ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Reddazrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't worked with HANS in a long time, but I do know that HANS, even if you set up everything correctly, doesn't like Fates and glitches out more than it actually works. I recommend using the NTR CFW method if you haven't updated to 11.3 yet. The recent updates to HANS and the Homebrew Launcher have made HANS not work with a lot of games, iirc.

This appears to be true, at least for me. The original Homebrew Starter Kit + HANS I downloaded worked flawlessly 99% of the time. I recently updated those files, and I think I managed to load up HANS to play this hack once out of at least twenty or thirty tries. Thankfully, I kept all of my "old" files and once I replaced the new with the old, everything was back to that lovely 99% success rate. I, uh, don't suppose I'm allowed to share my boot.3dsx + HANS files to see if they work for Runefactress? Along with a huge disclaimer of I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BRICKS YOUR 3DS, naturally.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This appears to be true, at least for me. The original Homebrew Starter Kit + HANS I downloaded worked flawlessly 99% of the time. I recently updated those files, and I think I managed to load up HANS to play this hack once out of at least twenty or thirty tries. Thankfully, I kept all of my "old" files and once I replaced the new with the old, everything was back to that lovely 99% success rate. I, uh, don't suppose I'm allowed to share my boot.3dsx + HANS files to see if they work for Runefactress? Along with a huge disclaimer of I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BRICKS YOUR 3DS, naturally.
They're Homebrew files, you can share them. As long as it's not files that are copyrighted, you can share them.

Reddazrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're Homebrew files, you can share them. As long as it's not files that are copyrighted, you can share them.

Thanks! I thought I could, but I didn't want to inadvertently break any rules.

Excuse me for flooding but does changing a character gender using the save editor before they get to S rank solves the no-children problem or do I still have to actually dump the rom and hex edit stuff the "hard" way? Thanks in advance.

It's never solved the problem for me, although apparently it's worked for others? So I guess the answer is "I'm not sure; test it out, and it may work." Corrin is a special case, though, and apparently even if changing genders does work for everyone else, it's a coin flip whether or not it will work for her/him and it might mess up other things. Personally, I just use the All Paralogues Unlocked patch. The only fiddling around you have to do then is in FEFTwiddler to make the game recognize the kids as siblings, and that takes all of half a minute.

Reactions: MattVM

Runefactress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!

MattVM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game freezes in a white screen when F!Corrin is marrying Jakob. I'm gonna test if this happens with every male marrying her or just him. Is this a known issue?

Well, it's happening no matter which male I try to marry my F!Corrin. Is the hack meant to only allow gay couples?

Second edit: it works if I skip the convo right from the start. Weird.

Last edited by MattVM,

Katsu6170

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question does OOT3D still work on 11.3.0.36? I accidentally updated and was trying to find the new payloads but they weren't in either folder. Plz help orz

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUYS. I still need to test this, but I've had a pretty nice idea that could help everyone!!

This patch provides a gamedata.bin with the child paralogues already unlocked, BUT the only way to have the children recognized as siblings by the game is to manually hex edit, right? So I thought of something.
This method could help anyone who wants the kids (who are recognized as siblings) without having to save, turn off the 3ds, connect the SD to the computer, manually hex edit the gender of one of the parents, marry the charas, and then hex edit once again to turn it back to normal.
The idea is pretty simple, actually:
  1. Decide who you want to marry with who beforehand. You can use a marriage chart or something (just search "fates marriage chart" on google images).
  2. Make a copy of your Gamedata.bin file, and hex edit the gender of one of the parents for each couple you decided to marry later on with the method described here.
  3. Put the edited Gamedata.bin in your SD file but NOT in the correct directory. You can put it on the root of your SD or in some other folder.
  4. Install on your 3ds something like CTRXplorer, which is an app that lets you move around the files that are in your SD (as well as doing lots of other stuff, even hex edit files!).
  5. Just play your game normally. Once you get to the point that you need to marry some characters, open CTRXplorer and move the original Gamedata.bin to any other location, and move the EDITED Gamedata.bin in the correct location.
  6. Marry the characters you want to marry.
  7. Once you're done, just put the original Gamedata.bin back where it was, and the same goes for the edited Gamedata.bin.
This way, you won't even need to take out your SD everytime to hex edit. You can do everything directly from your 3ds.
As I said, I haven't tested this but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let me know if it works! Tested myself and it definitely works!!

Hey, I know you posted this ages ago, but I'm having trouble understanding this. Every time you edit the romfs folder, you have to rebuild it, but you can't do that with CTRXplorer so when I tried this method, it didn't work. Was there an update or something?

Katsu6170

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you sooooo much I finally got it working but the only issue now isn't that whenever i go into the dragon gate thingy it always freezes any suggestions on what I should do?
I've looked deeper into the thread and seen that it doesn't work with HANS but I was able to get on before. It started freezing recently for me. I'm not sure if this was already answered or not.

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked deeper into the thread and seen that it doesn't work with HANS but I was able to get on before. It started freezing recently for me. I'm not sure if this was already answered or not.
Does it just freeze completely and make you turn off the game? I use hans and I've always been able to get into it. That's really weird.

Katsu6170

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it just freeze completely and make you turn off the game? I use hans and I've always been able to get into it. That's really weird.
It freezes completely and I have to turn it off. It's only been happening recently I don't know what's happened that made it start acting up.

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It freezes completely and I have to turn it off. It's only been happening recently I don't know what's happened that made it start acting up.
Maybe you could try reinstalling the hack? I don't know if it's the hack or Hans itself, though. Are you using Hans through the soundhack?

Reddazrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Have you recently updated your boot.3dsx / hans / otherapp.bin files? That seems to have been causing problems for other people.

Katsu6170

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could try reinstalling the hack? I don't know if it's the hack or Hans itself, though. Are you using Hans through the soundhack?
Yeah I'm using soundhack
Have you recently updated your boot.3dsx / hans / otherapp.bin files? That seems to have been causing problems for other people.
I just changed from OOT to sound and redownloaded the starter pack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.