"Five Nights At Freddy's" movie gets a brand new 2nd trailer focusing on the plot

The long rumoured and finally confirmed movie for the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise under the helm of Blumhouse, announced just a couple months ago, got its 2nd trailer, this time focusing a bit more on the main plot of the movie, which seems to follow the lore of the main games.

The trailer goes through what seems to be a retelling of the first game, in which a security guard takes the job to look over the pizzeria, without knowing what he's getting into with the dark past of the place and its animatronic residents. A police officer seems to dump some exposition regarding the past of the pizzeria, citing an incident in which some kids went missing back in the 80s, causing the place to close down indefinitely. Mike, the security guard that took the job to look after the night shift in the pizzeria, will have to survive and keep little Abby safe from the hideous animatronics, while he discover the truth behind it all.

Can you survive five nights?

The terrifying horror game phenomenon becomes a blood-chilling cinematic event, as Blumhouse— the producer of M3GAN, The Black Phone and The Invisible Man— brings Five Nights at Freddy’s to the big screen.

The film follows a troubled security guard as he begins working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the night shift at Freddy’s won’t be so easy to make it through.

The movie will release on theaters and Peacock streaming on October 27th, 2023.[/quote]

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't we have a FNAF movie already?

I saw it mentioned in the other movie thread that the one you linked and another one were both pitches for the FNAF film that were rejected, so they went along and just made their own spin on it. Not sure how true that is though.

Either way, still somewhat looking forward to this. The animatronics look a bit wonky in the trailer but I imagine it'll be a fun watch, even if it's not the greatest film.

Reactions: eternal

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They must've made movie adaptations for every game in the world already, if scrapping for the bottom of the barrel like this.
This movie actually started planning back in late 2014. It took until 2022 before they managed to make a script that the original creator agreed with.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This movie actually started planning back in late 2014. It took until 2022 before they managed to make a script that the original creator agreed with.
Kinda funny considering the whole concept equates to a B-movie at best no matter how the script is written. It only remains to be seen if it's cheesy in a good way or a bad way.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, the trailer of the FNAF movie is pretty much identical to Banana Splits 2019 movie. I don't care, I'm up for it. :)

IIRC wasnt that movie gonna be the FNAF movie before Scott said he hated it? So they just took the script and tossed in the banana splits?
So I read it was originally meant to be a FNAF movie, then changed to, yep, the Banana Splits.

I guess in the future there will be a horror movie of SpongeBob SquarePants. lol

StanAgain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The long rumoured and finally confirmed movie for the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise under the helm of Blumhouse, announced just a couple months ago, got its 2nd trailer, this time focusing a bit more on the main plot of the movie, which seems to follow the lore of the main games.

The trailer goes through what seems to be a retelling of the first game, in which a security guard takes the job to look over the pizzeria, without knowing what he's getting into with the dark past of the place and its animatronic residents. A police officer seems to dump some exposition regarding the past of the pizzeria, citing an incident in which some kids went missing back in the 80s, causing the place to close down indefinitely. Mike, the security guard that took the job to look after the night shift in the pizzeria, will have to survive and keep little Abby safe from the hideous animatronics, while he discover the truth behind it all.

The movie will release on theaters and Peacock streaming on October 27th, 2023.

[/QUOTE]
If this continues we’ll soon get a Club Penguin movie, a Riddle School movie and a Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People movie

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always felt I was a bit old to understand FNAF, but honestly interested to know how much appeal such a film would have

It can't be worse than dragon ball evolution, right?

Reactions: Xzi

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't we have a FNAF movie already?

I never played FNAF and enjoyed Willy's Wonderland. So, watching the trailer for this movie, some shots reminded me heavily of Willy's Wonderland. I hope the characters in this movie are entertaining, that was the only real weak part of WW, Nic Cage was the only likable character, and he didn't even talk.

• Haha
Reactions: eternal

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always felt I was a bit old to understand FNAF, but honestly interested to know how much appeal such a film would have

It can't be worse than dragon ball evolution, right?
Huh, that's odd to compare the FNAF movie to DBE which was a complete disaster.

This at least looks fun and enjoyable.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Vexthewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The movie will release on theaters and Peacock streaming on October 27th, 2023.

[/QUOTE]

It looks like to me that there won’t be a phone guy given that the police officer instead gives the background on the restaurant and the animatronics…

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Universal? More like Universal bullcrap! Stop making so much movies based off games and make an original story. What's next? Undertale?
I agree, but this at least works.

Have you seen the live action Saint Seiya movie released this year? That looks bad, but wait! Netflix's One Piece is probably even worse. lol It's like they learned nothing with Dragon Ball Evolution.

Cowboy Bebop could have worked really well as a live action series as it's a Western set in Space, of course, since it's Netflix they fucked it up. No wonder.

Reactions: Kevbo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4