Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
GameCube compatibility is the only reason I still have my Wii. Nintendont+USB Loader GX is flippin awesome. I just wish I could find a reliable way to play N64 games that doesn't include a super powerful computer or a $130+ Everdrive cart with original hardware. :(
The Wii U does a great job with N64 VC. I'm happily playing Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Party, etc.

Reactions: netovsk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guess I'm looking into a Wii U then. I need to play some Goldeneye 007, Diddy Kong Racing, and Conker.
If you can wait a few months I reckon they'll get pretty cheap now with the Switch out. Nintendo didn't launch a firmware update to reduce piracy for BotW so it's unlikely there will be one (so waiting is only a small risk).

Reactions: Deleted-351540

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Retroarch will soon have a dolphin core, but not on the 3ds.
I guess it can be ran, but not above 3-4 fps.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can wait a few months I reckon they'll get pretty cheap now with the Switch out. Nintendo didn't launch a firmware update to reduce piracy for BotW so it's unlikely there will be one (so waiting is only a small risk).
Well, they fucked up when they accidentally released it to NUS early. But, it also said it needed a SYSTEM update so, maybe it was planned?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And what, pray tell would you want to play from the Gamecube library on your 3DS? Why would you want to play it? If it's portability that you're seeking, I'd wait a few years until the Switch hacking and homebrew scene kicks off; by then there should be a *semi* decent Gamecube emulator on that at least, if not already in its early stages.

Reactions: Quantumcat

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what, pray tell would you want to play from the Gamecube library on your 3DS? Why would you want to play it? If it's portability that you're seeking, I'd wait a few years until the Switch hacking and homebrew scene kicks off; by then there should be a *semi* decent Gamecube emulator on that at least, if not already in its early stages.
We're already "somewhere" with Switch hacking. At least one person is

https://twitter.com/MartinezLaramie

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A nice thought, but ultimately it will give Nintendo more time in the Switch's lifespan to correct these flaws. On the other hand it's nice to see that some level of hacking is already underway, however little.
But it's better than nothing. Give it up to @laramie for reading 230/500 pages while waiting in line for the Switch at midnight

Reactions: TimX24968B

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's better than nothing. Give it up to @laramie for reading 230/500 pages while waiting in line for the Switch at midnight
Oh geez.... Now I feel like a nerd haha. I honestly just needed to know as much as I could about the switch. I'll be starting hardware modding and exploits. I think i'll need to know the ins and outs of this thing first XD

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh geez.... Now I feel like a nerd haha. I honestly just needed to know as much as I could about the switch. I'll be starting hardware modding and exploits. I think i'll need to know the ins and outs of this thing first XD
Well, hopefully you'll be given rightful credit as one of the Switch Homebrew Pioneers! Welcome aboard buddy!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Keep tweeting, I'll enjoy reading stuff you figure out!

Will laramie become the smea of the Switch generation? Watch and find out!

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep tweeting, I'll enjoy reading stuff you figure out!

Will laramie become the smea of the Switch generation? Watch and find out!
You shouldn't compare me to a god xD. Also I don't remember if I tweeted about a super easy way to get web access on the switch, but I did think of a few ways to already exploit this system while in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740