ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

heliopause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the actual effects of the patch, if you pair Keaton and Kaden together their children will be so terribly broken. With the ability Better Odds which restores 40% HP on odd turns and Even Better which restores 40% HP on even turns getting passed down, you have TWO automatically healing murdering machines. I swept a paralouge with just one of them paired with F!Kana.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget what I said earlier. I finished the guide. What's next?
1. Download the hack in the first post and extract it.
2. Navigate to the NTR_CFW_Version folder.
3. Depending on the region and game you're using, you'll want to go into that folder. For example, I have the US Special Edition, so I'll want to go into the USA_Special_Edition folder.
4. Move the plugin folder and the fefatesSE/Conquest/Birthright folder (depending on your game) to the root of your SD card.
5. Go to the BootNTR Selector thread and install one of the two CIAs in the first post with FBI.
6. Launch the newly installed BootNTR CIA and use the default settings and follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Open BootNTR Selector and choose either version (3.2, 3.3, or 3.4).
8. After you get back to the Home Menu, open Fates.
9. If you see a green flash on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen, the hack should be successful. It's recommended to start a new save file when using the hack. You don't have to start a new save file every time, but you will probably need to start a new save file when the hack gets a new update. If you don't see a green flash, copy over the files for the hack and make sure they're in the proper places.

Toluene

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi~
So I'm using this patch and... I have a problem.
Actually, I used my Amiibo Ike, and I fought him and won. Good, he's now in my castle... as an Amiibo, and not as a real character with supports.
Huuum I don't know what I did wrong, I can have a Same-Sex S Support for others characters.
I can try to do the same thing with Marth buuut I don't think it could work.
Is there something to do before adding him in the team ?

RasenShot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

EDIT:

I'm retarded. I had installed only the Mode 3 BootNTR Selector WITHOUT the normal one. Now that I got both and did it with the normal one, the screen flashes green. I guess that's everything right? Thank you!

@Toluene
I believe you just have to check what's inside your "My Castle Join" folder that comes with the Gay Fates main folder. Follow the instructions there.

Last edited by RasenShot,

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I'm having trouble getting kids into the game... I have followed the instructions to the letter on UnassumingVenusaur's tumblr page. I've changed Azura to 00 for male, recompressed it, then put the hex back at the top. I then redid the romfs builder and put the micro sd card back in my 3ds. I try to load the game through Hans and I get a black screen. Help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Feythnin,

slurexe

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Can anyone verify if they've gotten the NTR CFW version to work with TeamIF's translation? It works (as shown by the green flash when booting into the game) but does not seem to have any effect and crashes randomly.

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! I figured out kids. So basically, with the newest version of the hack, you don't need to delete the first four hex points. Just decompress it, rename it, change whatever you need to, then recompress it, change the name back, then repackage the romf. I'm so happy. I love my Azura!mkana

EDIT: Shoot, now I'm having an issue where the game isn't recognizing Shigure and mKana as siblings. Derp

Last edited by Feythnin,

Kailow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nirmonculus Here are the character block offsets for all the characters you asked for, plus some more. Change the byte at the address. Remember, 00 means male, and 01 means female. You need one "male" and one "female" character in an s rank to initially unlock the child. You can change it back after it's recruited.

Anna: 0x3818

Arthur: 0x1f28

Asugi: 0x2fc8

Azama: 0x1770

Azura: 0x1348

Benny: 0x2518

Beruka: 0x2350

Caeldori: 0x3228

Camilla: 0x2220

Charlotte: 0x25b0

Dwyer: 0x2cd0

Effie: 0x1fc0

Elise: 0x1e90

Felicia: 0x1050

Flora: 0x29d8

Forrest: 0x33f0

Fuga: 0x28a8

Gunter: 0xfb8

Hana: 0x13e0

Hayato: 0x18a0

Hinata: 0x19d0

Hinoka: 0x16d8

Hisame: 0x30f8

Ignatius: 0x3488

Ike: 0xa2f8

Izana: 0x2810

Jakob: 0x10e8

Kaden: 0x1c30

Kagero: 0x1b00

Kaze: 0x1218

Keaton: 0x26e0

Kiragi: 0x2f30

Laslow: 0x23e8

Leo: 0x2648

Lucina: 0xa390

Marth: 0xa260

Midori: 0x2e00

Mitama: 0x3190

Mozu: 0x2a70

Niles: 0x20f0

Nina: 0x3780

Nyx: 0x2188

Oboro: 0x1938

Odin: 0x2058

Ophelia: 0x3650

Orochi: 0x1640

Percy: 0x35b8

Peri: 0x2480

Reina: 0x1b98

Rhajat: 0x32c0

Rinkah: 0x1180

Robin: 0xa428

Ryoma: 0x11c8

Saizo: 0x15a8

Sakura: 0x12b0

Scarlet: 0x1d60

Selena: 0x22b8

Selkie: 0x3060

Setsuna: 0x1808

Shigure: 0x2c38

Shiro: 0x2e98

Shura: 0x1df8

Siegbert: 0x3358

Silas: 0x1510

Soleil: 0x36e8

Sophie: 0x2d68

Subaki: 0x1478

Takumi: 0x1a68

Velouria: 0x3520

Xander: 0x2778

Yukimura: 0x2940

Is there one for Corrin? I was also wondering because I was curious if it'd be possible to get a female kana with a female pc. And also because of above

OMG! I figured out kids. So basically, with the newest version of the hack, you don't need to delete the first four hex points. Just decompress it, rename it, change whatever you need to, then recompress it, change the name back, then repackage the romf. I'm so happy. I love my Azura!mkana

EDIT: Shoot, now I'm having an issue where the game isn't recognizing Shigure and mKana as siblings. Derp

Last edited by Kailow,

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there one for Corrin? I read the corrin/Azura S support doesn't flag Shigure and Kana as sibilings. I was also wondering because I was curious if it'd be possible to get a female kana with a female pc.
So basically, I figured out the sibling thing. You have to use FEFTwiddler to make them into siblings. There's a tutorial somewhere. I can't find it at the moment. But it has to do with the fact that Azura is marked as the mom for Shigure, but the dad for Kana. You have to mark her as the same for both of them. It's the same with all the m/m relationships too. Both children need to have the same parent combo. If I find the tut again, I'll edit this post.

HERE IT IS: http://unassumingvenusaur.tumblr.com/post/145535187405/getting-children-for-already-married-couples

Last edited by Feythnin,

Kailow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, I figured out the sibling thing. You have to use FEFTwiddler to make them into siblings. There's a tutorial somewhere. I can't find it at the moment. But it has to do with the fact that Azura is marked as the mom for Shigure, but the dad for Kana. You have to mark her as the same for both of them. It's the same with all the m/m relationships too. Both children need to have the same parent combo. If I find the tut again, I'll edit this post.

HERE IT IS: http://unassumingvenusaur.tumblr.com/post/145535187405/getting-children-for-already-married-couples

Awesome, thank's! so if I read that right I can get FKana by making F corrin the father azura the mother for both right?

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone verify if they've gotten the NTR CFW version to work with TeamIF's translation? It works (as shown by the green flash when booting into the game) but does not seem to have any effect and crashes randomly.
Glad I'm not the only one. Would really appreciate any confirmation or if its just user error in that Im not installing right or something.

Feythnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thank's! so if I read that right I can get FKana by making F corrin the father azura the mother for both right?
Yep just make sure that one is the father for both and one is the mother for both. I mean, that's how you get mKana. I'd have to do some more research into how to get fKana. Maybe you would have to make it so your Avatar is marked as male before you get them married

Last edited by Feythnin,

ishiyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello there. i'm new to this kind of stuff but i'm really excited to get this working. i'm sure this was discussed before, but i haven't been able to find the answer so i'll just ask. i'm someone who bought a physical copy of birthright and purchased conquest and revelations through the nintendo eshop. will this count as having the special edition cartridge? i'm looking to use the HANS method on my revelations route, so I'm wondering if this is the path i should take. thank you!

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello there. i'm new to this kind of stuff but i'm really excited to get this working. i'm sure this was discussed before, but i haven't been able to find the answer so i'll just ask. i'm someone who bought a physical copy of birthright and purchased conquest and revelations through the nintendo eshop. will this count as having the special edition cartridge? i'm looking to use the HANS method on my revelations route, so I'm wondering if this is the path i should take. thank you!
If you have a physical birthright, then that is what you use. However, I believe HANS will not load dlc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb