"Fortunately, we have a product" for those that can't connect: "It's called Xbox 360."

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isn't the Xbox 360 usually the console of choice for low-income families? And also, the console of choice for children over the PS3?
So yeah, imagine the fall-out when unaware parents buy their kids the newest Xbox to shut their kids up, and they can't even play the system because they're too inept to get it online.
They'll return the XBone when it's not in working order, and maybe if they do get it working the Kinect sensor will end up looking at the kids playing Call of Duty and decide "Nope, you're too young to be playing this game!"

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how MS can be so full of its own BS. Arrogance killed Atari and hampered the ps3 in the beginning. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if MS said something like, "Have red hair? We have a system for you. The 360. It doesn't require Kinnect to scan your face. I don't know what its like to have red hair, but hey I'd be disappointed too. Our market research indicates most of our players aren't redheads."

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comcast has a 250 GB cap, but they don't tell you that.

That's quite the cap :blink:. I wish I had what my university had, a lavish 100 mbps connection, but me? I'm stuck with some POS company who was supposed to provide us students with "sufficient speeds to suit our basic needs". ROFL yeah right. I'm lucky to get 3 mbps on this thing.

Im lucky to get 1 mbps >:l

IM AMERICAN GODDAMMIT!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what caps are like. 50mbps down, no data cap. :o

Microsoft is making me want the One less and less. I have no problem getting online, ever, but they're being total douches.

Indeed. If they're trying to appeal to the masses it ain't gonna work. I find a Sony + Nintendo combination far more appealing (oh, wait, I've been like that since my brother gave us his PS2 back in 2004) :P

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be funny if Sony responded with a video about this.
Shu Yoshida says, "We have a system for those without internet." He then hands Adam Boyes a PS4, and he goes, "Thanks!"
not gonna work, they had games that wont play if you don't update the firmware (at least on psp?) and without online connection you wont be able to do so(unless the update comes with the game like 3ds retail games)

PyoundCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the Xbox 360 usually the console of choice for low-income families? And also, the console of choice for children over the PS3?
360 is more expensive than ps3.
It's 250 for a 250gb standalone 360 console, and 270 for a 250gb PS3 bundle. Only cheap 360s are the 4gb refurbs.
This is excluding a live subscription fee. Wii's are usually the console of choice for low-income families, but are overlooked cause kids demand call of duty.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not gonna work, they had games that wont play if you don't update the firmware (at least on psp?) and without online connection you wont be able to do so(unless the update comes with the game like 3ds retail games)
Of course the updates come with the games, I think it's been that way for both the PS3 and PSP and probably PS Vita as well. Anything else would be stupid for multiple reasons.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

xbone is going to lose.
Wasn't sure which section to put this in

Moderator Note: Threads Merged

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see the issue people are having with this, but to play devil's advocate here:

1. If you don't have enough money for an internet connection, you probably don't have enough money for an Xbox One.
2. Nobody who reads this doesn't have internet access.
3. Online multiplayer is a huge component of many console games nowadays, which, obviously, requires an internet connection anyway.
4. The next gen single player games seem to integrate multiplayer into them using persistent worlds and community events. Will single player really continue to be the "best" way to play story driven games going forward?

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intrusive DRM makes it's way to consoles now, and they justify it by saying piracy is an industry crashing issue (newsflash, it isn't or the industry would have crashed long ago). It all comes down to corporations trying to squeeze every little dollar out of the consumers at the cost of the consumer experience. I think I'll get a PS4 instead, sony's consoles tend to be made better anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol