Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

D

Deleted User

What should the BIOS be named and where should they be placed?

Edit: I dont know where I put them, but hey, I got it to work. Also gbc_bios.bin works for the File Name.
Now just need to figure out how to get the Borders working.

Borders don't work. I haven't figured out how to implement them yet on the 3DS, as the DS version's border code seems fairly specialized to the DS.

Oh, and anyone having issues with the new buttons on the N3DS, it should be fixed now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

Reactions: SLiV3R

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grabbed it. Unfortunately, still does not work. Made sure to have the ZL as Reset, ZR for Scaling, and left the C Nub as the additional Directional. Nothing. Swear the N3DS is being stubborn huh? LOL. Hey, least it works man. Just focus on other matters, then hey, who knows, may figure something else at a later time.

Edit: Uh, might have some bad news for you. From what I was reading, you might have to start from scratch if you want the Additional Controls working. Am I correct assuming you are just taking the DS GameYob and just Modifying it for the 3DS? From what I was told, that is the problem. You need to redo everything specifically for 3DS. otherwise, you will just get things not going correctly or not at all.
But hey, like I said, it works, lets be happy with how it is.

D

Deleted User

Just grabbed it. Unfortunately, still does not work. Made sure to have the ZL as Reset, ZR for Scaling, and left the C Nub as the additional Directional. Nothing. Swear the N3DS is being stubborn huh? LOL. Hey, least it works man. Just focus on other matters, then hey, who knows, may figure something else at a later time.

Edit: Uh, might have some bad news for you. From what I was reading, you might have to start from scratch if you want the Additional Controls working. Am I correct assuming you are just taking the DS GameYob and just Modifying it for the 3DS? From what I was told, that is the problem. You need to redo everything specifically for 3DS. otherwise, you will just get things not going correctly or not at all.
But hey, like I said, it works, lets be happy with how it is.

Uh... no, I'm starting off of the existing GameYob 3DS code. And it already has support for N3DS controls, which have been confirmed to work on Ninjhax.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It must be a Gateway-mode limitation of some sort, then. I can't use the ZL/ZR/C-stick in any of my homebrew tests either (hidKeysDown and irrstKeysHeld just return zero for any of those N3DS inputs), even with the RSF asking for access to the proper services.

D

Deleted User

It must be a Gateway-mode limitation of some sort, then. I can't use the ZL/ZR/C-stick in any of my homebrew tests either (hidKeysDown and irrstKeysHeld just return zero for any of those N3DS inputs), even with the RSF asking for access to the proper services.

Possibly. Same issue here.

Also, an update: I added custom border support. You can select a PNG for a global border from the display options ("Select Border"), and you can also specify a per-game border by saving the PNG file as (rompath).png, where rompath is the folder and the full filename (including .gbc/.gb/etc.).

Borders should be 400x240, to match the size of the screen. They can be any size really, but other sizes will be stretched to fit. Borders also work on the bottom screen, the left and right edges being cropped out.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

Reactions: Smoker1 and daxtsu

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Possibly. Same issue here.

Also, an update: I added custom border support. You can select a PNG for a global border from the display options ("Select Border"), and you can also specify a per-game border by saving the PNG file as (rompath).png, where rompath is the folder and the full filename (including .gbc/.gb/etc.).

Borders should be 400x240, to match the size of the screen. They can be any size really, but other sizes will be stretched to fit. Borders also work on the bottom screen, the left and right edges being cropped out.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

Can you give us a template?

Thanks for all your work! :D

EDIT: Nevermind. I made one.

--UPDATED--

D

Deleted User

Can you give us a template?

Just in case, here's a template I quickly threw together. The middle white square is the normal screen, and the outer white square outline is the outline of the screen when scaled.

4gDP62X.png

EDIT: Just uploaded a quick-fix for game-specific borders not clearing when switching games if you don't have a default border: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

EDIT2: Nope, wasn't fixed, now it is.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lu8Qwsr.pngLu8Qwsr2.png Yeah I realized it after I posted it. LOL
Here it is again correct hopefully and one for when Scaling is Off. The Off one might be a tad bit bigger, but hey, least it is looking good huh? LOL

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can confirm that Pokemon Pinball works flawlessly now! Just played a couple of minutes to check. Thank you so much for your hard work Steveice10! This becomes one of the best homebrew apps for 3DS :)

Da_GPer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that while playing, that sound channel 3 tends to turn off after a few notes. You can hear it happen easily on games like Game & Watch Gallery. I also noticed on Super Mario Land 2 that theres a scratchy noise during the game select and on the game map.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just curious to ask, where does gbc_bios.bin need to go in order for the startup/boot screen to appear? as it won't detect it at all. :/

Edit: Also... the paddle on Alleyway is stuck on the left and it doesn't move at all.

on the subject of custom borders, can someone port the atomic purple one please? thanks.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This emulator even has sound over Ninjhax. How and when did that happen? Hopefully we'll see that on blargSnes too.

Great work guys!

BlargSnes already have sound on Ninjhax, I think? If I'm right, the problem was only the N3DS but can be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH