Five Nights At Freddy's Heading To The Big Screen

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Said the 2014 peon to the 2009 vet. Lets be honest, titles, join dates and post counts don't mean shit. Are people really this stupid?
I don't like FNAF, but I honestly didn't think it was such a bad game that the only argument to rebute anything I said was "lol you're a normal member so you're wrong."
Especially when all you need to do to get the title is knowing how to copy and paste, and having the free time to do it before somebody else.

I didn't mean that as an argument, I just thought it was interesting that you pretty much attacked the author of the article because he finds a game scary

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

My quote is more Scary than the whole movie I bet you.

Open the Spoiler if you want to be scared even more!

4594974+_146fa6c61e55eb164a563d786f39d3e1.gif

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My thought on this is that WB probably have no intention of actually making the movie. They'll sit on the rights for as long as possible so that nobody else can come along and make the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if WB's rights to make the movie almost expires so they decide to fart out a $100 budget movie, release it in one cinema so that they can keep the rights for several more years. Sorta like what happened when 90's Captain America and Fantastic Four happened.

I highly doubt this movie will come out quickly considering that Roy Lee will probably put more focus on Lego Movie 2 and not to mention that Roy Lee is also involved with Minecraft The Movie which is probably worth more.

TL;DR WB just wants FNAF all for itself.

Reactions: Deleted User

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is really one thing FNAF has that most horror movies don't, animatronics. there are so many people who were scared of these things when they were kids why not include them in a horror movie? it really doesn't have to be an entire movie based around that, just one scene.

p.s. silent hills needs a scene in a abandoned chuck e cheeses with haunted animatronics. but more creepy then FNAF

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious! I'm an old school Horror adventure fan... meaning I started with DOOM and Alone in the Dark, unless you want to count also the Dark Seed series and the like.
I was not scared by the Resident Evil comic book based action adventure, and Silent Hill's voice acting kind of killed it for me. I blew out a sigh of relief when Eternal Darkness released for the Game Cube, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, released for the XBOX, not to mention the Amnesia series for PC.

I have never heard of this game series though and checked it out last night... I didn't play much, but from what I did, I can see it is effective, and I do see how this story line could work well for a movie, after all the Resident Evil movies were as scary as the games them selves, only less so (Capcom should not have fired George Romero), and Silent Hill... don't make me laugh. Those movies play off like a Sci-Fi channel made for TV thriller.

That being said, yes, I can see this! A young kid starts his new job working night security at a Showbiz Pizza or what ever. His first night on the job, he gets a phone call from his boss telling him that the band comes to life at night, mistakes you as one of them, and try to stuff you into a suit, thus killing you...

...naturally the kid starting the job would think,"he's obviously pulling my leg, trying to freak me out on the first night of my job." Though to his dismay, it's all true, and he was obviously set up...

It could work!

Reactions: chavosaur

Yugimumoto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious! I'm an old school Horror adventure fan... meaning I started with DOOM and Alone in the Dark, unless you want to count also the Dark Seed series and the like.
I was not scared by the Resident Evil comic book based action adventure, and Silent Hill's voice acting kind of killed it for me. I blew out a sigh of relief when Eternal Darkness released for the Game Cube, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, released for the XBOX, not to mention the Amnesia series for PC.

I have never heard of this game series though and checked it out last night... I didn't play much, but from what I did, I can see it is effective, and I do see how this story line could work well for a movie, after all the Resident Evil movies were as scary as the games them selves, only less so (Capcom should not have fired George Romero), and Silent Hill... don't make me laugh. Those movies play off like a Sci-Fi channel made for TV thriller.

That being said, yes, I can see this! A young kid starts his new job working night security at a Showbiz Pizza or what ever. His first night on the job, he gets a phone call from his boss telling him that the band comes to life at night, mistakes you as one of them, and try to stuff you into a suit, thus killing you...

...naturally the kid starting the job would think,"he's obviously pulling my leg, trying to freak me out on the first night of my job." Though to his dismay, it's all true, and he was obviously set up...

It could work!
yes and during the day he starts to uncover the truth behind Fazbear's diner and the haunted animatronics.

Reactions: XDel

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't mean that as an argument, I just thought it was interesting that you pretty much attacked the author of the article because he finds a game scary

You certainly presented it as one, lol.
I really don't care if i'm ripping into the OP, or some random in the thread, it's all the same. I'll call a kettle a kettle if it suits me to do so.
It would be really boring if all forum members just agreed on everything. Forums are meant to be a typhoon of opinions, that's what makes 'em interesting and that's typically why you would post a thread in the first place.

You might see it as an "attack" but really i'm just bluntly stating my uncensored opinion. I don't actually care if someone shits their pants playing a horror videogame equivalent of TVs Tales from the Cryptkeeper. I'm just statin' my opinion.
Anywho that's all the offtopic banter you'll get from me.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not interested in the game but my son (13) freaking loves it, the game, the lore, he eats that shit up. He just told me about the movie prospect a few minutes before I saw this thread. He's excited as hell. I'll take him to see the thing if it ever comes out. I truly hope that the medium shift that always happens to books/games that turn into movies falls on the more favorable side. I love a good horror movie, and don't like the jump scare crap that's popular now, so if they play on the lore and not the mechanics of the game, write that into a decent horror, I'll be all for it. I'm a wishful thinker, I know.

Reactions: chavosaur

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Scares and Spooky seem to imply "scary"

FNAF does a great job of making you scare yourself over the anticipation OF being scared, more-so than the actual scare of the animatronic getting you in the end.

I mean, you can boil it down to being a game hipster and wanting to hate the popular thing as much as you want, FNAF is a highly successful series that offers simple yet intuitive gameplay elements. That's what makes it successful and a good game. Adapting it to the big screen seems like a perfect fit. Most Horror movies now focus on anticipation of events anyway, FNAF is the perfect fit for that genre.

This.

There is a reason why this game became so popular in such a short time.

Yes it's not much. All of the 3 games are fairly simplistic.

But what FNAF does, it does it WELL.

The FNAF series is a perfect example that you do not need an over complicated game to make a great game. Hell you don't even need a complete story.

All you need is a good concept and execute it better than other games have. Simple.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The best part about FnaF is the story and the lore- really, it was questionable why it was presented as a video game trilogy to begin with.

This would totally work as a movie. Is it going to be critically panned? Of course! But that's just the nature of the horror genre- critics hate it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Spectro87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best part about FnaF is the story and the lore- really, it was questionable why it was presented as a video game trilogy to begin with.

This would totally work as a movie. Is it going to be critically panned? Of course! But that's just the nature of the horror genre- critics hate it.

Horror can be done well. It usually just.. isn't. I'd rather see an Outlast movie rather than FNAF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: the internet