"Five Nights at Freddy's" movie produced by Blumhouse gets its first trailer, releases October 27th, 2023

In what seems to be an eternity since the hayday of the Five Nights at Freddy's craze, the long rumoured movie adaptation of the indie franchise finally got its first official teaser trailer on May 16th, 2023, with Jason Blum himself announcing the premiere of the teaser on his Twitter.

The trailer opens up with something akin to an instructional video for new employees that are starting as security guards in a Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. The video starts with an announcer dressed as an employer of the pizzeria talking to the customer/employee, as a normal instructional video would, and it's cut on and off between the video and scenes from the actual movie.

The movie is set to release on October 27th, 2023, so we're around 5 months away from being able to watch this on theaters.
Not much else is shown other than scenes of characters going through the pizzeria at night, hiding from the mechanical monsters that reside within it.
What are your expectations for the movie? What would you like to see from the video games in this live-action adaption?

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This reminds me of the Slenderman movie that was released by Sony years after the craze of the game. I totally want to watch it, though.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Blumhouse doesn't have a perfect track record with horror films, but when they get it right? It's usually REALLY good. Makes me hopeful that FNAF was indeed put in the right hands, and that this will be one of the better video game adaptations. The lore is certainly there, though as long as it tells a good story I won't be upset with changes made to fit a film better.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In what seems to be an eternity since the hayday of the Five Nights at Freddy's craze, the long rumoured movie adaptation of the indie franchise finally got its first official teaser trailer on May 16th, 2023, with Jason Blum himself announcing the premiere of the teaser on his Twitter.

The trailer opens up with something akin to an instructional video for new employees that are starting as security guards in a Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. The video starts with an announcer dressed as an employer of the pizzeria talking to the customer/employee, as a normal instructional video would, and it's cut on and off between the video and scenes from the actual movie.

The movie is set to release on October 27th, 2023, so we're around 5 months away from being able to watch this on theaters.
Not much else is shown other than scenes of characters going through the pizzeria at night, hiding from the mechanical monsters that reside within it.
What are your expectations for the movie? What would you like to see from the video games in this live-action adaption?

This is one of the few adaptations that I have the slightest bit of hope for. Seems like it's been mostly written by the original creator.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by eternal,
Reactions: pedro702

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Back in the day I never liked these games. Today, my son loves them. (Yeah, it came back to bite me in the ass.) But to be honest, I don't think this is going to be a good movie. It is going to have success, no doubt about that, but I don't think it is going to be a good quality movie, sadly. Just my two cents.

I just pray that it is not a Willy's Wonderland 2.0 :wtf:

Last edited by nWo,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really striking while iron is hot with this one.
Post automatically merged:

Games are garbage imo. About as scary as a speck of dust. Zero interest in the movie.
I completely agree, though I will say that I've always thought the premise was solid: A haunted Chuckie Cheese.

Seriously, in the right hands, that's a brilliant horror classic. In uninspired hands, it's a dumb boring video game re-released like 10 different times to a childish market that keeps coming back for more and only seem to like it for its lore potential, not for the actual games that they are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning