• Replies 214
  • Likes 34

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I face an issue with FTP everywhere (CBCH and MOCHA version).

I tried to dump Fast Racing Neo :
- eveything is ok on the game's files (content, meta and code folders)
- i've got an error on ogl files of the update and DLC (content/audio)

I've tried FileZilla, WinScp as FTP client : all report the same error.

There is also ogl files in the game's folder and i can download them without any issue.
It seems that only files from update and DLC cause transfer errors.

I've tried anonymous and normal login and to change the transfert type (auto / binary) but no way.
I've tried to download another file type (tex) and it works .... ???

Have you got an idea ?

Thanks by advance.

EDIT : tried with re-installing the game, update and DLC => same error on same file (the game runs great)

Wii-U 5.5.3E, CBCH, ftpiiu everywhere v0.4u2

EDIT2 : SOLVED -> https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/eo0agx/why_dumping_games_using_ftpeverywhere_fails_on/

Last edited by Laf111,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I face an issue with FTP everywhere (CBCH and MOCHA version).

I tried to dump Fast Racing Neo :
- eveything is ok on the game's files (content, meta and code folders)

I've tried FileZilla, WinScp as FTP client : all report the same error.

There is also ogl files in the game's folder and i can download them without any issue.
It seems that only files from update and DLC cause transfer errors.

I've tried anonymous and normal login and to change the transfert type (auto / binary) but no way.
I've tried to download another file type (tex) and it works .... ???

Have you got an idea ?

Thanks by advance.

Wii-U 5.5.3E, CBCH, ftpiiu everywhere v0.4u2
Try to run other hack like th sig patches one. I remember using other hack in order to dump some stuff... but I'm not sure.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error number in FTPiiU tells you the problem. Error 550 is an access denied / insufficient permissions error. You'd have to know how to leverage iosuhax or fshax to get around the permissions.

Why don't you just download and extract the update on your PC using JNUSTool instead of copying the files from the system? That would be cleaner, and you can get either extracted files or installable files.

Reactions: Cyan

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already looked if an error code was rised but unfortunately there isn't. Nothing in the server log !
Only on FTP client side an 'ERROR when copying the remote file" which is the same error reported with FilleZilla and WinScp

- i tried to create a file XX.ogl in the remote repository : OK (with no permissions issues)
- download the file created : OK (but i created a ASCII file and not binary one)

That makes me think that i haven't tried to make a copy the faulty file (01.ogl [1.6Mb] for example) in the remote folder before trying to download it. I'll try when i'll be at home.

I don't know what's going on but as i said earlier, i can download tex files without any issue.

To answer to your last question, i'm working on this : https://github.com/Laf111/CEMU-Batch-Framework/blob/master/README.md (my goal is to dump and prepare game for emulation)

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Laf111,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(my goal is to dump and prepare game for emulation)
I understand that you want this to be a feature of your project, but you're at the mercy of the FTP server. Neither Fix94 nor Dimok wanted to bypass permissions on the WiiU in the FTP servers they created for general use. (too dangerous in the wrong hands)

Yes, you can create other files and copy those back because they don't have the permissions assigned to them. You won't be able to copy the troublesome files on the WiiU itself either (using wupclient for example) because you can't read them. (if you could read them, you could retrieve them)

FSHax was supposed to be a workaround for those types of access issues, but AboodXD's compile of Mocha w/FSHax didn't work for this case. (I tried it, and it returned a 550 Success, which still means Access Denied.)

I haven't tried a FSHax patched fw.img, but that's probably beyond your audience's technical level anyway.

You could always build a read-only FTP server that mounts the iosuhax node, if you're up to speed on WiiU development.

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand that you want this to be a feature of your project, but you're at the mercy of the FTP server. Neither Fix94 nor Dimok wanted to bypass permissions on the WiiU in the FTP servers they created for general use. (too dangerous in the wrong hands)

Yes, you can create other files and copy those back because they don't have the permissions assigned to them. You won't be able to copy the troublesome files on the WiiU itself either (using wupclient for example) because you can't read them. (if you could read them, you could retrieve them)

FSHax was supposed to be a workaround for those types of access issues, but AboodXD's compile of Mocha w/FSHax didn't work for this case. (I tried it, and it returned a 550 Success, which still means Access Denied.)

I haven't tried a FSHax patched fw.img, but that's probably beyond your audience's technical level anyway.

You could always build a read-only FTP server that mounts the iosuhax node, if you're up to speed on WiiU development.

Thanks for this !

_Shmubby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Need help: I've been installing TEKKEN through FTPiiU using sp3off's Tutorial Link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...drive-without-any-fat32-hdd-using-ftp.474483/ for about 3 days now (it's a big file ) and on the fourth day, I open it, it says 550

success, (Which is already fixed ) but now I've got a new problem which is " Could not retrieve directory listing Closing data connection, an error occurred during transfer" I have CBHC and have the CBHC version of FTPiiU

*EDIT: I'm using WinSCP to transfer the files

Last edited by _Shmubby,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
necesito mapear la nand de mi wii u
is that a question or an affirmation?
in both case, "okay", just do that.
if you want to access your console's internal files, ftpiiu is the tool to use.
just be careful not to delete anything important.
if you want to access the SD file without ejecting it, it's also the good tool.

Didn't you notice it's an english forum? if you don't understand english, why create an account on a forum you don't understand?
if you do, please, use english only.
Thank you.

Last edited by Cyan,

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Cyan First of all I must thank you for making this tool, it's been really really useful!

I unfortunately I don't own a gamepad (got my wiiu for ~$35), so my question is if it's possible use a controller (pro or remote) to exit out of the application by pressing "home"? This would be the last piece of the puzzle to get rid of any gamepad -dependencies.

This is what I can run w/o the gamepad (w/o the use of DRC-SIM) using a controller:
  • Execute Mocha CFW ( self-hosted from the browser using a modded index.html, also a modded index.xml for the mii channel),
  • Navigate homebrew launcher (modded to enable controller navigation using the +-button)
  • Navigate WUP installer Y mod (modded version to enable controller navigation)
I can start FTPiiU everywhere, but I just cant exit it w/o simulating the gamepad.

Thank you so much man!

Last edited by jacobsson,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't make it.
I only posted the information about Dimok porting FTPii (wii) to the WiiU.

sources are available, and it's possible to change the mapping.
I don't usually build wiiu apps, so I'm not sure I could do it myself. but someone more into WiiU could easily change that.

Reactions: jacobsson

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Cyan Thanks for the feast reply!
I'll guess I have to read up on it to fix this myself. unfortunately I've been beaten down by toolchains and cross-compilers setup process in other projects before, so I really hope the wii-u scene has some nice setup guide in here (will start looking asap). If you have any pointers I'm all ears!

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Cyan So I'm in the rabbit hole now trying to build this project so that I have a baseline (I have mange to build a "helloworld" test at least).

I just can't figure out what version of devkitPro I'm suppose to be using r27? I know about this archive so that should help: https://wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/

I totally understand if you don't want to act tech support but I thought I might at least ask. Thanks mate!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the problem is I don't remember how everything was setup to compile wiiu apps.
for the Wii I know, but for WiiU I forgot. there were additional libraries and python script, and few things like that to gather in different folders. I don't think I compiled any wiiu project. I'm sorry I can't be helpful here.

Reactions: jacobsson

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the problem is I don't remember how everything was setup to compile wiiu apps.
for the Wii I know, but for WiiU I forgot. there were additional libraries and python script, and few things like that to gather in different folders. I don't think I compiled any wiiu project. I'm sorry I can't be helpful here.
Ah I understand, it is what it is!
I think this might have to be the end of my journey then. It sounds like a puzzle I wont be able to solve during a less active community.
Anyway, much thanks for providing this software!

Edit: if there is any other FTP apps for wiiu you think I have better luck building/modding I'm all ears.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember other ftp.
there is a debugger server/client with command line which allow access of files on computer, but it's slow.
you need to use Mocha as CFW (not haxchi or cbhc) with the wup server debugger option enabled (if there is an option, if not it's always active), then you use wup client (python) on computer.
https://github.com/FIX94/iosuhax/tree/master/wupserver

Last edited by Cyan,

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Cyan Thanks for the info, I might look into it!
I have a more unrelated question if you don't mind me asking:
What it stopping us from FTPing games in title-folder format straight to the wii U's nand or wii U formated USB drive (skipping wup installer etc)?
Is it a encryption signing process that we haven't figured out yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1