How to Install Sonic Mania in Wii U

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The first thing to do is download the file from GitHub: https://github.com/Clownacy/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation/releases/tag/v0.2
you have to download your version of Mania, normal or Plus

when you have the file you will need the "Data.rsdk" file from your copy of Sonic Mania for PC, I recommend that you have SonicMania.rpx or SonicManiaplus.rpx and Data.rsdk in the same folder for the following steps
1661637345701.png

Now I will use FTPiiU and FileZilla to put the files in the SD, but you can do the same process with your SD connected to your PC

now in the "wiiu/ apps" directory copy the .rpx file or if you like to create a folder called Sonic Mania and copy it there
1661637726957.png

now in the root of the SD you create a folder called "RSDK", inside the "RSDK" folder you create a called "v5" and inside "v5" copies Data.rsdk, in the end it will look like this: [sd card]/RSDK /v5/Data.rsdk

1661638242271.png

and congratulations you will have Sonic Mania/Sonic Mania plus on Wii U, when you open it you will have to wait for it to load (a black screen) but after a while the Sonic Mania logo will appear, if it stays on the black screen try to press start

HeliusRa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried this method, it apeears on the Homebrew Launcher without an image, the started bu nothig happends, my Wii U stay ein a black screen and nothing work, have to force a shutdown to restart the Wii U, I do as this page says to my SD card, Any ideas what is missing?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need an icon for the hbl folder, they are everywhere, a few in the other thread... And the game takes about 40 seconds to boot.

Other than that your folder structure or your RSDK is wrong?

Reactions: HeliusRa

HeliusRa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need an icon for the hbl folder, they are everywhere, a few in the other thread... And the game takes about 40 seconds to boot.

Other than that your folder structure or your RSDK is wrong?
Thanks for the answer, I will try it when I returned to home, I double check the path of the folders for both files, well it seems that I need to check other 2 times, hope this help

Reactions: Lostbhoy

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just tried out this. Works great!
I noticed that it have the same issue as the Vita version. The bonus stage where you are chasing that running thing runs slower.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom