Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't test now (waiting to get back my other 3DS which got harmoded) but if no one test it before, I'll be able to test in a few days, when I'll get the 3DS back.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried it with my gameboy color since I could. The two don't recognize each other unfortunately. Either there's a software issue or the IR hardware is simply incompatible.

I made a test rom for IR stuff a while ago which may interest you. Press Left to enter receiving mode, Right to enter sending mode, and A or B to turn the sending signal on or off, respectively. I flashed it to my GBC, but couldn't get any kind of signal from the 3ds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg78xqockcri8ui/ir.gb?dl=1

Reactions: Idaho

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tried it with my gameboy color since I could. The two don't recognize each other unfortunately. Either there's a software issue or the IR hardware is simply incompatible.

I made a test rom for IR stuff a while ago which may interest you. Press Left to enter receiving mode, Right to enter sending mode, and A or B to turn the sending signal off or on, respectively. I flashed it to my GBC, but couldn't get any kind of signal from the 3ds.

I will try it out when I get home.

One other thing, were you the one that made Kaizo of Ages? :P

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I made a test rom for IR stuff a while ago which may interest you. Press Left to enter receiving mode, Right to enter sending mode, and A or B to turn the sending signal on or off, respectively. I flashed it to my GBC, but couldn't get any kind of signal from the 3ds.

You tested a GBC and a 3DS? Maybe I wrong but I thought it was to do "3DS => 3DS".

D

Deleted User

Not very likely for it to work with an actual GBC. Pretty sure it's a hardware thing.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've encountered some problems with the game "Volley Fire". The stone sprites are not moving :(

Edit: It should be like this (see 0:25) but in GameYob, they are not moving at all:

Edit2: It seems like many of my games aren't working properly, most of them even totally crashes... :(

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure the roms are good? (depend of how much you mean by "many" but if you have more than a dozen which crash, seems weird).

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you sure the roms are good? (depend of how much you mean by "many" but if you have more than a dozen which crash, seems weird).

Yes, the roms are fine.

I've made a list of the games that I had problems with:
- Battle City: Doesn't start at all (white screen)​
- Castlevania 2: Has some glitches when the screen transition is going on, but it's playable​
- Catrap: Sound effects doesn't work​
- Double Dragon 2: Game goes back to the title screen right when you start playing the game​
- Head On: Sound is too low​
- Lamborghini - American Challenge: Crashes when starting a race​
- Marble Madness: No sound and music​
- Pac-Man: No sound and music​
- Tail'Gator: Crashes when you pickup a bomb that kills all the enemies on the screen​
- Volley Fire: The rock sprites does not move, which is hardly playable​
There is also a problem when you press the HOME button. When you go back to the game, the top screen will stay black, even if you load a new rom. The only way to fix it, is to restart GameYob.​

I'm using the latest version of Steveice10

D

Deleted User

Yes, the roms are fine.

I've made a list of the games that I had problems with:
- Battle City: Doesn't start at all (white screen)​
- Castlevania 2: Has some glitches when the screen transition is going on, but it's playable​
- Catrap: Sound effects doesn't work​
- Double Dragon 2: Game goes back to the title screen right when you start playing the game​
- Head On: Sound is too low​
- Lamborghini - American Challenge: Crashes when starting a race​
- Marble Madness: No sound and music​
- Pac-Man: No sound and music​
- Tail'Gator: Crashes when you pickup a bomb that kills all the enemies on the screen​
There is also a problem when you press the HOME button. When you go back to the game, the top screen will stay black, even if you load a new rom. The only way to fix it, is to restart GameYob.​

I'm using the latest version of Steveice10

I'll take a look at these games when I can. This is with the last posted release build, right? Not the IR test build I posted a day or two ago?

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll take a look at these games when I can. This is with the last posted release build, right? Not the IR test build I posted a day or two ago?
Well... I have the 'IR test build' since that is the LATEST build :P
Should I try an older version?

(Please point me to the latest 'stable' version so I can try out again)

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
X Battle City: Doesn't start at all (white screen) Works!
X Catrap: Sound effects doesn't work Works!
X Double Dragon 2: Game goes back to the title screen right when you start playing the game Works!
X Head On: Sound is too low Works!
- Lamborghini - American Challenge: Crashes when starting a race Works! But has a "very high pitched' beep noise at the main menu (the music actually worked much better with the IR test version)​
- Marble Madness: No sound and music Works! But has some "very high pitched' beep noise at the main menu.​
X Pac-Man: No sound and music Works!
X Solomon's Club: Sound is too low Works!
X Tail'Gator: Crashes when you pickup a bomb that kills all the enemies on the screen Works!

There is also a problem when you press the HOME button. When you go back to the game, the top screen will stay black, even if you load a new rom. The only way to fix it, is to restart GameYob. Sometimes, a full system shutdown is required. (Still having this problem)

So 4 games that are still having some issues.
- Castlevania 2​
- Lamborghini - American Challange​
- Marble Madness​
- Volley Fire​

Hope you can fix these too :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk