Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Thanks a lot, this emu is much better than the official one.

Not a priority, but just saying. Gameyob DS has wireless multiplayer option. I love playing tetris with my wife with that. Even though it is buggy and gets disconnected after a few matches, it is still great fun. I would love to have that on 3DS, though i have no idea if it is possible.

D

Deleted User

I noticed that while playing, that sound channel 3 tends to turn off after a few notes. You can hear it happen easily on games like Game & Watch Gallery. I also noticed on Super Mario Land 2 that theres a scratchy noise during the game select and on the game map.
Channel 3 isn't really 100% working, there's probably going to be some issues with frequency, however I haven't heard of it just turning off before. I'm not really noticing this in Game & Watch Gallery, however I have noticed the scratchy noise in SML2, which seems to be a channel 4 issue.
just curious to ask, where does gbc_bios.bin need to go in order for the startup/boot screen to appear? as it won't detect it at all. :/

Edit: Also... the paddle on Alleyway is stuck on the left and it doesn't move at all.

on the subject of custom borders, can someone port the atomic purple one please? thanks.
gbc_bios.bin goes in the root of the SD card, and the GBC Bios option needs to be enabled. You can move it anywhere you want as well if you change the path in gameyob.ini.
the latest version black screen on cfw
I don't have CFW, so I can't really test, but its working fine for me via Ninjhax on 4.5 and as a CIA on 9.5 emuNAND.
Thanks a lot, this emu is much better than the official one.

Not a priority, but just saying. Gameyob DS has wireless multiplayer option. I love playing tetris with my wife with that. Even though it is buggy and gets disconnected after a few matches, it is still great fun. I would love to have that on 3DS, though i have no idea if it is possible.
It's planned, I just haven't gotten around to figuring it out yet.

EDIT: Here's a small update. Made some miscellaneous internal changes and added a BIOS file selector under the BIOS enable option.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

D

Deleted User

Just finished replacing GameYob's sound engine with blargg's Gb_Snd_Emu. Should fix most sound issues and generally improve sound quality, although the clicking issue with CSND still exists.

EDIT: Re-uploaded with a fix for certain games locking up.

EDIT Aaaand... reverted. The change causes too many new issues, and needs more work.

purpasmart96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished replacing GameYob's sound engine with blargg's Gb_Snd_Emu. Should fix most sound issues and generally improve sound quality, although the clicking issue with CSND still exists.

EDIT: Re-uploaded with a fix for certain games locking up.

EDIT Aaaand... reverted. The change causes too many new issues, and needs more work.
Unfortunately when using the .cia version, I just get a black screens when I start using it.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Another border for the interested:
7IGMDbT.png

Steveice10 Is possible to include the 3D "deep" effect of the 3DS GBC Virtual Console on GameYob? It would be amazing.
Thanks for everything

D

Deleted User

Another border for the interested:
7IGMDbT.png

Steveice10 Is possible to include the 3D "deep" effect of the 3DS GBC Virtual Console on GameYob? It would be amazing.
Thanks for everything

3D would be *possible* however the work required and the speed loss it would cause wouldn't really be worth it.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative