Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
@Plailect There's a slight error in your great guide :

Part 2 says: If you are already on 9.2.0-20, skip to step 18.
Step 18 says: Reinstall menuhax using browserhax and the HomeBrew Launcher (you do not need to reconfigure, just press install in menuhax_manager)

We just installed menuhax in part 1 so there's no need to install it again (since we haven't downgraded), you should replace "18" by "20"
Also, if we skip to step 18 or even 20, then we don't have EmuNAND9 in HBL because we skipped the step 2 that says "Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to root of your SD card"

Last edited by MasterLel,
Reactions: hiten

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three key question that I have about arm9lhax. I have to backups and successful did it.

How do I upgrade my SdCard? Go from a 16gb to 32gb

How do I get rid of the hack and go back to stop? If I wanted to send it to Nintendo

If I get rid of it. What would be an easy way to get it back

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Three key question that I have about arm9lhax. I have to backups and successful did it.

How do I upgrade my SdCard? Go from a 16gb to 32gb

How do I get rid of the hack and go back to stop? If I wanted to send it to Nintendo

If I get rid of it. What would be an easy way to get it back

Save your 9.2 firmware backup in a safe place. My hdd drive got wiped and I now have permanent cfw (still okay, but worried that if it breaks, I can't send it back to Nintendo for repairs). You'd flash it back onto the device when you need to. Of course, when you get it back, you'd have to rehack the system to reinstall AuReiNAND + A9LH onto it.

Upgrading your SD card is easy - just finish installing the hax/cfw, and then copy your files back onto your computer, and then onto your new upgraded SD card. I did it to mine, going from a 16 gigabyte to a 128 gigabyte card. (Very easy!) Edit: If you are using an emunand (eg. 10.7.32 sysnand, and 9.2 emunand) you'd have to copy and inject your emunand onto your new card. There are tools out there to do that..

Last edited by astrangeone,

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately that the only way you can access the homebrew menu. Try to get someone to let you borrow it because if you buy it from a store you won't be able to return it due to the anti/copyright policy

Use ftProny. I never got FBI and sock punch to work for me because I use windows 10
hmm the whole things is weird i checked up the nand i did restore and it was the emunand i did restore so somethings has must gone wrong i think i prefer the old armloader hax feel more safe in someway

Resset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay. The last time I was following this tutorial step by step I bricked my n3DS XL for good. I have a question. Everything went according to plan and after downgrading sysnand to 2.1.0 I couldn't execute any custom code. It had been freezing all the time so I guess it was franken-firmware. How can I avoid this time? Shall I use the other SysUpdater?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been wondering about this for a long time so I'm asking now.

In part 5 (AuReiNand version), why is the Section I full of "copy this payload to /aurei/payloads and rename it whatever" ?
I mean, that's indeed great and stuff to have a lot of tools on boot using keys, but why are these things not in the "Finalising setup" section ? They are not really "Preparatory work" for "Installing arm9loaderhax".

edit I'm posting this because I linked people to that guide and now they are wondering why on earth they can launch Uncart with X, and how they can add other things like that. But of course, if they copied and renamed it thinking it was a prerequisite to "Installing a9lh" and not a bonus while finalising setup, they completely forgot they did it.

Last edited by Hayleia,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Is it normal that my rednand size is not the same as my sysnand size ? Sysnand is 954mb and rednand is 943mb, both sizes are normal but they differs.

Resset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it normal that my rednand size is not the same as my sysnand size ? Sysnand is 954mb and rednand is 943mb, both sizes are normal but they differs.
I have the same question. My RedNAND has 1.300.234.240 bytes and works flawlessly with CakesFW booted in emuNAND mode. SysNAND has exactly 1.979.711.488 bytes. Should I continue or not?
I try to mod n3DS XL with Toshiba NAND.

Last edited by Resset,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Im having troubles with the below:

1. Extract Universal Inject Generater, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder
    2. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
    3. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
Not sure what im doing wrong, dumped hs.app, put both hs.app and FBI.cia into the input folder, but nothing came out like how it should of "FBI_inject_with_banner.app"

Any help please?

Thanks

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having troubles with the below:

1. Extract Universal Inject Generater, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder
    2. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
    3. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
Not sure what im doing wrong, dumped hs.app, put both hs.app and FBI.cia into the input folder, but nothing came out like how it should of "FBI_inject_with_banner.app"

Any help please?

Thanks
I don't know if this has been fixed, but try this version of fbi:
https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/download/1.4.17/FBI.zip

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know if this has been fixed, but try this version of fbi:
https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/download/1.4.17/FBI.zip

Okay thank you ill try it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay thank you ill try it

upload_2016-4-23_0-17-59.png
Not sure what im doing wrong unless its the files or something?

EDIT: Ive fixed it, turns out the "inject.app" was what I needed, thanks for helping though!~

Last edited by proflayton123,
Reactions: Just Passing By

anup756

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
hello..

I have old 3DS, FW 9.2 now
How can I reinstall menuhax in the step 18?

18. Reinstall menuhax using browserhax and the HomeBrew Launcher
(you do not need to reconfigure, just press install in menuhax_manager)

Hey @avocado just follow Part 1 of the tutorial to get to the Menuhax from Browserhax and run HomeBrew Launcher .

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a Gateway user, using Menuhax and CTRBootmanager to launch into gw emunand. do i need to do anything different other than following the guide? I want to switch to Luma3DS and keep all my saves.

Millen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the guide 100%, copied all my files to a new 128GB SD card and now my home menu is blank except for my 2 DSiware games? IE, I had like 15 or so 3DS games some from the eshop some not and they're all gone now, as are any app cia's ive installed with fbi

EDIT: reformatted the new and re-copied the og. SD card when I got home from work, now my theme shuffle is back, and my eShop games have returned :D

@Plailect I just want to say that this guide is incredible, I made this account yesterday just to say thanks. Never had cfw, I only even found *hax in 10.1 via menu/browser. I heard there was a 9.2 downgrade tool and found this post; now I have a setup that's so much more awesome than I imagined :yay3ds:

Last edited by Millen,

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question guys I didn't want to make another thread for it so I'm posting here. Is it normal that my nands became linked after formatting my emunand for the second time(step 34)? I had to install menuhax again through the browser because I changed emunands theme. Could it be that I had to build the database because I couldn't install tinyformat.cia for the second format? I'm at step 6 of Section II Downgrading and I'm afraid of proceeding because there isn't anything about linked nands at this stage.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have a question guys I didn't want to make another thread for it so I'm posting here. Is it normal that my nands became linked after formatting my emunand for the second time(step 34)? I had to install menuhax again through the browser because I changed emunands theme. Could it be that I had to build the database because I couldn't install tinyformat.cia for the second format? I'm at step 6 of Section II Downgrading and I'm afraid of proceeding because there isn't anything about linked nands at this stage.
How did you rebuild the db?[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question: I'm unable to properly downgrade my n3DS 10.7 to 9.2 ("An error has occured" screen on boot after a successfully (?) downgrade).
As everyone keeps telling me, the only resort is to format the console and try again, which should work now.

I'm pretty sad about this, because I have lots of stuff on my 3DS, but however I'm probably going to do it, but are these steps correct?

1) Backup saves with svdt
2) Tinyformat the system
3) Downgrade, A9LH, Luma3DS ecc
4) Reconfigure everything, re-add NNID ecc and restore saves

Or should part 3 and 4 be inverted?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok am i screwed? I managed to downgrade but I get blackscreen when sd card inserted but when I remove it it boots.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...