Homebrew Official ftpiiu

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 159,916
  • Replies 214
  • Likes 34
D

Deleted User

I want to inject my mod files into Super Mario Maker. They work on Cafiine and SD Cafiine, but no luck on permanent NAND injection. The game just hangs.
That's not possible for now. You would need to rewrite some parts for it to launch.

Shirakami

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unfortunately, I am tranfering with 140kb/s too. Pretty much completely useless if it takes more than 24h of transfering a single game.

I'm using Mocha redNAND (also tried Mocha FSHax) with ftpiiu everywhere. Both, win10 and filezilla client on PC have the same transferspeed. I noticed that, if I transfer files to the redNAND instead of SD/USB its twice as fast... but still not even half a megabyte per second.

Is there still no fix for it?

Edit: It appears that for the SD card I get around 1mb/s... still only 140 for the USB device.

Last edited by Shirakami,

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, i can connect just fine, but its all empty, when i connect to the ftpserver... does this program need a specific list command? LIST and STAT -L dont work
EDIT: when i open it in my webbrowser it shows me the /sd/ folder. So i i told my ftpclient to directly go to /sd/ and then it works... very weird

Last edited by fudgi,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I don't think it has been covered yet in this thread.

For those that are thinking of getting the USB LAN adapter, assuming the that the transfer speed will be any better, don't bother, there is little improvement over Wifi and the transfer rate is still capped at around 1.2mb a second, so there is a bottleneck somewhere.

Using FIX94's FTPiiU Everywhere:
Test: 300mb file transfer to SD CARD.
FTP Client: FileZilla

Wifi (no CFW): Average of 550kb/s (4.5m (14.7ft) line of sight from my Wifi Router)
LAN (no CFW): Average of 650kb/s

Wifi (with Haxchi CFW): Average of 1mb/s (4.5m (14.7ft) line of sight from my Wifi Router)
LAN (with Haxchi CFW): Average of 1.2mb/s

The USB LAN adapter was an $9 eBay Chinese knock off edition.

I do a lot of VC injects so it would be nice to have a fast FTP transfer speed so I can transfer files to the SD Card for testing instead of constantly removing the SD CARD to copy files over.

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am having problems using ftpiiu everywhere v0.4u2 on CBHC.
CBHC is booting to SysMenu. Starting HBL. And then starting ftpiiu.

I am trying to edit saves in user folder on external hdd.
Tranfering those files to pc with FileZilla or WinSCP is working fine.
Deleting the save on the wiiu is also possible.

But trying to upload an edited save results in corrupted game saves/files.
Transfering those edited files with Saviine is working fine.

Trying to rename files with FileZilla in Wiiu is not possible.

Dassaker5221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with it. FTPiiU is definitely working I can access everything that's on my SD card. But no system files are there. It worked before and I havent changed anything since then so I'm not sure what the deal is. Wondering if anyone can help me.

Edit: Just needed FTPiiU Everywhere. I figured it out.

Last edited by Dassaker5221,

racertj5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use this for the one or 2 wii u games I can't fit on my SD card? I usually use Wup installer gx2 but my only card over 16gb is a class 1

Xerkies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply saying it doesn't work doesn't help much, first question, what FTP program are you using, are you entering the correct IP address and port number that is shown on the GamePad?
Well else what would I say? I have no clue what to do! That what literally shows as the error.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What else you can say?...why don't you start by answering the question in my previous reply, what FTP program on your PC are you using to try and connect to your WiiU?

Before we go any further, what is it exactly you using FTPiiU for? What are you trying to achieve? Example: Are you using FTPiiU to copy files from your PC to the WiiU?

Xerkies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else you can say?...why don't you start by answering the question in my previous reply, what FTP program on your PC are you using to try and connect to your WiiU?

Before we go any further, what is it exactly you using FTPiiU for? What are you trying to achieve? Example: Are you using FTPiiU to copy files from your PC to the WiiU?
Forget it

Xerkies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was grump because there was a lot of problems i had modding the wii U xD
Yes indeed you have no clue. Not only was that expected behavior but you don't even seem to know what FTP is for. Read this and the top post.
I wanted it to use it as an file manger. Plus the reason why it doesn't work because the application is corrupted.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to view the contents of the RedNand with FTPiiU Everywhere? I sorta broke my RedNand by deleting 21 GB of data off it at once, which caused ??? icons to appear where the deleted icons were. Trying to delete them makes the music halt, and says, "There's a system-memory error. Please turn off the console."
I want to try to directly delete them with FTPiiU Everywhere but I'm not sure how to access RedNand with it. Any help?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
be sure you don't have CBHC installed, then format your console.
it's probably the fastest way to fix it.

messing with the file system is more dangerous. if you mess it you can't boot anymore.
did you make a NAND backup ? you could restore it with a hardware flasher if you did.

did you follow the instruction I gave to backup all your savegames (in case you want to backup them ?).
then, delete all games and/or reinstall, if allowed to reinstall.
if not, format it (without CBHC!)

Last edited by Cyan,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be sure you don't have CBHC installed, then format your console.
it's probably the fastest way to fix it.

messing with the file system is more dangerous. if you mess it you can't boot anymore.
did you make a NAND backup ? you could restore it with a hardware flasher if you did.

did you follow the instruction I gave to backup all your savegames (in case you want to backup them ?).
then, delete all games and/or reinstall, if allowed to reinstall.
if not, format it (without CBHC!)
No, this is a problem with RedNand. My SysNand is fine. I think you have the misconception that I'm using RedNand to run CFW. I have CFW in my SysNand, and I created a RedNand to mess around. However, there is a problem with my RedNand, so I need a way to access the hidden partition. My computer doesn't see it, so can FTPiiU Everywhere see it?
Also, about it being bad to mess with the filesystem–isn't the point of a RedNand to mess around and test stuff?

Last edited by SirNapkin1334,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...