Lowers Spec PC for Great Dolphin Emulation?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on buying a new PC in the new year for various reasons. It needs to be an all rounder, but the main reasons include Video Editing with Sony Vegas Pro and Emulation of all possible Consoles (With Emulators available of course). Especially Gamecube and Wii Emulation as playing them on a PC looks 100x better with the settings on dolphin scaling the image up by just 1.5x even...

I've never built a computer, but have friends who are quite willing to help me build it and source the parts for me too!

I currently have:
  • An Intel i5 4460s Processor
  • nVidia GT705 GFX Card (Crap...)
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 2TB HDD (Not sure if Sata or something else)

I'm just looking for something more powerful, but I don't know what sort of spec is capable of running Dolphin with upscaled Resolution at full speed with no issues! The PC I have currently will play Gamecube at native resolution pretty comfortably, but not perfectly.

Also, AMD is out of the question as apparently those processors aren't optimised for Emulation, but I wouldn't know.

Anyways, I was hoping to get:
  • Something in the i7 range of processors which isn't terrible.
  • Something in the nVidia GTX Range that's just over average spec with 2 HDMI Outs.
  • 8GB or 16GGB of DDR4 RAM.
  • At least 2TB of storage space too.
  • MAYBE a small SSD, but I've never encountered one before and not sure it'd be super beneficial.

Anyways, yeah. if anyone could help me out here that'd be ace!

Thanks guys :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro