Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So far, so good...

14617561811060.jpg

SUCCESS! THE RIDE IS ALMOST OVER!!!!!

OTP.BIN DUMPED! :D
14617575411871.jpg

Making a final sysnand+a9lh.bin dump to keep on my PC. Then I'll be all done. :)

Is it safe now to update beyond 9.2U for this 2DS, now that I have A9LH installed?

14617607773650.jpg

LH1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have followed this guide and everything seems fine except when I hold L while booting I get black screens and my N3DS freezes. I am using Luma and holding L while booting should load emunand. Is this normal? My N3DS shows Sys 10.7.0-32U in settings but it has FBI installed is able to install CIS.

Last edited by LH1980,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed this guide and everything seems fine except when I hold L while booting I get black screens and my N3DS freezes. I am using Luma and holding L while booting should load emunand. Is this normal? My N3DS shows Sys 10.7.0-32U in settings but it has FBI installed is able to install CIS.
If you follow the guide to the dot, you removed emuNAND so of course it'll load to a black screen.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I ended up with an upgraded 10.7U emunand transferred to Sysnand, and I love it. Not having an Emunand to fall back on kind of sucks, but since I'm now brick-proof, I can just restore my sysnand from emuNAND_formatted.bin without worries.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I ended up with an upgraded 10.7U emunand transferred to Sysnand, and I love it. Not having an Emunand to fall back on kind of sucks, but since I'm now brick-proof, I can just restore my sysnand from emuNAND_formatted.bin without worries.
If it bothers you, just use emuNAND9 to create a new emuNAND. It's not hard and it only takes ~5 minutes.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If it bothers you, just use emuNAND9 to create a new emuNAND. It's not hard and it only takes ~5 minutes.
Nah, I'm not bothered by it really. But I am going to invest in a 64GB SD card. Any recommendations for brands or speed?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I'm not bothered by it really. But I am going to invest in a 64GB SD card. Any recommendations for brands or speed?
Samsung seems to be a brand that many people like. SanDisk is another that will work just fine. Just get a class 10 (which is the default for many it seems now) for sure.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Samsung seems to be a brand that many people like. SanDisk is another that will work just fine. Just get a class 10 (which is the default for many it seems now) for sure.
Instead of class 10, is UHS 1 any good? (Does anything above class 10 matter?)

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of class 10, is UHS 1 any good? (Does anything above class 10 matter?)
Tbh, I'm not the guy to ask about sd cards. Although I highly doubt a 3ds utalizes a UHS to its fullest potential. Get it if you want, but I don't think it'll make a huge difference.

captainlouie

Trophies
XP
Country
As a newbie on 3ds hack, I followed this guide and thankfully everything went smooth. So what do i need to know from now on? Is it safe to update whenever a new update comes? Is it safe to play online? Is it safe to link my nnid and using eshop ?

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
As a newbie on 3ds hack, I followed this guide and thankfully everything went smooth. So what do i need to know from now on? Is it safe to update whenever a new update comes? Is it safe to play online? Is it safe to link my nnid and using eshop ?
I am also wondering this...

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also wondering this...
With Luma3ds, you should be able to update anytime now. And playing online is fine (cia) as long as you don't do something stupid like use cheats and get yourself flagged and banned. And linking your nnid is ok.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

fitz420

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in thinking that after following this guide and running a cfw sysnand with no emunand, upgrading to a new SD card basically just involved formatting it, and copying the files from one to another?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.