Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a normal case described in the Troubleshooting section https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/w...lack-screen-on-sysnand-boot-after-downgrading
Basically, boot without an SD card, the insert the SD back in, then just follow the rest of the guide.

Ok I managed to get my OTP , restore my sysnand but I'm now getting black screen after installing the hax. I followed the troubleshooting section according it something else is broken my 3ds is not bricked because with the test payload i can turn off the device with A button. so what should i do next?

Edit : I'm trying to install Luma3DS

Edit 2 : Ok I was able to fix it by double checking all the files and copying them again. Now I'm continuing on restoring my emunand.

Last edited by kheldar,

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the setup of one of my consoles to A9LH. I didn't have any problems beyond booting Luma3DS config on Part 5 (where I just had to hold Select). I'm really impressed with A9LH after having emuNAND setup for so long.

Good stuff. Thanks.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I finally joined to the masterrace but I'm having a serious problem after setting up Luma3DS. Seconds after launching into updated sysnand 10.7 and navigating through my programs the device freezes. no blackscreen. just freeze. what might be causing this? I have themeshuffle setup from chmm2 . could it be this?

I'm using a default theme but the issue is still occuring and it's pretty annoying. It occurs randomly while navigating through titles on my home menu.

Last edited by kheldar,

Millen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally joined to the masterrace but I'm having a serious problem after setting up Luma3DS. Seconds after launching into updated sysnand 10.7 and navigating through my programs the device freezes. no blackscreen. just freeze. what might be causing this? I have themeshuffle setup from chmm2 . could it be this?

I'm using a default theme but the issue is still occuring and it's pretty annoying. It occurs randomly while navigating through titles on my home menu.

Do you know that Luma3DS is compatible with A9LH? I've never heard of it, and I thought only AuReiNAND was

edit; I'm an idiot, apparently ARN got renamed and they're the same thing. Stuff changes fast and quietly here <.<

Last edited by Millen,

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just read the guide, and am confused by what's the difference between RedNAND and EmuNAND. Was EmuNAND just renamed to RedNand in the month or two I've stopped checking on homebrew? Or is there something else going on? I searched it up, and I didn't find an explanation (that or I'm blind).

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok: I have been trying something for about 4 hrs and I have now given up.. if any one can help please??

I want to make my OOT cart a hack cart, using my GW and 3DS.
Schizoanalysis's Test:
(Aus)New 3DS firmware: 9.0E
OoT: Front - LNA-CTR-AQEP-AUS Back - AQEP510192
Working: YES

Spade.AU's Test:
N3DS XL firmware - 9.0.0-20E
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-AUS
Back: AQEP510192
Working y/n - Yes
Purchased: Near launch
I have Old 3DS 4.2.0.9E with Emunand 9.7.0.25E
I have GW card (3.7.1 ultra) with Cubic Ninja on, I have used the QR scanner to install ninjhax 2.6 gamma.
I use ninjhax to boot HBL = no problem*
I found the OOT3DHAX offline installer as I read >2.1 doesnt work... do I need 2.1 or which version?
<I dont know what payload to download otherapp/rop >
I have tried all versions I could think of (4.2.0.9 rop/4.2.0.9other/9.7.0.25rop/9.7.0.25other)
I renamed these files to payload.bin within the 3ds/oot3dhax_installer folder.
In HBL oot3dhax installer asks for target, it shows cubic (gateway) I remote it and put in OOT3d, but target never shows me the cart.
I selected sys (spanner) option and oot3dhax installer loads
I cannot get oothax to write save data.
I have error code C92044EB - googled it ... no such code exists!?

Normally I dont have issues, and I try and try until i succeed, Today I cannot.

*Cubic ninja rom keeps corrupting after try to write data to oot cart, so I need to rewrite rom to GW then reinstall ninjhax

I have read and re-read and TBH I feel stupid asking, but I'm at THAT point now...

Any better ideas to achieve same thing? or any hints as to what I could be doing better?

Many thanks in advance.

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it matters if i have the Toshiba NAND: 1.979.711.488 bytes = 1.84GB? since red nand shirinks the nand size does it affects copying over emunand to sysnand to get the otp? this question is driving me nuts.

Millen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok: I have been trying something for about 4 hrs and I have now given up.. if any one can help please??

Normally I dont have issues, and I try and try until i succeed, Today I cannot.

*Cubic ninja rom keeps corrupting after try to write data to oot cart, so I need to rewrite rom to GW then reinstall ninjhax

I have read and re-read and TBH I feel stupid asking, but I'm at THAT point now...

Any better ideas to achieve same thing?
or any hints as to what I could be doing better?

Many thanks in advance.

I can't help with anything gateway, but I just paid 17 dollars on amazon for a datel powersaves. Activated it and then within a few minutes I was in the HBL on stock v10.7u; I never even bothered installing menuhax while following the guide, I just swapped hax save files for 9.2/10.7 payloads as needed.

So, if you can't figure it out or no one can help, it's always an option.

does it matters if i have the Toshiba NAND: 1.979.711.488 bytes = 1.84GB? since red nand shirinks the nand size does it affects copying over emunand to sysnand to get the otp? this question is driving me nuts.

Shouldn't. My NAND is 943MB, now my a9lh sysNAND after flashing the redNAND to it is 556MB. I didn't really check the size of the rednand before but I assume it was always 556MB, even during the OTP grab and I had no issues.

Last edited by Millen,
Reactions: KiiWii

anup756

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Ok I managed to get my OTP , restore my sysnand but I'm now getting black screen after installing the hax. I followed the troubleshooting section according it something else is broken my 3ds is not bricked because with the test payload i can turn off the device with A button. so what should i do next?

Edit : I'm trying to install Luma3DS

Edit 2 : Ok I was able to fix it by double checking all the files and copying them again. Now I'm continuing on restoring my emunand.
Did you format your 128GB SD card properly to FAT32? The mistake I did was formatting it through windows default formatting option. It formatted the card into exFAT. Use something like Fat32 disk Formatter.

Firemoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any homebrew or game launcher that we can use for cheats? There is so much we can do with arm9loader yet I didn't hears of anyway to do that.

anup756

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Do you guys know if there is a way to update FBI from 1.4 to 2.0 in Health and Safety Information app? I was able to install a new CIA but it didn't replace 1.4 and added a new app instead. I saw that there was a new release and it has a clean UI and a lot more features.

Millen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys know if there is a way to update FBI from 1.4 to 2.0 in Health and Safety Information app? I was able to install a new CIA but it didn't replace 1.4 and added a new app instead. I saw that there was a new release and it has a clean UI and a lot more features.

Actually you cannot, since version 2.0 FBI doesn't work when injected into health and safety. Just use the 1.4 FBI to install the .cia for the latest version, or go through the HBL.

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you cannot, since version 2.0 FBI doesn't work when injected into health and safety. Just use the 1.4 FBI to install the .cia for the latest version, or go through the HBL.
mine did work from health and safety using 2.1.1 tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1