Hacking [Fixed] Xenoblade X on spoofed 5.5.0!

bajul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm working on a personal backup of the disc right now and the content directory alone is going to take 8-10 hours to build. If I were to then theoretically upload the backup files of a 22.7GB game on my 3Mbps upstream, it would take an additional 18 hours. Long story short: I imagine it will take a good deal of time to pop up anywhere besides your local Best Buy
I am waiting thanks :bow:

Reactions: paulloeduardo

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm working on a personal backup of the disc right now and the content directory alone is going to take 8-10 hours to build. If I were to then theoretically upload the backup files of a 22.7GB game on my 3Mbps upstream, it would take an additional 18 hours. Long story short: I imagine it will take a good deal of time to pop up anywhere besides your local Best Buy
Patience is most definitely a vertue with these kind of things...!

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Size: 110 MB (115,781,660 bytes)
Size on disk: 110 MB (115,785,728 bytes)
Contains: 75 Files, 0 Folders

NUSgrabber.exe
MD5: 0CCFF22ED49DB0E20A8E9F89D3997821
SHA-1: 0B3CBA33AF98F82E6C4FBCB0B7010D13E3FA3399

my physical copy is in the mail
and i would like to install the update first

i got the same size as above, and after installed, i look up in Data Management and see XBX Data Update @ 80MB
is this OK or should i need to re-install again? (at least not showing as corrupted data)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my physical copy is in the mail
and i would like to install the update first

i got the same size as above, and after installed, i look up in Data Management and see XBX Data Update @ 80MB
is this OK or should i need to re-install again? (at least not showing as corrupted data)
Try it.
The game will work even if you don't install any update anyway.
Only make sure you have the TubeHax DNS and system update sites blocked and try to run the game.
The worst thing that may happen is that it says there is an update and it can't install it, just select to go on anyway and there you have the game running.

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Try it.
The game will work even if you don't install any update anyway.
Only make sure you have the TubeHax DNS and system update sites blocked and try to run the game.
The worst thing that may happen is that it says there is an update and it can't install it, just select to go on anyway and there you have the game running.

yeah, i guess i'll know later when my copy arrive :)
really can't wait to play this game (although i'm still in the middle playing TitS SC right now)

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
alright so i guess im not lurking enough, since the whole thread is very confusing to me.
so if any of you kind tempers could guide me step by step, i would appreciate it a whole lot.
later in the evening, when my kid goes to sleep, i definitely want to play!

i am on a 5.3.2 EUR WiiU with TubeHax DNS configured un-spoofed and a physical Ltd.Ed Xenoblade lying at my desk.
how can i properly update the game to the latest version, play the game and NOT get nagged with any system update prompts?
in the definite guide i read that spoofing is not really recommended, since we dont yet know how to change that in the future.

edit: OP needs to edit his first post, to make it less confusing ;)

guess i will try installing those update files through WUP and see where that gets me.
any benefits from dumping and playing from sd other than no drive noise? loadtimes better or worse via sd?

Last edited by PaBo,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alright so i guess im not lurking enough, since the whole thread is very confusing to me.
so if any of you kind tempers could guide me step by step, i would appreciate it a whole lot.
later in the evening, when my kid goes to sleep, i definitely want to play!

i am on a 5.3.2 EUR WiiU with TubeHax DNS configured un-spoofed and a physical Ltd.Ed Xenoblade lying at my desk.
how can i properly update the game to the latest version, play the game and NOT get nagged with any system update prompts?
in the definite guide i read that spoofing is not really recommended, since we dont yet know how to change that in the future.
1. Spoof the system
2. Download the Xenoblade X update with NUS grabber
3. Install the update with WUP installer

Additionally, if you want to install the data packs to improve loading speed, after spoofing use nnu-patcher to access the eshop and download them, they are listed as free DLC for Xenoblade X.

Reactions: popokakapetu

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc + 5.5.0 Spoof is enough to let the game work, tested my Special Edition^^

The Magic is, disable internet before starting the game!

Message Update > No Internet > OK > Start anyway, v1.0.0E boots up.

Reactions: paulloeduardo

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if the console downloaded the update file from tagaya, the game will ask to update even if you don't have online, but it should let you launch it witout updating.
If you blocked tagaya before nintendo updated that file, it will not prompt for updates even if there's one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the game comes with 5.4.0 (so I've heard). If you disable internet it should launch without updating to 5.5.0
there will probably be a "do you want to launch it without updating" prompt.

You won't be able to install the update, and probably won't be able to play online.

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Additionally, if you want to install the data packs to improve loading speed, after spoofing use nnu-patcher to access the eshop and download them, they are listed as free DLC for Xenoblade X.

so far ive managed to get everythign set up, however i do not see any free dlc for xenoblade in EU eshop. just trailers/demos and and actual purchase link.

edit: nvm. found them within the purchase link.
edit2: wtf?! 10gb?

Last edited by PaBo,

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
so far ive managed to get everythign set up, however i do not see any free dlc for xenoblade in EU eshop. just trailers/demos and and actual purchase link.

Thats a hefty patch

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yep, but they really speed up loading. I recommend you to download them if possible.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
loadiine don't need it and won't even access the DLC files.
eShop version don't need it, it's already installed on flash or usb, no disc access slowdown.
it's only an official method to install the game to HDD, as the WiiU (or Nintendo?) doesn't allow developers to copy disc to HDD, they are forced to release game files as free DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64