd just runs bad on it. dx12 on the other hand, mostly flawless. unless the game doesn't preload shader cache. then there is shader cache stuttering. maybe your games experience those.

No Idea, I recently had those problems with "The Ascent" and "Control" both could easily run on all max settings on dx11 but on 12 not even lowest settings made it lag free sadly, also Controll looked like crap most of the time on dx12 ... not sure if this could be related to a shader issue but it looked like the skins didn't load up

Dragoonhurdur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm happy that my 3600x and AMD 5600xt are most likely up for getting near to 60fps.

Not sure that PC will have online activity on day one though.
I'm really excited to play a From game at launch.

I had to abandon my first DS2 run due to the servers going offline earlier this year.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it. By the way, I am going to stick with PS5/PS4. Less hassle.

No, this game is more of a hassle, silly. Not any PC gaming, thought. I have PC and PS4 and PS5 for the different reasons. ^_^

No again, I didnt say "than console", did I ? :) I love PC too. I said some games are required with mouse only which is not really necessary.

No, you absolutely did not say anything whatsoever about games that require a mouse. But yes, if the game does not allow use of a controller on PC, then in this instance you DID mean "than console" for reason of controller vs no controller. No worries at all, but it's really not my fault that your posts have been so vague that a person is left guessing what the "hasstle" is that you originally mentioned. :)

That said, where does it say that Elden Ring requires a mouse and cannot be played with a controller on PC? Unless I missed the announcement about no controllers for the PC version, I'm still not sure where the "hassle" is.

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dark souls 3 and sekiro ran pretty good on my old system, i5 3470 + r9 280x. I doubt that this requirements are that much higher now. open world structure just pushes the cpu much higher. so a decent cpu and anything slighty below 1060, like 970 should be just fine.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you absolutely did not say anything whatsoever about games that require a mouse. But yes, if the game does not allow use of a controller on PC, then in this instance you DID mean "than console" for reason of controller vs no controller. No worries at all, but it's really not my fault that your posts have been so vague that a person is left guessing what the "hasstle" is that you originally mentioned. :)

That said, where does it say that Elden Ring requires a mouse and cannot be played with a controller on PC? Unless I missed the announcement about no controllers for the PC version, I'm still not sure where the "hassle" is.

How Can You Play Elden Ring?​

If it’s anything like past Souls games on PC, Elden Ring will support gamepads and mouse-and-keyboard setups, but gamepads will be the ideal controller. Then again, some people have finished these games blindfolded, while controlling the action with bongo drums, so we're sure you'll find a control scheme you like.

That's why if I dont have PS4/PS5 and have a PC then I want to run Elder Ring on my PC with gamepads since this game will support three setups. Too many. Since PS4/PS5 only have gamepads all set and readily. Maybe it is just me but that's how I feel.

I understand that some people prefer mouse and keyboard over gamepads. That's great for them because they will not feel left out and force to use gamepads only on PC. That's optional and that's good.

For me, no thanks. I am stick with PS4/PS5. I just use PC gaming for some games I really want that will never released on PS4/PS5. I hope that is clear to you. My apologized for a little bit mixed up. ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg