"Fortunately, we have a product" for those that can't connect: "It's called Xbox 360."

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
God damnit...why wasn't I the interviewer on that show? :(

Don Mattrick: Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity. It's called Xbox 360.
Taleweaver: yes. Or you can get a next gen console. I hear they're revealing one of those in the other room. :)

<awkward silence>

Don Mattrick: erm...well...we at microsoft believe that the internet is the future. Surely you agree.
Taleweaver: as a means to reinforce...wait...why does it need the internet for, again?
Don Mattrick: to make sure that you're properly connected. Also, producers could make use of cloud services to have calculations in the cloud.
Taleweaver: Yes, I bet EA will be thrilled to hear that. But is it worth it at the cost of customer satisfaction?
Don Mattrick: it's not at their cost. I mean...there aren't that many families without internet, nowadays.
Taleweaver: tell me about it. Is that why you won't release the xbox one in Azian countries like Japan right away? Because of poor internet?
Don Mattrick: ...
Don Mattrick: damnit. We weren't supposed to reveal that already. :(

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm really surprised how people complain about data caps on consoles. If you play online multiplayer, the callback of the XBOne is not your concern with the data caps. If you don't play online, but have an internet connection, the callback isn't your concern as it won't be sending and receiving hundreds of MBs of info. I doubt the console will call daily if it's not used. If it does, no one makes you keep it plugged in. For example I have a remote controlled plug on my whole TV set (TV, DAC, 2x Speakers, Subwoofer, PS3, 360, PS2, Wii+HDD). If I'm not watching TV or playing a game, the power usage of the devices is 0W (and no internet downloads!).

On the topic itself.. "We have Windows XP and 7. No need for you to move onto Windows 8 if you don't want to buy a touch screen computer". Sure the 360 is extremely good value at the current time if someone doesn't have one (especially if they don't have a PS3 either), but the comment is so absurdly stupid that someone should be slapped. Not in the kinky way, but just slapped for being plain stupid and saying something like this in an interview.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow... that statement really hits hard. I'm about 5 grandma pinches and kick to the shin away from a tear but for now I'd just like to say GFY to this exec..

My mind has been made and a PS4 and WiiU will be picked up. I'll wait a few years for their usual OS and hardware changes to see if it's even worth it down the line.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
microsoft's pr has been horrible these past few months...:rofl2: they fire that 1 twitter dude and now this guy opens his mouth and tells the TRUTH..bwahhwwah

:yayps3:

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this says it nicely

tumblr_mo8gyw28jF1rmvijso1_500.gif

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, you have to have a 720p+ tv in order to play the Xbox One...? Half the TVs in our house aren't HD. "We've got a product for people who don't have HD TVs. It's called an Xbox 360."

And they dictate the minimum distance between you and the Xbox One too...
It's the same with the PS4. The Wii U is the only console this gen to support component/composite as well.

It's not just a problem for CRT. This means it won't work with first or second gen HDTV's, because those used component.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same with the PS4. The Wii U is the only console this gen to support component/composite as well.

It's not just a problem for CRT. This means it won't work with first or second gen HDTV's, because those used component.
That probably gets rid of half of our HDTVs, too. I guess their logic is "If they can afford this console, then they already have HDTVs."

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the only games that required PSN Plus were ones you wanted to play multiplayer on.
Maybe so. I making mistakes tonight, it's pretty late. I should go to bed.

But I won't. I'm going to wait until I say something that completely tarnishes my reputation (or what little is left to tarnish), then finally admit defeat and fall asleep.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe so. I making mistakes tonight, it's pretty late. I should go to bed.

But I won't. I'm going to wait until I say something that completely tarnishes my reputation (or what little is left to tarnish), then finally admit defeat and fall asleep.
If you don't think every child in the world should get cancer, you hate America. There, reputation tarnished. Go to bed, mister.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity. It's called Xbox 360."

I thought I saw a bit a arrogance as he was saying that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone