::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
rickz0rz said:
Still working on the table format for the font files. Had 0 sleep last night, so I think I'm going to check out for a while and probably work on it some more tomorrow.

For those who have ripped graphics from the game already, which format were they in? Did you have to add anything special to the files for Tile Molester? It's not my tool of choice generally, so any information that could speed it up would be helpful.
Haven't worked with the graphics at all but they have no compression if I do remember correctly.

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
If you're talking about the file font/talk I noticed something. I opened it up in a tile editor, and looked pretty odd. Small segment of noise in the middle with two areas that had, at least when viewed in GBA 4bpp mode, data aligned to the left.

Then it hit me.

This is isn't an ordinary graphics file--it has tabled data. Just looking at it in a hex editor seems to confirm my suspicion. I'll examine that a bit more later.
I did look at the font little bit some time ago. I made a post, but this thread has become so big, you probably didn't read it.
Anyway I'll just say it again: it's not 4bpp, but 2bpp actually. I do remember the fonts having a table and headers, but I never really looked at them closely. They may indeed provide a very important clue. The biggest problem was what comes after the tables (and 2bpp data if it's present). If you look at it in a tile editor, the data looks very random and very dense (in 1bpp, 2bpp and 4bpp), which is why I believed they were either compressed or in a very very peculiar format >.>

rickz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on getting the debugger version of NO$GBA. Whether or not this happens, I have no idea. The paypal link on the site is dead, dead, dead... I figure the debugging version should allow me to trace back where the data is coming from and how it's being read.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
rickz0rz said:
Working on getting the debugger version of NO$GBA. Whether or not this happens, I have no idea. The paypal link on the site is dead, dead, dead... I figure the debugging version should allow me to trace back where the data is coming from and how it's being read.
Even if you can't buy No$gba, Ideas has debugging capabilities too, if memory serves.

rickz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
Even if you can't buy No$gba, Ideas has debugging capabilities too, if memory serves.

It does, but Ideas' debugging capabilities aren't nowhere near as comprehensive as NO$GBA's. Either way, I'll hope for a response and just keep churning on stuff in the meantime.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rickz0rz said:
It does, but Ideas' debugging capabilities aren't nowhere near as comprehensive as NO$GBA's. Either way, I'll hope for a response and just keep churning on stuff in the meantime.
Yeah, it lets you view the assembly but doesn't even have step through or breakpoints, making it pretty much useless.

yami_sora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their forum is down now? Does that mean the project is discontinued as well?

EDIT: Back up, nevermind.

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I have a question?

Is fire emblem a Japan exclusive game? Or are we just impatient for it? Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, good job guys, keep up the good work.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@hksmrchan - I think you just answered your own question..
smile.gif

Be patient it will get released.

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys going to continue the translation? I would, you never know if they will water down fire emblem to easy modu! or something like that. Never played FE though, but the online part got me hyped. Only if FFTA got online...

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it is officially announced that Fire Emblem DS is getting a port to North American Version around 1st half of 2009. I have learned about it about 9 hours ago but never had accessed to my home computer until now. But this can't stop us from translating.

*Actually it kind of did stopped me from wanting to translate it. But I will help continue on translating it if the other team members want to. I don't really mind

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
aznanimefreak1 said:
*Actually it kind of did stopped me from wanting to translate it. But I will help continue on translating it if the other team members want to. I don't really mind

Which is exactly what I figured would happen.

Please, with Ike and Marth in Smash Brothers Brawl, there was no chance this game wasn't getting an American release. Everyone who wanted a translation just didn't want to wait.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
kikuchiyo said:
aznanimefreak1 said:

Which is exactly what I figured would happen.

Please, with Ike and Marth in Smash Brothers Brawl, there was no chance this game wasn't getting an American release. Everyone who wanted a translation just didn't want to wait.
I didn't know there was an official translation coming, if you want to believe I'm impatient then do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: