zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France

• 10/05/11: Today WiiTDB became GameTDB and we hope that together we will have as much fun creating new databases for new systems as we did for the Wii.

GameTDB is available for your favorite software:

Wii
- USB Loader GX (covers, titles, infos)
- Configurable USB Loader (covers, titles, infos)
- CoverFloader (covers, titles)
- WiiFlow (HQ covers, titles)
- uLoader (covers)

Windows
- Wii Backup Manager (covers, titles)
- WBFSSync (covers, titles, info)

Linux
- Wiithon (covers, titles, info)

This is a collaborative online database you can download from your Wii to display information about games in any loader or software that supports it.

You can browse the database and add game information and upload covers here (no need to convert or resize, it is done for you) http://www.gametdb.com

You can download and upload artwork for your region, 3D covers are now available for all regions:
RENJ8P.png
RENE8P.png
RENP8P.png
RENP8P.png

RENP8P.png
RENP8P.png
RENP8P.png
RENP8P.png

You can find the whole FAQ here: http://www.gametdb.com/Main/FAQ

- lustar

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
This seems pretty handy. Can I please suggest that full covers get added as well, as it seems Configurable is going to need them once the Coverflow addition is debugged.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about adding a section for the switches to make it work such as 002 fix, 002 anti, internet fix, etc. That would be great, even better would be if the loaders could read this information and automatically set it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RiPPn said:
How about adding a section for the switches to make it work such as 002 fix, 002 anti, internet fix, etc. That would be great, even better would be if the loaders could read this information and automatically set it.

Listing potential settings in the xml would be nice, but I would say that since most loaders let you do things like th 002 fix globally, that's redundant, and other factors like which cIOS to use, etc. are often different for best results for some drives/Wiis, etc, or just down to personal preference. So Listing that in the game description would be good, but automatically attempting to change things is probably not a good idea.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this out.

Works great.

Some text runs out of the box on some games though but im sure the developers already know this.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the support
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper said:
This seems pretty handy. Can I please suggest that full covers get added as well, as it seems Configurable is going to need them once the Coverflow addition is debugged.
As soon as CFG Loader needs it, it will be there. It's just a matter of adding a new folder, no problem.

Hooya said:
RiPPn said:
How about adding a section for the switches to make it work such as 002 fix, 002 anti, internet fix, etc. That would be great, even better would be if the loaders could read this information and automatically set it.Listing potential settings in the xml would be nice, but I would say that since most loaders let you do things like th 002 fix globally, that's redundant, and other factors like which cIOS to use, etc. are often different for best results for some drives/Wiis, etc, or just down to personal preference. So Listing that in the game description would be good, but automatically attempting to change things is probably not a good idea.
It's a good idea, but the database is meant for official data, common to everyone. The personal settings could be stored in another file using the same format.

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Jul 1 2009, 06:16 PM)
Just tried this out.
Works great.
Some text runs out of the box on some games though but im sure the developers already know this.
They know oh so well
smile.gif
I think you mean for titles in Loader GX, the last time I touched the game info prompt I wanted to auto resize the title but didn't do it...
I'm sure it will be fixed soon, probably when keyboard/vitalitysensor icons are added. It's one of those small things that get delayed for other things...

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so can you explain how I get all this from my loader? you gave that link to use, do I put that in one of the custom paths on usb loader gx, and it will install/update it onto my sd card? so all covers, game information, titles, all will be downloaded/updated from my loader if I want?

sounds really great if this is true, but can you please tell me what I add in the loader to make this work, or what custom path it is.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
wiimano said:
so can you explain how I get all this from my loader? you gave that link to use, do I put that in one of the custom paths on usb loader gx, and it will install/update it onto my sd card? so all covers, game information, titles, all will be downloaded/updated from my loader if I want?
sounds really great if this is true, but can you please tell me what I add in the loader to make this work, or what custom path it is.
wiitdb.zip goes in your config folder on the SD card (or usually next to the other configuration files for a loader), you can already see the information when you press "2" in Loader GX and you will soon be able to update the file directly from the Wii.
The regional artwork and "original disc/custom disc" support was not added in loaders yet, but you can use the artwork links right now if your loader has configurable paths for it, you have to use the US subfolder like this:
http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/US
http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disccustom/US

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow very nice site.

Finally the wiitdb.zip will be updated
smile.gif

I love that game info option.

Keep up the good work

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
well , concerning wiiflow , the only thing to respect about the cover size is that , the images must not exceed 1024*1024 pixels.
(of course , it means 1024 pixels width max , because on fullcovers height is always smaller than width).
The loader resize automatically images to fit on boxes
wink.gif

and it must be in .png

I've sent you a PM
wink.gif

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I love how anyone can edit and update the games, I have already updated a bunch on there, zorg...are you lustar? haha if so its wiidude09!

so I understand everything here, but as of right now, I have to download the wiitdb.zip to my pc and then transfer to my sd card on the wii?

coming soon I will be able to update the wiitdb.zip directly on the wii, just like usb loader gx updates its dol files? wow that would be sweet! thank you for this, this is incredible, this loader keeps on getting better every day!

only thing I am trying to figure out, do I download the covers from this site with those urls or how does that work with those links you provided?

thanks again man

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
wiimano said:
yeah I love how anyone can edit and update the games, I have already updated a bunch on there, zorg...are you lustar? haha if so its wiidude09!
so I understand everything here, but as of right now, I have to download the wiitdb.zip to my pc and then transfer to my sd card on the wii?
coming soon I will be able to update the wiitdb.zip directly on the wii, just like usb loader gx updates its dol files? wow that would be sweet! thank you for this, this is incredible, this loader keeps on getting better every day!
only thing I am trying to figure out, do I download the covers from this site with those urls or how does that work with those links you provided?
thanks again man
You got it all right wiidude09
smile.gif

Except the part with urls, it's exactly as I told you, you could use http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/US in your loader if you can customize the cover path. It won't work for Loader GX right now, but the urls will be added soon..

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the work, I'll add soon to coverfloader!

I suggest to let user edit information even if not registered.
Changes will not be applied but will be moderated for them, this will speed up to correct some information quickly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol