Hacking [Fixed] Xenoblade X on spoofed 5.5.0!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
loadiine don't need it and won't even access the DLC files.
eShop version don't need it, it's already installed on flash or usb, no disc access slowdown.
it's only an official method to install the game to HDD, as the WiiU (or Nintendo?) doesn't allow developers to copy disc to HDD, they are forced to release game files as free DLC.
It's likely a restriction from Nintendo. I vaguely remember Mario Kart Wii channel that the disc installed being used for something. At least I think so. I need a brain journal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I think so too, to prevent releasing games with HDD or USB access which could be used as vulnerability/exploit.
It's certainly possible to write to another path (even just the DLC folder) but would require write access. instead of using /vol/aoc/ they could use the full path instead.

I went to the shop today again, they still didn't receive any copy :(
that's really not well played by nintendo to not print enough copy for games they know will have lot of demands. do they expect all users to buy the eShop version ?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, I think so too, to prevent releasing games with HDD or USB access which could be used as vulnerability/exploit.
It's certainly possible to write to another path (even just the DLC folder) but would require write access. instead of using /vol/aoc/ they could use the full path instead.

I went to the shop today again, they still didn't receive any copy :(
that's really not well played by nintendo to not print enough copy for games they know will have lot of demands. do they expect all users to buy the eShop version ?

Edit: Mario_Tennis_Ultra_Smash_READNFO_USA-WiiU-PACT just released, but no Xeno dump yet
You can always buy it on ebay.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Xenoblade-Ch...sh=item280cb5e463:g:ANgAAOSwys5WWIFH#shpCntId
I think it is not much more expensive than in the normal shop (just like 4€ more expensive because of shipping)

PS: And do not believe the details regarding language in that publication, the box is universal, I bought mine here in Germany and the box text comes in many languages (text on the box is in English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Itailan and erm... something that uses Cyrillic, perhaps Russian), the same as text in the game.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Cyan

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine backup I made works well in Mii Maker mode. Can't test SSB mode. Played for an hour and saves are saving/loading, SD card loading is also much faster than disc-only loading so there's definitely no need for the DLC packs

Managed to compress the entire game down to 9.5GB B-)

blurx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine backup I made works well in Mii Maker mode. Can't test SSB mode. Played for an hour and saves are saving/loading, SD card loading is also much faster than disc-only loading so there's definitely no need for the DLC packs

Does Loadiine 3.0 work with it?

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

how did you actually dump it? when i try it, all that dumpiine shows up is a 16mb file called "spaceTravel.rpx"

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you actually dump it? when i try it, all that dumpiine shows up is a 16mb file called "spaceTravel.rpx"
That's the executable, you also need to dump the content directory using TCP gecko. I followed the guide "the definitive guide" under stickies in this forum

Reactions: paulloeduardo

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read FSA takes forever and does nothing until the console crashes...

Same happening here.
After "Read FSA", the cursors starts spinning and the title bar has "Not Responding" for a few minutes, and then the game freezes. Then of course TCPGecko disconnects.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try leaving the game in the settings menu (select settings from the title screen)

Also the program will say Not Responding for 10-15 minutes before you finally see the directory tree show up. EDIT: This is apparently CPU dependent and I have a 4.4Ghz processor so it could take significantly longer than this if you're on a slower machine :unsure:

Last edited by Kohmei,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Start a game, skip intros, create a char, pause when you can move around.

Reading FSA is slow bcus it works only with ~15KB/s and takes ages to respond.

If a .net error appears after pressing read fsa, just ignore it. My dump is almost finished ;)

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
left it in settings menu, crashed game again after less than 5mins. i7 4771k @ 3,50Ghz.

meh~ im close to giving up...

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when the game crashes for you?
Since I was actually online when I did this, I got "Disconnected from server" error after about 5 minutes which I thought meant I screwed it up, but it was actually just the game disconnecting from the game servers, since it connects at startup. I just left the error message up there and continued dumping

Also I updated my game to 1.0.1U (v16?) before doing any of this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy