Xbox 360 Ring of lights raspberry pi

hecker_isaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have this 2011 Xbox 360 Slim that I got from a friend for free but it had water or some liquid spilled all over it. I was thinking about putting a raspberry pi zero (since I have one laying around) in it and having it set up with Retropie. I kinda want this thing to look like an Xbox 360 still and be able to use the ring of lights and the controller receiver. ik this may seem kinda dumb considering Retropie cant emulate any Xbox games but I want to give this back to my friend once I'm done with it since I know they love playing retro games and its the nostalgia part of it being in his childhood Xbox.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have this 2011 Xbox 360 Slim that I got from a friend for free but it had water or some liquid spilled all over it. I was thinking about putting a raspberry pi zero (since I have one laying around) in it and having it set up with Retropie. I kinda want this thing to look like an Xbox 360 still and be able to use the ring of lights and the controller receiver. ik this may seem kinda dumb considering Retropie cant emulate any Xbox games but I want to give this back to my friend once I'm done with it since I know they love playing retro games and its the nostalgia part of it being in his childhood Xbox.
You might want to tear down the console to check for any corrosion.

hecker_isaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was pretty bad?
the whole motherboard... almost every solderpad has rust on it, the metal case has a little but i think itll come off so that can be saved. the disk tray got water inside of it when i tore it down it had mortal kombat in it and it brought back a lot of memories of when i used to play it with my aunt. also the ring of lights look just fine. but i tried 3 diffrent power adapters to get it to turn on and nothing, the internals r pretty much an expencive paper weight :c

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the whole motherboard... almost every solderpad has rust on it, the metal case has a little but i think itll come off so that can be saved. the disk tray got water inside of it when i tore it down it had mortal kombat in it and it brought back a lot of memories of when i used to play it with my aunt. also the ring of lights look just fine. but i tried 3 diffrent power adapters to get it to turn on and nothing, the internals r pretty much an expencive paper weight :c
That's going to be a lot to repair, you might as well get a replacement motherboard for cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto