Hacking Firmware Reverse Engineering (Info Dump)

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Please could you stop writing nonsense, or questions that are not necessary and leave this thread for what has been created. THX!!!
MWPlayer123 says::
Well this is going to be completely impromptu just like most other things I do, but...
I'd like it if this thread was kept clean, it's fine if it's only posted in every other day as long as all posts are adding new info
TODO: Loading IOSU and/or cafe2wii into IDA and more details about them cause I'm running out of steam

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokken update fixing mewtwo exploit hopefully tomorrow, along with whatever else ninty are doing.
It's very probable. I wonder what will be new in the upcoming update (if there is one) other than the leaked heart thing from the sdk.

Also, are developers with access to the private exploit going to update just to see if it still work? The more firmwares it support the better for us.

Also good luck for the people working on this thread, your work is really appreciated :)

Reactions: hudhair

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am following this guide for a 5.5 kernel exploit, however when I load IDA, the functions you listed are not in my list. This is things such as tables.

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am following this guide for a 5.5 kernel exploit, however when I load IDA, the functions you listed are not in my list. This is things such as tables.
Yes because you need to add them manually, you didn't think they would hand it to you on a silver platter did you? Press G to bring up a jump to address and then paste in what it says, right clicking that line before the .byte or w/e should let you do a rename

Reactions: Phantom90

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes because you need to add them manually, you didn't think they would hand it to you on a silver platter did you? Press G to bring up a jump to address and then paste in what it says, right clicking that line before the .byte or w/e should let you do a rename
Ok, sorry. I didn't know.

drewl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And again.
Devs, if you are there.
What about information on wiiubrew.org from ‎Malygneo? something useful?
He put a lot of data about IOSU (Architecture, Kernel), Ancast image etc. on 4 April, really nobody sees or all closed their eyes?

Last edited by drewl,

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And again.
Devs, if you are there.
What about information on wiiubrew.org from ‎Malygneo? something useful?
He put a lot of data about IOSU (Architecture, Kernel), Ancast image etc. on 4 April, really nobody sees or all closed their eyes?

"The quick brown fox jumps over 13 lazy dogs" ..Not sure what relevance it has yet.

The quote is commonly used in writing because it utilizes every letter in the alphabet. On wikapedia I found this info on the saying.

"""In the age of computers, this pangram is commonly used to display font samples and for testing computer keyboards. In cryptography, it is commonly used as a test vector for hash and encryption algorithms to verify their implementation, as well as to ensure alphabetic character set compatibility. Microsoft Word has a command to auto-type the sentence, in versions up to Word 2003, using the command =rand(), and in Microsoft Office Word 2007 and later using the command =rand.old().[10]"""

Last edited by Mattmatic,

drewl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The quick brown fox jumps over 13 lazy dogs" ..Not sure what relevance it has yet.

The quote is commonly used in writing because it utilizes every letter in the alphabet. On wikapedia I found this info on the saying.

"""In the age of computers, this pangram is commonly used to display font samples and for testing computer keyboards. In cryptography, it is commonly used as a test vector for hash and encryption algorithms to verify their implementation, as well as to ensure alphabetic character set compatibility. Microsoft Word has a command to auto-type the sentence, in versions up to Word 2003, using the command =rand(), and in Microsoft Office Word 2007 and later using the command =rand.old().[10]"""

I didn't mean it. Look at the recent changes for April 4 here

(diff | hist) . . Hardware/Latte Registers‎; 23:04 . . (+207)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎ (‎Register list: )
(diff | hist) . . Ancast Image‎; 21:48 . . (+1,844)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎
(diff | hist) . . IOSU‎; 20:04 . . (+18)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎ (‎Kernel: )
(diff | hist) . . IOSU‎; 20:02 . . (+7,336)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎ (‎Architecture: )

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean it. Look at the recent changes for April 4 here

(diff | hist) . . Hardware/Latte Registers‎; 23:04 . . (+207)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎ (‎Register list: )
(diff | hist) . . Ancast Image‎; 21:48 . . (+1,844)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎
(diff | hist) . . IOSU‎; 20:04 . . (+18)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎ (‎Kernel: )
(diff | hist) . . IOSU‎; 20:02 . . (+7,336)‎ . . ‎Malygneo (Talk | contribs)‎ (‎Architecture: )

I hadn't seen that yet. Yellows8 just updated some stuff too.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like I revealed earlier. That text is found in the system font files without the 13.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Segment 0: CafeOs kernel data (not directly accessible by a user program)
  • Segment 1: Application text (executable code)
  • Segment 2: Thread stacks and native heap (the area controlled with malloc/free)
  • Segments 3-C and E: Memory mapped regions (including files) and shared memory
  • Segment D: Shared library text (executable code)
  • Segment F: Shared library data
default_memory_model.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2