Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Wiiflow has the same covers for 2 different games. I also notice that the zip file data base, I cannot use it in wiiflow. In the usbloader gx I use the zip file, but it does not work. Were do you have to put the file to get it to work right?

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
D34DL1N3R said:
Oops, lol. Didn't even notice the rating. That's funny.

Will fix that, but I don't think I will do the marker style. I've never much cared for it myself, do retail Wii discs look like that?They don't, and I prefer the originals myself, but the ones by marker or using his style are usually clean.
If you're going for the retail style, can you try a version that looks more like retail discs?
Use a cleaner version of the Nintendo seal, make the rating logos bigger and move them to the left so that they aren't so close to the side, move the Capcom logo down.

LxTrix said:
I has a suggestion maybe a download link next to each game that puts games in their directory....

covers/
covers/3d
covers/disc
covers/full

Meaning you have that pre zipped....It's not a bad idea.

LxTrix said:
World of Zoo needs covers....
and Cooking Mama 2 & Scrabble is missing a lot of covers.
Please tell us the region when you notice a problem.
For World of Zoo do you mean it's missing the full cover? http://wiitdb.com/Game/RZOE78
Cooking mama PAL lacks the DE cover, I didn't find it. http://wiitdb.com/Game/RWKP5G
Sometimes the cover just doesn't seem to exist for a certain country.
I added the Spanish cover for Scrabble.

QUOTE(Valguerra @ Dec 5 2009, 02:07 AM)
Well Wiiflow has the same covers for 2 different games. I also notice that the zip file data base, I cannot use it in wiiflow. In the usbloader gx I use the zip file, but it does not work. Were do you have to put the file to get it to work right?
Can you tell me which ones of those two covers are the same? I can't guess
smile.gif

You can't use the zip in WiiFlow, Configurable Loader or Coverfloader, they use the titles.txt format. You can download this file from WiiFlow/Configurable Loader or use this URL: http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt (use http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt?LANG=ES if you want titles in another language)
You can't use the full zip in USBLoader GX as explained on the site, you have to download it from USBLoader GX or generate a custom URL from USBLoader GX (this will probably change soon).
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
LxTrix said:
I has a suggestion maybe a download link next to each game that puts games in their directory....

covers/
covers/3d
covers/disc
covers/full

Meaning you have that pre zipped....

Please, do not use this mess in /covers/ folder... better be:
covers/2d/
covers/3d/
covers/disc/
covers/full/
This should be IMHO the default locations for covers in the various loaders...

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cambric said:
LxTrix said:

covers/
covers/3d
covers/disc
covers/full

Meaning you have that pre zipped....

Please, do not use this mess in /covers/ folder... better be:
covers/2d/
covers/3d/
covers/disc/
covers/full/
This should be IMHO the default locations for covers in the various loaders...

covers/2d/ isn't a correct location it is covers/

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
LxTrix said:
covers/2d/ isn't a correct location it is covers/
not correct in which sense? the path to 2d covers can be configured by the user, hence it is just a matter of settings.
IMHO have a clean /covers/ folder with four subfolders is far better than having a mess with hundreds of covers and three subfolders lost in them...

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. Here are the games that show the same covers on the Wiiflow. The Kung fun Panda Legendary Warriors, Kunfu Panda, Fishing master and Fishing master World tour. I also notice that some gaes are listed differently on Wiiflow and usbloader. But I got to get the list of games.

How do you go about editing title file for the laoder?

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Valguerra said:
My bad. Here are the games that show the same covers on the Wiiflow. The Kung fun Panda Legendary Warriors, Kunfu Panda, Fishing master and Fishing master World tour. I also notice that some gaes are listed differently on Wiiflow and usbloader. But I got to get the list of games.

How do you go about editing title file for the laoder?
I checked all covers with similar IDs and didn't see a problem, maybe someone fixed it already.
Kung Fu Panda: http://wiitdb.com/Game/RKPE52 (I replaced the 3D cover for this one)
Kung Fu Panda Legendary Warriors: http://wiitdb.com/Game/RKHE52

Fishing Master World Tour: http://wiitdb.com/Game/RTLE18
Fishing master: http://wiitdb.com/Game/RTRE18

Can you tell me the game ID of those games and your region (NTSC or PAL)?

About different titles, maybe you have your USBLoader GX and WiiFlow set to different languages?
Maybe you are using an old version of WiiFlow, make sure you use 1.1 or newer (updated version)

If you want to fix titles, you can register on the site and click "edit" on a page, or edit the file manually (not recommended)

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a cover is not accepted could someone please explain why or an email be sent to user to say why? Just wondering. I've uploaded hq covers before and some are accepted and some are no longer there just get 404 error php page. what the heck? Also since WiiFlow works off of the full covers best so you can flip them would be nice to get as many as possible. Even if they are the smaller version and not the hq size ie the 512x340 size which works just as good as the larger size does.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
mgrimmenator said:
If a cover is not accepted could someone please explain why or an email be sent to user to say why? Just wondering. I've uploaded hq covers before and some are accepted and some are no longer there just get 404 error php page. what the heck?
Your EN HQ full cover for "Ice Age 3" said "Compleet Nederlandstalig" on the front; "HOL" on the back, and had the blue NL spine, if you're going to assemble a good one from various parts it needs to be as clean as possible.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cambric said:
IMHO have a clean /covers/ folder with four subfolders is far better than having a mess with hundreds of covers and three subfolders lost in them...
Sorty by Filetype shows the Folders at the beginning, so they are not lost. Works on Windows Explorer (only tested Win95 to Win7), OS X Finder (only tested 10.4.4-10.6.2), Gnome Nautilus and KDE Konqueror.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
mgrimmenator said:
If a cover is not accepted could someone please explain why or an email be sent to user to say why? Just wondering. I've uploaded hq covers before and some are accepted and some are no longer there just get 404 error php page. what the heck?
Your EN HQ full cover for "Ice Age 3" said "Compleet Nederlandstalig" on the front; "HOL" on the back, and had the blue NL spine, if you're going to assemble a good one from various parts it needs to be as clean as possible.

Thanks for the info, I fixed the front and the spine. Was not sure what "HOL" was on the back cleaned up the top of back to match normal back covers and reuppped though. I have some covers that don't exists but they are the 512x340 size not HQ. If I stretch them they don't look good. The 512x340 size works just fine on wiiflow though. Is there some way we can upload these as custom or something so they can be downloaded until the HQ ones become available. Found the "HOL" thing on the back. Hope it's good now. I'll try to pay more attention next time.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
mgrimmenator said:
Thanks for the info, I fixed the front and the spine. Was not sure what "HOL" was on the back cleaned up the top of back to match normal back covers and reuppped though. I have some covers that don't exists but they are the 512x340 size not HQ. If I stretch them they don't look good. The 512x340 size works just fine on wiiflow though. Is there some way we can upload these as custom or something so they can be downloaded until the HQ ones become available. Found the "HOL" thing on the back. Hope it's good now. I'll try to pay more attention next time.
It's better, but you can do even better: for the spine you can use the green triangle you see on other EN covers, adjust the brightness/contrast to get the white background of the cover to be 100% white and match the white of the spine.
If you have a bunch of 512x340, you can send them to me and I'll add them.
Also, be careful about the rating logo, you uploaded a NTSC cover for Ben 10 PAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: