Hacking Firmware Reverse Engineering (Info Dump)

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've never seen NWPlayer go off about piracy. Some other ones though... Your post is both off topic, and trash.

Side note: Nice to see devs looking for a more crowd sourced approach in the general public, hopefully smarter people than I can help get this documented out faster. I'll continue to poke around, and as discussion grows, I'll probably get a better idea of where to poke around.
My post wasnt directed to NW but to all devs. But anything against our beloved devs is trash.
It would be nice to see all those opposing piracy to let us know of their views.
The only non hypocritical thing to do is either buy the software for the developers or demand everything to shut down.

EDIT: They should also stop using all homebrew that was a result of piracy.

Last edited by steelseth,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yes, @Datalogger was working on IDA for a long time but we dont know the work progress. Ryan was working too.
Create your own firmware AKA CFW/Emunand. Is a risk people knowing how to do but we need more progress.

no i know DL's progress , as i know where its documented , as does nwplayer .. question was specific.

Reactions: brienj

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Please correct me if I'm wrong but looking at the wii u boot chain for launching titles there are 4 steps, 2 of the 4 steps are images that can contain data with audio wich is allowed according to the devkit. The nand can be instructed by the title launch parameters, including from the meta tags, to not disable anything on boot and also disable any checks. A master ROM can be created and called via the title launcher as long as it matches the console info.

On another note I think it's slightly insulting to developers when people talk about boot loaders for piracy simply because it's probably the easiest task to accomplish. The hard work needed to build a platform for homebrew is where the challenge lies and what keeps devs going. To simply hack and console for piracy is a bore and many devs would rather move on. If only people could understand that concept.

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I look inside the kernel , I can tell that we need to expand rom adress at the end to 0xFFFFFFF ( at 1 F near ) there is some "Dword " at the end .

Mw , just a little question , I know how to get the magic happening in arm with the f5 magic touch , but it's not working on the ppc . Any advice ?

Get my head on fw kernel and myqteriU ... do I have a life ? That the best question .

Pswincd : don't talk to loud you gonna wake up the kids lol .

Last edited by ryuutseku85,

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
As I look inside the kernel , I can tell that we need to expand rom adress at the end to 0xFFFFFFF ( at 1 F near ) there is some "Dword " at the end .

Mw , just a little question , I know how to get the magic happening in arm with the f5 magic touch , but it's not working on the ppc . Any advice ?

Get my head on fw kernel and myqteriU ... do I have a life ? That the best question .

Pswincd : don't talk to loud you gonna wake up the kids lol .
Well it might wake others lol

Reactions: ryuutseku85

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just it, the Hex Rays Decompiler doesn't support PPC :< if it did my life would be at least 4 times easier
@NWPlayer123 I was trying to decompile the Espresso kernel image but in IDA in processor options it asks for TOC adress, SDA (r13) Adress and MNIO base. I have no idea on what's wrong
Just put in 0xFFFFFFFF, mine fills it in automatically

z0mb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let me estimate you got a decrypted binary file with readable text and call it decryptedbin.out.
And you want to create an elf file (decryptedbin.elf). Then use DevkitPPC executable ...

powerpc-eabi-objcopy -I binary -O elf32-powerpc -B powerpc --change-addresses=0xffe00000 --set-section-flags .data=code decryptedbin.out decryptedbin.elf

IDA likes those elf files. ;)

Last edited by z0mb3,
Reactions: NWPlayer123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D